ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall to Michigan St

Here's another way to look at it. The student section catches onto things and it can be hard to let it go. Just like the 1, 2, 3, 4 first down B**ch chant. Most PU fans do not like it. In fact on GBI most people that write on there have complained about both the IU sucks and the first down chant. Saying something is an entire fan base mentality because of what the students do, is false logic.

We sit in good seats for the IU game in Mackey and have for a long time. They do that hell fire IU thing even down amongst the oldsters.

One funny thing from last year's bucket game, There were a lot of Iu fans there as you know and a group of them after listening to the 1234 first down bitch...IU hit a pass on first down for a first down...they all yelled 1...first down bitch. One of the few times it was an option in the game.

Limestone is beautiful, much nicer than brick. The core campus is not spread out and integrates with the urban center of Bloomington wonderfully.

That is the other piece that some don't give IU credit for...how awesome the Kirkwood etc retail. Bar, and restaurant scene connects and looks. It's the whole package.

Reactions: IUgradman
"purdue is all too often acting like the little brother that says they belong - instead of just acting like they do. Stop whining about losing recruiting battles and stop obsessing over other teams. Act like you've been there."72 Tasmanian Devil, Today at 12:06 PM

You hit it on the head-broilees have not been there, ever.

It is subjective and you are subjectively looking through black and gold glasses but when multiple places rank IU's campus as one of the top ten most beautiful campuses by people that are objective and have dog in the fight then that means something.

Too spread out? Really? First, according to Google, PU's campus is 2468 acres and IU's is 1939 acres. Second, most classes are within about a 3-4 block area. My walk was almost never more that 10-15 minutes.

That is great you love PU's campus since you must have went there but for my subjective view, concrete, plain brick buildings and parking garages is not beautiful or desired. I will take the trees, woods, limestone and Jordon river ANY DAY.
I had my feelings about the two campuses before I ever attended PU and was an IU fan (or Bob Knight fan, however you want to look at it). Purdue has beautiful parks, and grass area's with trees. I do like brick over limestone. I'm not a woodsy person, so perhaps that's part of my issue.

It's subjective. Personally I don't like IU's campus at all. Just because some magazine, website, or whatever likes it, doesn't make it the end all.

Yes, campus beauty is subjective. Here's what's not subjective: IU consistently gets mentioned on these lists and PU never makes them. Ever. That's the end all. Got it?

Brutal.

But true . . .

But to be fair, the PU campus has improved over the past decade. Time and money spent on landscaping and more imaginative architecture. They are even working to try to clean up some of the off campus entertainment areas.

None of this is any threat to the Bloomington environment. It simply rocks.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
But to be fair, the PU campus has improved over the past decade. Time and money spent on landscaping and more imaginative architecture. They are even working to try to clean up some of the off campus entertainment areas.

As I said above, I visited there last in 2006. Was cold and unappealing - and that was in June.

Reactions: Rakkasan29

It's incredible how much the campus has changed in the last 4 years alone.

The buildings on PU's campus have zero architecture and are as creative and artistic as a post office building. This is what most of the buildings on PU's campus look like:

post_office_50278_zearing.jpg

Reactions: 76-1 and hondo314
It's changed a TON in just the last 4 years let alone since '06.
Roseanne Barr could lose a TON, and she'd still be butt ugly.

I'm sure My Man Mitch has tried to spruce the place up. But there's only so much you can do to improve that campus.

Let's illustrate this another way:

Here is the heart of the Purdue academic area.

Here is the heart of IU academic area.

Absolutely no comparison. None. These two Google Map links perfectly illustrate why one school is listed among the most beautiful campuses in America, and one isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmygoiu
Roseanne Barr could lose a TON, and she'd still be butt ugly.

I'm sure My Man Mitch has tried to spruce the place up. But there's only so much you can do to improve that campus.

Let's illustrate this another way:

Here is the heart of the Purdue academic area.

Here is the heart of IU academic area.

Absolutely no comparison. None. These two Google Map links perfectly illustrate why one school is listed among the most beautiful campuses in America, and one isn't.
That is NOT the heart of the Purdue academic area, LOL. I don't even know where that is. I don't recognize that at all.

The IU pic isn't even a good one. That looks meh.

I'm from Bloomington and a life long IU fan who attended Purdue. IU definitely has a beautiful campus. Purdue's campus I would not describe as beautiful but I also wouldn't say it's ugly. Actually, far from it. And the last time I went back (over 10 years ago) it had changed quite a bit from when I was there and was still changing for the better.

@Tasmanian Devil I'm with @Boilermaker03 on that picture. It doesn't represent the campus at all. I also don't know it.

IMO Izzo has run his course. Not saying he isn't going to ever be good again, but he has done less with more over the last 5 years or so. The star level he consistently gets, yet has had some embarrassing losses in the tournament. I don't see how recruits don't notice. Maybe it's all the distractions that's been going on there involving rape/etc. Just as Choptalk was saying, why would you send your kid there?

Last 5 years:

2018: Won B1G regular season, 1-1 in NCAAT, embarassing loss to Cuse, 2 NBA first round picks (Bridges, JJJ)

2017: 1-1 in NCAAT, with 1 single player over 6'6" after multiple players injured

2016: BTT champs, embarassing 1st round loss, 1 first round NBA pick (Valentine - a 3star), 1 2nd round NBA pick (Davis)

2015: Final 4, lost BTT final, 1 second round NBA pick (Dawson)

2014: Elite 8, BTT champs, 2 first round NBA picks (Payne, Harris)

MSU hasn't made it out of the first weekend of the NCAAT for the last 3 seasons in a row, which is Izzo's only time doing so in his 23+ year career. It sucks, but he literally made the Final 4 just prior to this current 3 season "streak" of early tournament losses.

Painter has only made it out of the first weekend, 4x total in 14 seasons at Purdue. He's missed the tournament completely 3x. He has one single player who has done anything of significance at all in the NBA, in Etwuan Moore.

So even with the last 3 shitty NCAAT runs, Izzo's last 5 years are still better than anything Painter has done in his career at Purdue.

Last 5 years:

2018: Won B1G regular season, 1-1 in NCAAT, embarassing loss to Cuse, 2 NBA first round picks (Bridges, JJJ)

2017: 1-1 in NCAAT, with 1 single player over 6'6" after multiple players injured

2016: BTT champs, embarassing 1st round loss, 1 first round NBA pick (Valentine - a 3star), 1 2nd round NBA pick (Davis)

MSU hasn't made it out of the first weekend of the NCAAT for the last 3 seasons in a row, which is Izzo's only time doing so in his 23+ year career. It sucks, but he literally made the Final 4 just prior to this current 3 season "streak" of early tournament losses.

Painter has only made it out of the first weekend, 4x total in 14 seasons at Purdue. He's missed the tournament completely 3x. He has one single player who has done anything of significance at all in the NBA, in Etwuan Moore.

So even with the last 3 shitty NCAAT runs, Izzo's last 5 years are still better than anything Painter has done in his career at Purdue.
Anyone get raped by a player today?

The prosecutors sure didn’t find her to be credible. Do you really not understand what “alleges” means?

I do indeed. Guess it's more credible that after waiting three years she just made all this up:

The lawsuit obtained by The Detroit News says the woman, a current student at Michigan State, reported the incident to MSU’s Counseling Center but staff cautioned her about the consequences of telling the police because the alleged sexual assault involved basketball players.

“The MSUCC staff made it clear to (the victim) that if she chose to notify the police, she faced an uphill battle that would create anxiety and unwanted media attention and publicity as had happened with many other female students who were sexually assaulted by well-known athletes,” Monday's lawsuit, filed by attorney Karen Truszkowski, read.

Hadn't heard that anyone objective had deemed her not credible or that the case had been dismissed - only that MSU's lawyers called for its dismissal on the grounds that the players, and not the university were the ones actually liable:

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/M...mer-basketball-players-of-rape-488534311.html

Way to represent.

Last 5 years:

Wonderful. Now compare star raitngs of Izzo's team and Painters and get back to me.

I had my feelings about the two campuses before I ever attended PU and was an IU fan (or Bob Knight fan, however you want to look at it). Purdue has beautiful parks, and grass area's with trees. I do like brick over limestone. I'm not a woodsy person, so perhaps that's part of my issue.
Lol you think Purdue's campus even compares to IU's campus?!

o_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT