ADVERTISEMENT

MAGA

I got a question. Why can't we get more manufacturing in the U.S.? Are you saying we can't? The reason why I ask is because there are a lot of good people out there who are hard working and manufacturing is their ticket to living a decent life. We need more products with the, "Made In America" stamp on them.
"Biden has emphasized the growth of manufacturing jobs when touting bills he’s signed into law, including the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, the CHIPS and Science Act, and the Inflation Reduction Act.

The data shows that manufacturing jobs have grown by about 6.5% since Biden took office. Trump ranks second at 3.4%, followed by Clinton at 2.5%. Three years into their terms, Obama and Bush had both overseen losses in manufacturing jobs."

And since you're not from Indy, you may not be familiar with Carrier...

Am I denying something that never happened? No, I wasn't denying that at any point in this thread, but if it floats your boat I'll go ahead and deny it now.
Why do you think people wear Pussy hats?

I’m on record as saying Biden needed to step down. Especially after the June debate. I’m also on record saying Trump should step down too.
And you would have voted for Biden, regardless. So sit down and STFU.

Who needs a link here? You guys throw around accusations of racism and anti-gay and all kinds of there untruths about Republicans with a 'link' to anything.

So, I'll say what I want like it's fact, just like you do. And I know you love links, but opinion pieces aren't facts.

Reactions: ulrey
Who needs a link here? You guys throw around accusations of racism and anti-gay and all kinds of there untruths about Republicans with a 'link' to anything.

So, I'll say what I want like it's fact, just like you do. And I know you love links, but opinion pieces aren't facts.

Translation-I made it up.

• Love
Reactions: cosmickid
Why do you think people wear Pussy hats?
Because Trump famously said he thought he could grab women by the pussy because he was famous and women were rightfully worried that a Trump administration/his Supreme Court nominees would limit women’s healthcare rights?

I’m pretty sure that’s it.

Reactions: UncleMark
Rural Georgia is so beautiful. It’s a shame. There are some good enclaves up in the ne mountains. Where do you live. I’ve been in Ga since 2003.
My mother-in-law is from Coffee county and she had 9 brothers and sisters who all live around Douglas.

They are the most racist people I have ever encountered in my life. Some, I presume, are good people (joking, they do lots of good deeds, but somehow don't see racism as a disconnect).

We still go occasionally to get-togethers for that part of my wife's family, but there is always a sense of dread about what sort of conversations might come up and how we might steer the discussion away from the racist crap or the election denialism. MAGA hats abound. I don't think any of them went to Yale.

I
My mother-in-law is from Coffee county and she had 9 brothers and sisters who all live around Douglas.

They are the most racist people I have ever encountered in my life. Some, I presume, are good people (joking, they do lots of good deeds, but somehow don't see racism as a disconnect).

We still go occasionally to get-togethers for that part of my wife's family, but there is always a sense of dread about what sort of conversations might come up and how we might steer the discussion away from the racist crap or the election denialism. MAGA hats abound.

I grew up in rural Ky and have lots of family there. Same.

You have good high school football if I remember correctly.

First of all - millions and millions of people wouldn't wear MAGA gear. We're talking about a smaller subset of people. Yes, there are people who will vote for Trump who would never don that hat or 'let's go brandon' shirt.

At this point in the game, people who literally and figuratively wear that on the sleeve - or head - know exactly what they're doing.
There are just as many people that will vote for Harris expressly because they wrongly think Trump will enact a nationwide abortion ban as there are those that wear MAGA hats that will vote for Trump.

You just aren’t capable of seeing both sides. You only see one in your bubble

Because Trump famously said he thought he could grab women by the pussy because he was famous and women were rightfully worried that a Trump administration/his Supreme Court nominees would limit women’s healthcare rights?

I’m pretty sure that’s it.
Oh, it wasn't to piss off Republicans or to be outrageous?

Give me a break. It's way worse than wearing any MAGA hat.

If there were similar types of connotations and groups that had co-opted that slogan, then yes, I would feel exactly the same way.

As it stands, I don't think I've ever seen a t-shirt, hat, flag or sign with that slogan on it.
The connotations are in your head. You’re holding everyone to a standard that exists mainly in your head.

MAGA is a political slogan. There’s nothing inherently objectionable about it. Same with build back better.

You just don’t like the guy who uses it.

I

I grew up in rural Ky and have lots of family there. Same.

You have good high school football if I remember correctly.
I live in south Fl and only visit GA now and then.

HS football is legendary around here. You could assemble a pretty good NFL hall of Fame just from players from Palm Beach County.
Anquan Bolden
Anthony Carter
Phil Dawson
Devin Hester
Lamar Jackson
Ricky Jackson
Fred Taylor
Andre Waters
Sean White
Vince Wilfork

Then you would double it with another list from Broward County next door

I live in south Fl and only visit GA now and then.

HS football is legendary around here. You could assemble a pretty good NFL hall of Fame just from players from Palm Beach County.
Anquan Bolden
Anthony Carter
Phil Dawson
Devin Hester
Lamar Jackson
Ricky Jackson
Fred Taylor
Andre Waters
Sean White
Vince Wilfork

Then you would double it with another list from Broward County next door

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for three years. I miss s. Florida sometimes. I spend 6 weeks there each year.

Reactions: outside shooter

We still go occasionally to get-togethers for that part of my wife's family, but there is always a sense of dread about what sort of conversations might come up and how we might steer the discussion away from the racist crap or the election denialism. MAGA hats abound. I don't think any of them went to Yale.
Way to show the courage of your convictions and tell them their racism is wrong.

There are just as many people that will vote for Harris expressly because they wrongly think Trump will enact a nationwide abortion ban as there are those that wear MAGA hats that will vote for Trump.

You just aren’t capable of seeing both sides. You only see one in your bubble
One - I don't know how many people believe that vs wear MAGA hats.

Two - those aren't really two sides of the same coin. It's like saying hey I know you and your friends like basketball, but there are just as many people with dogs who eat cauliflower. I THINK you're going for the binary choice thing here, but single issue voting on abortion vs 'MAGA/F your feelings' isn't really an either/or thing.

One - I don't know how many people believe that vs wear MAGA hats.

Two - those aren't really two sides of the same coin. It's like saying hey I know you and your friends like basketball, but there are just as many people with dogs who eat cauliflower. I THINK you're going for the binary choice thing here, but single issue voting on abortion vs 'MAGA/F your feelings' isn't really an either/or thing.
I'll use your favorite Goat phrase here: Is this the hill you want to die on?

You've spent a lot of time whining about MAGA hats. Is it really worth your time, when your side wears pussy hats and wears fake tits at the White House?

Really?

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT