ADVERTISEMENT

MAGA

I guess that’s the disconnect then. Personally, I wouldn’t leave the house wearing something divisive or that would pigeon hole me as something I’m not.

I don’t know, it just strikes me as odd that someone would knowingly wear something in public they think might offend someone and not really give a shit about it.

For what it’s worth, I think most people would rather not be offensive and avoid any potential drama altogether.
Joe and Kamala’s slogan was build back better. Would you feel the same way about wearing a build back better hat?

If not, why?

Reactions: Spartans9312
The Republican Party is not about white power. The MAGA/Trump movement absolutely contains white power as an essential element.
So does the Democrat party contain antisemites and BLM
white haters as an essential element?

There are racists elements within the Democratic Party but it’s far from the entire movement like MAGA IS.

CAVEART: The MAGA movement is also a lot about LGBTQ issues.

Liberal racists are likely few and far between (probably exist but not to a great extent). Most racists switched sides during the Civil Rights movement. That is why the south is predominantly Republican and Northeast is predominantly Democrat. Racists didn't relocate, they switched parties.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
So does the Democrat party contain antisemites and BLM
white haters as an essential element?

I would bet for most people in BLM, it isn't about "white hating" But I guess pretending so in order to make a point is the best you can do.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Liberal racists are likely few and far between (probably exist but not to a great extent). Most racists switched sides during the Civil Rights movement. That is why the south is predominantly Republican and Northeast is predominantly Democrat. Racists didn't relocate, they switched parties.
Lmao cori bush and a significant portion of the blm black Dems are racist as hell. My guess is you are out amongst the hickory trees

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
Joe and Kamala’s slogan was build back better. Would you feel the same way about wearing a build back better hat?

If not, why?
If there were similar types of connotations and groups that had co-opted that slogan, then yes, I would feel exactly the same way.

As it stands, I don't think I've ever seen a t-shirt, hat, flag or sign with that slogan on it.

If there were similar types of connotations and groups that had co-opted that slogan, then yes, I would feel exactly the same way.

As it stands, I don't think I've ever seen a t-shirt, hat, flag or sign with that slogan on it.

Because people see how idiotic MAGA hats look independant of the message.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I did you a favor even if you are too dumb to understand it. You’re welcome.
Oh no no. Your posts have already revealed that you’re dumb. What I’m wondering is if you should seek a mental fitness exam. A wellness check. You’re dumb for sure but is there also something wrong with you?

Reactions: DANC
Oh no no. Your posts have already revealed that you’re dumb. What I’m wondering is if you should seek a mental fitness exam. A wellness check. You’re dumb for sure but is there also something wrong with you?

You make it so hard to keep fighting for you……but I will.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

To my liberal brothers and sister (@Lucy01) there is still plenty of room on the bandwagon. Jump on @IU_Hickory. It’s going to be a great fall.
You forgot the "?", as in what is MAGA? This seems to sum it up pretty succinctly...

So I guess Bobby is endorsing Project 2025? Esp the cuts to medicaid and rural health services...You know, since Bobby's such a crusader for "health"...

This is question diverges wildly from what we're talking about here. Short answer is that it's not impossible, but a lot of stuff currently made in the US is more expensive that stuff made overseas. It's not an easily solvable problem, in my opinion. Corporations make too much money to change and consumers actually don't really care. People still wear Nikes and carry iphones (myself included).
I was piggy backing off the idea that MAGA is talking about a return to Americans producing. It got me thinking about how we don't really make a whole lot like we used to.

It's more about pissing off the people they think are 'elite' or 'liberal' than any of that BS RFK Jr was spouting off.
You finally got something right! And it's working beautifully.

eh...it's a passive aggressive thing. There's little doubt who white supremacists are voting for in November and king MAGA knows he can't piss them off. They're definitely an important part of the MAGA voting block. They're not implicitly spoken about on the campaign trail (at least not publicly), but the MAGA Republicans toe that line .
There will be more illegals voting Democrat than white nationalists voting at all.

No, that's not it.
The racist angle is vapid subterfuge. It detracts from policy and is simply vote pandering. We’ll have 12 years if not 16 of black presidents. The protections in place and the army of lawyers to ensure discrimination doesn’t occur is enormous. Maga etc plays to the sobesters and cosmics and is dumber than shit

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
Lmao cori bush and a significant portion of the blm black Dems are racist as hell. My guess is you are out amongst the hickory trees
Didn't Cori Bush just lose her primary? Maybe it was all that Build Back Better gear she refused to stop wearing.

To my liberal brothers and sister (@Lucy01) there is still plenty of room on the bandwagon. Jump on @IU_Hickory. It’s going to be a great fall.
Well said, just trying to understand why the laughers (you know who you are) laugh at this?? Still trying to figure out why making the country that I love great once again is so wrong?

Some need to check themselves, not underwear or junk status, but their hearts and what they believe/envision. It would do one good to know what you believe and why you believe it. If we could once return to ideals vs viewing everything through a political lense first, we might all end up closer on certain things than we thought.

This was the case when RFK Jr met with Trump. Both have to deal extensively, on a consistent basis, with a large number of people they strongly disagree with, press, regulators, attorneys, etc so to sit down and actually talk these issues out is a breath of fresh air.

Both love the country
Both believe we have a serious border problem
Both believe the surveillance of US Citizens is out of hand
Both believe the censorship of political opponents must end
Both believe the endless wars must be stopped
Etc

I think Cheryl says it well…

I was piggy backing off the idea that MAGA is talking about a return to Americans producing. It got me thinking about how we don't really make a whole lot like we used to.

Generally caused by greed. Cheaper to import than it is to pay wages here.

Didn't Cori Bush just lose her primary? Maybe it was all that Build Back Better gear she refused to stop wearing.
Hell the three largest cities in America have black mayors. Cori bush lost because of Israel. Plain and simple. The Jews. blacks still wanted her

Well, that's not really 'what Democrats think of MAGA.' It's more of what the MAGA cult has co-opted whatever the original intent of the phrase or slogan might've been.

It's arguable that MAGA as it relates to Trump was ever anything type of good or positive message to start. There is no question that it's divisive and combative by nature now.

And I'd also say all partisans don't do this type of thing. Having a Harris/Walz yard sign is worlds different than throwing a MAGA hat. One is supporting a ticket you're voting for. The other is doing the same, but adding in a fair amount of being a dick.
Are you denying you wore a Pussy hat?

I'd say MAGA hats aren't nearly as loony as Pussy hats.

I agree. Brain worms are a serious issue that can impact neurological function, just like getting old can. Do we really want people who aren't dealing with full mental capacity in charge of the country? RFK Jr did the right thing in ending his campaign and should just walk away from politics altogether. Same with Trump.
OMG - and YOU were going to vote for Biden? rotflmfao

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT