ADVERTISEMENT

MacAfee just talked for a bit about Cig and IU...

No. They are not. I agree with that. But, they currently have a better record than the teams we have played in the big ten:

UCLA / Maryland / NW
Combined record: 0-6

Iowa / Wiscy / Rutgers / Minny
Combined B1G record: 4-5
I’m not comparing them to who we have played. Simply saying having them on our schedule wouldn’t do much for it and they’re around on par with Neb, UW, UM.

Whatever. Our schedule isn’t too hard, but the whole conference is down a bit. Doesn’t matter much.

I forgot how sensitive the peeps are in the football board. Never said I wasn’t enjoying it. It’s awesome . My point is that we have a very favorable schedule in a down year in the B1G. It sets us up well. And I would say, historically speaking, playing likely one ranked opponent on the schedule the entire season is historically a “light” schedule. Remove your emotion and defense mechanisms and try and be factual and objective . I do not have the time nor interest in going back and looking, but I welcome anyone to tell me a season where the league schedule was more favorable than the one we are in. This is not taking nothing away from our team and how they are playing. We ware winning and in convincing fashion. We are a very good team. It does not take away from the fact we have yet to play a ranked team all season and likely will only face one the rest of the season.

Well, I am tried of a few on here trying to minimize what this team is doing. It is historic and something that IU has almost never had in over 100 years of football. Why post the kind of drivel in your first post? What is the point?

Not necessarily you but first there were some who question coach and his bravado and said things like, we will see if he can back it up. Then after the first couple of games, it was let's see how they do out at UCLA. One even said that UCLA getting us as their first BT game was a gift for them. After IU kicked their ass, then it was, Maryland. IU kicked their ass too. What was it, like since 1995 since we beat NU at their place? Well, IU put 41 on them. Good grief, Alabama just got beat by Vandy. In general it is not easy to win away from home.

You should have boiled your last post down to
"We ware winning and in convincing fashion. We are a very good team."
Very well put. Enough said, no qualifiers, no if's, no but's, no weak schedule.

Our fanbase is moving the goalposts. Indiana isn't a historical program like an Ohio State or Alabama. Our fanbase seems to find reasons to settle on as to why we're having the success we are...This is AKA minimizing the season's accomplishments.

I don't buy that for one second because Indiana never won much to begin with. A season where they double or triple their normal win total, should not be poo-pooed, particularly by its own fanbase. Many Indiana fans belittled the 2020 season because of Corona Virus....

Cignetti has this program humming. Fans need to come out and actually support him and the team instead of concocting reasons why you don't think they're any good.

Last edited:
Alabama just lost to a .500 team that got beat by Georgia State. 5-1 Duke had to go to overtime to beat Northwestern. Big bad USC lost to 2-3 Minnesota.

Stop shitting on IU’s schedule. They have won every game by at least two touchdowns and are one of THREE teams in the country that have never trailed.

Alabama just lost to a .500 team that got beat by Georgia State. 5-1 Duke had to go to overtime to beat Northwestern.

Stop shitting on IU’s schedule. They have won every game by at least two touchdowns and are one of THREE teams in the country that have never trailed.
I agree; the manner in which Indiana has shelled these teams tells the true story, IMO.

I forgot how sensitive the peeps are in the football board. Never said I wasn’t enjoying it. It’s awesome . My point is that we have a very favorable schedule in a down year in the B1G. It sets us up well. And I would say, historically speaking, playing likely one ranked opponent on the schedule the entire season is historically a “light” schedule. Remove your emotion and defense mechanisms and try and be factual and objective . I do not have the time nor interest in going back and looking, but I welcome anyone to tell me a season where the league schedule was more favorable than the one we are in. This is not taking nothing away from our team and how they are playing. We ware winning and in convincing fashion. We are a very good team. It does not take away from the fact we have yet to play a ranked team all season and likely will only face one the rest of the season.
Here's objective and factual, big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT