ADVERTISEMENT

MacAfee just talked for a bit about Cig and IU...

As lucky as Indiana is to have Coach Cignetti, he's not a home run hire for Florida. He's not even a double. Lane Kiffin or Dan Lanning are home run hires and candidates they will almost assuredly throw the farm at. From there, they'd be looking at guys like Eli Drinkwitz, James Franklin, or Jedd Fisch. Florida needs a coach who can recruit toe to toe with the likes of Georgia and Alabama. Way too many high end FL prospects going anywhere but Gainesville.
I probably shouldn't have used the word homerun when talking about CCC, but he is a guy that can turn things around quickly as we have witnessed and that is what the Gators would desperately want. When I included Florida in my post it was only to say that they were likely to be the first major program to dump a coach this season. I didn't necessary mean that they would be in the hunt for CCC, but my post kind of morphed into they would be interested in CCC.

While many thought Florida's hire of Billy Napier was a great hire, he hardly fell into the category of a homerun hire, so Florida does go for coaches like that. But who knows what they are thinking right now, and they haven't dumped Napier yet. Lose on the road to Mississippi State this Saturday, and the Gator hierarchy may not even wait for Sunday to fire Napier. Mississippi State just got steamrolled by Toledo at home, 41-17.

The hype is building. I guess no matter what happens, I love it. But the more guys like MacAfee "glaze" him, to use lingo from my teenagers...The more likely him getting plucked sooner rather than later.

Also...if you watch the clip...look at AJ Hawk's smug typical Ohio State smirk. God I'd love for nothing more than IU to go in and ruin their season later in the year. Like quite a lot more than winning the bucket even.
I believe McAfee was the guy who was pissed off Wilson on the Dakich show

Nice to know he is focusing on the present instead of our record from 1901 … like too many other media.

Your insufferable….

So, your link doesn't say what you claimed it said.

It doesn't show him saying while at JMU that he wasn't leaving or it was his last job.

It shows him after leaving that he hadn't expected to. Completely different.

All this is assuming he keeps winning... so there's that.

But winning at IU, in the B10...quite obviously ups the ante. And the only reason he had Cig on his show last year is because Gameday went to JMU. After they lost that game, not sure he mentioned him after that.

This was something MacAfee made a point of bringing up, mid week, after week 3.

You're not a "big idea" guy, I get it. But if he wins "big" this year at IU, he'll have big schools coming after him. And there's really no reason for any of us to assume he'd stay at IU, when any number of better football schools could offer him similar opportunities, with better tradition, more resources, more loyal fans, etc...

And if he becomes a focus of MacAfee Show's constant admiration and attention, that'll only make him more marketable to bigger schools.

I said if he wins at UCLA, watch for national media to start pumping him up. MacAfee is a sign that will start happening.

I hope Dolson takes the impending threat much more seriously than you are.
Lets find out what Cig's wife thinks.

Reactions: vesuvius13
If he wins here consistently, and fans starting showing up and staying in the stadium - I'd guess it will come down to whether IU will/can pony up enough to keep his assistants happy. They all came with him so they might prefer sticking together as long as they aren't turning down too much.

If he wins here consistently, and fans starting showing up and staying in the stadium - I'd guess it will come down to whether IU will/can pony up enough to keep his assistants happy. They all came with him so they might prefer sticking together as long as they aren't turning down too much.
The DC is making over $1 million/year and if certain achievements are met, Cig gets an additional $500k to distribute among his assistants.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT