ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Brown...

You wish and you sure think highly of yourself. Who’s they? Lots of people have taken a pass on Luke. Like 99% of D1 programs. Good luck at Ball state or NAIA. Good grief…wait a minute? Is Luke Charlie Browns relative? It all makes sense now.

Not really sure what your point is. The reality is even the best players only get offers from 10% of schools. TJD had 22 offers. Based on your logic, he must not be very good because 94% of the D1 schools didn't offer him.

Luke Brown had 15 D1 offers.

Not really sure what your point is. The reality is even the best players only get offers from 10% of schools. TJD had 22 offers. Based on your logic, he must not be very good because 94% of the D1 schools didn't offer him.

No they don’t. Most high majors get way more offers. They may not accept them all. Brown got very few. It’s nut hangers like you that look for justification. The kid is good but every negative brought up in these posts are true. He did run from competition. He isn’t high major prospect for multiple reasons. No stat or opinion you bring up changes that fact.

If there are 347 D1 schools, TJD had offers from at least 337 of them.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
No they don’t. Most high majors get way more offers. They may not accept them all. Brown got very few. It’s nut hangers like you that look for justification. The kid is good but every negative brought up in these posts are true. He did run from competition. He isn’t high major prospect for multiple reasons. No stat or opinion you bring up changes that fact.
He’s not good enough to play in a high major conference, pretty simple. Indiana people want to romanticize his ability the same way they did with Steve Alford relative to the NBA. People were devastated when the Pacers drafted #31 over Alford. This same crowd thinks Luke Brown should be at IU.

If there are 347 D1 schools, TJD had offers from at least 337 of them.
No he didn’t. 337 schools may have taken a commitment from him, but he only had 22 official offers.

Most schools won’t waste time offering someone they know isn’t going there (ex. All Low D1 schools).

Reactions: minneman
No he didn’t. 337 schools may have taken a commitment from him, but he only had 22 official offers.

Most schools won’t waste time offering someone they know isn’t going there (ex. All Low D1 schools).
Semantics, don’t be silly. Luke Brown had 15 options (probably way less in reality), TJD had 337.

What the hell are you guys even talking about?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Ha, IU would have to ask him which will never happen. You think they want to hear from clowns like you as to why this scrub (relatively speaking) isn’t getting precious minutes from 2-3 legit guys who could end up transferring?
Why call him a scrub? I seriously don't think Luke would end up at IU. I think he will get a schollie someplace else. My hope is he gets to Ball State. It's not far from his home.

Why call him a scrub? I seriously don't think Luke would end up at IU. I think he will get a schollie someplace else. My hope is he gets to Ball State. It's not far from his home.
Solely to upset you. Do you know what “relatively speaking” means? Doubt it

He’s not good enough to play in a high major conference, pretty simple. Indiana people want to romanticize his ability the same way they did with Steve Alford relative to the NBA. People were devastated when the Pacers drafted #31 over Alford. This same crowd thinks Luke Brown should be at IU.
The videos of angry backward Hoosiers was embarrassing. Old bittys crying with perfectly curled hair was just insane. Strange folks.

Why do you assume I am a stupid person? What's wrong with you? You slam a kid who has done a lot of good things, and a man you don't even know? What makes you so smart? You should change your name to VidSmartyPants.
He doesn’t like him because of the color of his skin!

A bit unfair to give TJD offers from all schools and assume everyone that would have taken Brown had officially offered.

Recruits are at the mercy of being seen/found by a college recruiter. There are thousands of kids playing basketball and unless you luck out and make it onto a top 100 list, you will be fighting to get attention from recruiters.

If Luke and TJD both had the attention of every single school and every single school thought they had a chance then both would have had more offers than they ended up with. TJD's list just would have more of the top programs on it.

You're in my wheelhouse here, and when you say "they may not accept them all" you flash a lot of ignorance. They only accept one...or one at a time. There is no process of accepting that an offer is made. An offer is made, it's noted, and every time they acknowledge it, especially in the age of social media. There is no such thing as bad publicity when it comes to scholarship offers. So if you're trying to tell me a D1 school offered a big time kid and he rejected it on the spot, I would expect you to produce specifics, because in 30 years I've never known it to happen.

Brown isn't a HM prospect in my evaluation, but as noted, when you level it out as he's not that good because 99% of the D1's didn't offer him, you don't grasp reality of what defines as good. First of all, your math sucks. Further, most HM players don't get way more offers. They might get double, but the reality is most programs do have a process in place for making offers.

Jadon Bradley, ESPN's 8th best prospect in the class of 2022. He is the top player who isn't committed or hasn't narrowed down to a list. He has 25 offers. Two more than what TJD had. Could he get more? Likely, but so could've Luke Brown. Are Bradley's offers from bigger schools? Yes.

However, at 25 offers, that means 93.3% of D1 schools haven't offered him. According to you, that means he isn't very good.

You're in my wheelhouse here, and when you say "they may not accept them all" you flash a lot of ignorance. They only accept one...or one at a time. There is no process of accepting that an offer is made. An offer is made, it's noted, and every time they acknowledge it, especially in the age of social media. There is no such thing as bad publicity when it comes to scholarship offers. So if you're trying to tell me a D1 school offered a big time kid and he rejected it on the spot, I would expect you to produce specifics, because in 30 years I've never known it to happen.

Brown isn't a HM prospect in my evaluation, but as noted, when you level it out as he's not that good because 99% of the D1's didn't offer him, you don't grasp reality of what defines as good. First of all, your math sucks. Further, most HM players don't get way more offers. They might get double, but the reality is most programs do have a process in place for making offers.

Jadon Bradley, ESPN's 8th best prospect in the class of 2022. He is the top player who isn't committed or hasn't narrowed down to a list. He has 25 offers. Two more than what TJD had. Could he get more? Likely, but so could've Luke Brown. Are Bradley's offers from bigger schools? Yes.

However, at 25 offers, that means 93.3% of D1 schools haven't offered him. According to you, that means he isn't very good.
You are spending way to much time evaluating this. You guys love to argue for Brown when there really isn’t an argument at all.

Semantics, don’t be silly. Luke Brown had 15 options (probably way less in reality), TJD had 337.

What the hell are you guys even talking about?

I spoke with every coaching staff that offered Brown except Iona. Some I speak to on a regular basis, but each one but one at some point called me.

Semantics it's not.

I spoke with every coaching staff that offered Brown except Iona. Some I speak to on a regular basis, but each one but one at some point called me.

Semantics it's not.
There it is….. you are close to him. Advocate.

You are spending way to much time evaluating this. You guys love to argue for Brown when there really isn’t an argument at all.

LOL

Yo, @Lucy01, in your experience do I argue for Brown?

I've said all along, Brown was a MM talent. I've debated and disagreed with those who said he was a HM talent. I've disagreed with those who think he isn't a D1 talent at all. The latter isn't even a debate. People suggesting that are just ignorant.

You said 99% of D1 schools didn't want him. You're wrong.

LOL

I've said all along, Brown was a MM talent. I've debated and disagreed with those who said he was a HM talent. I've disagreed with those who think he isn't a D1 talent at all. The latter isn't even a debate. People suggesting that are just ignorant.

Good lord. 🤦🏻 Now I see why people leave this site with Mods like you. It figures with you being a Lucy cohort. Later.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
LOL

No

A bit unfair to give TJD offers from all schools and assume everyone that would have taken Brown had officially offered.

Recruits are at the mercy of being seen/found by a college recruiter. There are thousands of kids playing basketball and unless you luck out and make it onto a top 100 list, you will be fighting to get attention from recruiters.

If Luke and TJD both had the attention of every single school and every single school thought they had a chance then both would have had more offers than they ended up with. TJD's list just would have more of the top programs on it.
View of TJD’s foot if he gave Stetson or 337+ other D1 schools any remote indication he was interested in their school:
tumblr_nz0hy9oVly1u2ragso8_500.gifv

View of TJD’s foot if he gave Stetson or 337+ other D1 schools any remote indication he was interested in their school:
tumblr_nz0hy9oVly1u2ragso8_500.gifv

Well sure, but it doesn't change the facts. There are also a lot of LM D1 schools who didn't offer Brown because of the number of MM offers he had.

We can play this game all day.

Hey Bloom - remember BNC?

Yes.

Good move ..But I've got two alumni in my family...
I could see him scoreing a bunch in the MAC his Jr/ Sr year..
Possibly out of the gate...I'll stand by he could play in the Big..

Good move ..But I've got two alumni in my family...
I could see him scoreing a bunch in the MAC his Jr/ Sr year..
Possibly out of the gate...I'll stand by he could play in the Big..
If he can't play in the B1G then at least you were hoping he could. At least you aren't demonizing a kid like others in this thread. You'd think Luke stole their car or left their daughter at the altar. I hope the best for Luke. He seems like a good kid, is a Hoosier and gets to play in his home state. What is not to love?

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT