ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cig #43 coach in Power Four

I have no idea how they can rank all the coaches, I get this just generates debate/clicks, and that’s fine.

Cig is ahead of Moore at UM!
You don’t think ranking coaches is an absolute science? Consider this painful memory : 2020 Tom Allen was the national coach of the year winning six out of seven conference games. In 2021 the Hoosiers were a preseason top 20 team and lost every conference game going 0-9. Before being fired and paid $10 million to go away, Tom Allen followed that coach of the year season with three conference wins and 24 conference losses.

Now the Hoosiers have a completely untested coach when it comes to playing real big-time football. And many are excited that he’s going to take the Hoosiers to a bowl game this year on the backs of his ex James Madison players. 13 bowl games in 125 years. Three bowl game victories in 125 years. This will be the season the Hoosiers reverse three years of total failure.

But now the coaches get to pay their players (please do not say this isn’t true). I will be as enthusiastic for opening game next season as I was when the Hoosiers were curb-stomped by Iowa in 2021. I just don’t know what to think anymore.

Last edited:
You don’t think ranking coaches is an absolute science? Consider this painful memory : 2020 Tom Allen was the national coach of the year winning six out of seven conference games. In 2021 the Hoosiers were a preseason top 20 team and lost every conference game going 0-9. Before being fired and paid $10 million to go away, Tom Allen followed that coach of the year season with three conference wins and 24 conference losses.

Now the Hoosiers have a completely untested coach when it comes to playing real big-time football. And many are excited that he’s going to take the Hoosiers to a bowl game this year on the backs of his ex James Madison players. 13 bowl games in 125 years. Three bowl game victories in 125 years. This will be the season the Hoosiers reverse three years of total failure.

But now the coaches get to pay their players (please do not say this isn’t true). I will be as enthusiastic for opening game next season as I was when the Hoosiers were curb-stomped by Iowa in 2021. I just don’t know what to think anymore.
a lot of program momentum is what can you sell recruits. The unknown of a new coaching staff is arguably better than trying sell them with a staff on the hot seat.

Anyway, baseless optimism is all IU football fans have at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT