ADVERTISEMENT

Looking back at the rumors

Garry Owen

Redshirt
Sep 24, 2001
Yesterday afternoon, I called my father and had resigned myself to the fact that there would be another year of the Crean era. During the call, my 75 year old stepmother was in the background telling Dad to tell me that Tom was gone. I scoffed at the comment and told dad that wasn't in the cards.

Today, I called back. Linda answered and I asked her why she had said that. She had been at the physical therapist yesterday for work on her recently repaired knee and the tech told her that Crean had told the team the GT game would be his last. This was at a well respected orthopedic facility in Indianapolis.

I only bring this up because of all the back and forth that has occurred over the last week on this board about sources and rumors. At the end of a giant period of speculation, it turns out that the person that broke the news to me was someone only interested because I'm, as is my brother and my daughter, are IU grads. That and she has to attend family events planned around IU games.

It's funny how things come to light. I thought I would share this!

Go Hoosiers

Yesterday afternoon, I called my father and had resigned myself to the fact that there would be another year of the Crean era. During the call, my 75 year old stepmother was in the background telling Dad to tell me that Tom was gone. I scoffed at the comment and told dad that wasn't in the cards.

Today, I called back. Linda answered and I asked her why she had said that. She had been at the physical therapist yesterday for work on her recently repaired knee and the tech told her that Crean had told the team the GT game would be his last. This was at a well respected orthopedic facility in Indianapolis.

I only bring this up because of all the back and forth that has occurred over the last week on this board about sources and rumors. At the end of a giant period of speculation, it turns out that the person that broke the news to me was someone only interested because I'm, as is my brother and my daughter, are IU grads. That and she has to attend family events planned around IU games.

It's funny how things come to light. I thought I would share this!

Go Hoosiers
Great story. Also interesting that TC knew. Did he tell the team before or after the game?

According to the glass presser, he didn't tell crean til that morning. Something is not adding up, unless crean just felt it was his last game.

Players new he was fine before the game or at least didn't feel like he would be back.

According to the glass presser, he didn't tell crean til that morning. Something is not adding up, unless crean just felt it was his last game.
stop reading and start looking.....the table was set before Crean picked up the menu....and that was a good thing....the less necessary talk, the better. This was difficult for all concerned...words were only necessary up to a point.

No. Not a done deal at all. But the interest in real. From both sides. He has some very influential people lobbying for him.
this mistake would be one too many for a large contingent of "longstanding and current" IU faithful....

No. Not a done deal at all. But the interest in real. From both sides. He has some very influential people lobbying for him.

Won't be Alford. Anything from the IU side is pure smokescreen. Should be Donovan.

More speculation. Just like the firing, we will all find out the day it is announced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT