ADVERTISEMENT

Can we all agree

And while WVU’s only 2-2 currently, they’re coming off a 9-4 season in 2023, so I’d assume that Neal Brown is safe, at least for now.

I guess the Arky job might open up, but Cig doesn’t strike me as an SEC sort of guy. More of a northeastern-midwestern kinda guy.
The 3 that are most certain to open up is Auburn,Florida State and Florida or at least 2 of the 3.
I can’t see IU getting in a bidding war with any of those 3,if they did they would most likely lose.

The 3 that are most certain to open up is Auburn,Florida State and Florida or at least 2 of the 3.
I can’t see IU getting in a bidding war with any of those 3,if they did they would most likely lose.
I’d still be surprised if FSU got rid of Norvell a year after they went 12-0, but I think Napier’s done, and so is Aranda at Baylor. I don’t know about Auburn (at times Freeze almost sounds like he WANTS to be fired) but I assume Cig might not be a “big enough” name for them (which imo would be foolish on their part). And I’m not sure how much appeal that job might have to Cig (I suspect his friend Nick Saban might advise him against taking it).

IIRC Cig’s buyout is $8 million and drops to $6 million on Dec 1st. But I believe his contract includes the same “automatic extension” clause in it that Wilson and Allen had in their contracts, which I guess means that if IU beats Northwestern then Cig’s 6-year contract becomes a 7-year contract that would take him to age 69 in theory. I don’t know what if any effect the auto-extension might have on the buyout.

I believe a win vs Northwestern and resulting bowl bid would also obligate IU to give Cig’s assistants an additional $500,000.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT