ADVERTISEMENT

Long form profile on Xavier “checked out” Johnson

Good read

Certainly doesn’t sound like someone who was ever checked out over the last year and a half.
Nice work by Seth Tow on this. Last season was the first time he had experienced being away from action and then to have it happen again. You think about Maurice Creek or Robbie Hummel.

Someone here was saying X was checked out but it sure doesn’t look that way.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
How quickly you forget: Romeo!
Talk about polar opposite. Given gifts from god to play this awesome sport, but less passion than people posting on an Internet forum. Sad.

I mean I say some crazy ass shit, but EVERYONE called me a hater when i said he would be out of the league within 5 years.

Nailed it!! All starts with work ethic in every aspect of life. Romeos was dogshit.

I wish people would get off of his ass. He's not a perfect player or person but nobody is. It's not his fault that his coaches haven't found him any help.
I agree with that sentiment and also, I just take issue with people calling into question a kid's desire or character without having any definitive reason to do so. No inside knowledge. No personal contact. It bugs me.

I wish people would get off of his ass. He's not a perfect player or person but nobody is. It's not his fault that his coaches haven't found him any help.
That last sentence is the real deal. I’d imagine a healthy X can get away with damn near anything he wants in practice. We literally don’t have a single guard on campus who can stay in front of him. The games have to be a shell-shock situation when defenses not only slow him down, but have a plan for pushing him one way or the other into trouble.

I agree with that sentiment and also, I just take issue with people calling into question a kid's desire or character without having any definitive reason to do so. No inside knowledge. No personal contact. It bugs me.
I mean you shouldn’t believe them, especially when I blatantly say it is not true, and I am the only one on this board that talks with him regularly.

I'm not sure what help the coaches could be expected to provide that would deter a 100+ mph flight from the cops or attempting to get a tie up by reaching up through guy's legs from behind.

But, he did recover from the Nebraska disaster, so that's great. I'm glad, and I'm not being sarcastic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT