ADVERTISEMENT

Liz Cheney: CANCELED

Kevin McCarthy issued a statement that said.....

'these internal conflicts need to be resolved...it's clear we need to make a change.'

Then later in the statement said....

'Unlike the left, we embrace free thought and debate'.

Wut da phuck?

This cancel culture is really getting out of hand!
Interestingly, one of the other Republican Representatives currently on Trump's hit list is Anthony Gonzalez, a Rep. from Ohio who once played for the Indianapolis Colts.

I repeated on these boards (and elsewhere) ad nauseam since Trump came on the scene in 2015, that his nomination....and later election.... would destroy the Republican party.

I advocated voting for Hillary, a repugnant choice, in an effort to keep the party from completely fracturing, and the historical conservative tent collapsing. I repeatedly said that a Trump election would guarantee a significantly leftward shift in US politics.

The so-called conservatives that populated this board mocked, dismissed or ignored such commentary.

Most from those days have run like rats into the sewer, away from this board and any defense of their 2016 position.... and the only ones that remain became orange-tinted shells of their former selves..... showing all along they were just partisan hackers, rather than well thought-out individuals.

The latest situation with Cheney shows the ongoing rot and total dysfunction of the modern day Trump party. Likely to be lost in the woods for years to come.

I repeated on these boards (and elsewhere) ad nauseam since Trump came on the scene in 2015, that his nomination....and later election.... would destroy the Republican party.

I advocated voting for Hillary, a repugnant choice, in an effort to keep the party from completely fracturing, and the historical conservative tent collapsing. I repeatedly said that a Trump election would guarantee a significantly leftward shift in US politics.

The so-called conservatives that populated this board mocked, dismissed or ignored such commentary.

Most from those days have run like rats into the sewer, away from this board and any defense of their 2016 position.... and the only ones that remain became orange-tinted shells of their former selves..... showing all along they were just partisan hackers, rather than well thought-out individuals.

The latest situation with Cheney shows the ongoing rot and total dysfunction of the modern day Trump party. Likely to be lost in the woods for years to come.
You should read the Politico piece I linked under the Cheney has big balls thread.

What do you mean, on going rot? Trump picked up 12 million more votes than in 2016.

You should read the Politico piece I linked under the Cheney has big balls thread.

Yeah I read it. I'm fully aware that Trump now dominates and controls the shell that was the Republican party.

How did that manage to work? This is a party that lost Senate elections in GA (x2) and fkn Alabama.

Yeah I read it. I'm fully aware that Trump now dominates and controls the shell that was the Republican party.

How did that manage to work? This is a party that lost Senate elections in GA (x2) and fkn Alabama.
The Trump base is a wide one. There are non college whites in every state. In many states, that base will win a statewide election. I think this is just a math calculation by the GOP.

Kevin McCarthy issued a statement that said.....

'these internal conflicts need to be resolved...it's clear we need to make a change.'

Then later in the statement said....

'Unlike the left, we embrace free thought and debate'.

Wut da phuck?
We can count the members of congress that currently tolerate...let alone embrace free thought and debate on one hand.

The Trump base is a wide one. There are non college whites in every state. In many states, that base will win a statewide election. I think this is just a math calculation by the GOP.

A plurality doesn't make a majority..... threading the needle each time is very tough. The EC map isn't forgiving to Republicans. They've basically dismissed many of the former battleground states of twenty years ago.... picking up only Missouri and making PA competitive.

A plurality doesn't make a majority..... threading the needle each time is very tough. The EC map isn't forgiving to Republicans. They've basically dismissed many of the former battleground states of twenty years ago.... picking up only Missouri and making PA competitive.
The GOP has locked in OH and FLA though. Threading the needle is getting 7M more votes and squeaking out an EC win. I think the GOP has built in advantages at all levels in federal elections.

The GOP has locked in OH and FLA though. Threading the needle is getting 7M more votes and squeaking out an EC win. I think the GOP has built in advantages at all levels in federal elections.

They certainly have all the advantages.... all the more reason to point out how pathetic they have been, managing to lose all three elected levers of power. That takes an incredible amount of pooch screwing.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
This predates the Cheeto in Chief. The most recent example of the R's squashing dissent was during the Obama administration.

See Justin Amash, Tim Huelskamp, and David Schweikert re: John Boehner and his tan.

Bingo! In 2008, Liz Cheney would have been about as right wing as you got in the GOP. What they've turned to now is appalling. I actually can't believe I'm witnessing it.

Myles Taylor (IU Grad), who wrote the anonymous NY Times Op-Ed, is attempting to start a 3rd party.

You are absolutely right!
He would've gotten a lot more if Chinese did not send bamboo soldiers to erase some votes!
Finally you posted something truthful, Whats next, Are going to post we don’t have to wear masks anymore?

They held the same vote on Cheney 2 months ago and she held her spot overwhelmingly. They knew her stance on Trump and Jan 6th then same as they do now.

What changed in the last two months other than her going on a media tour to hold a public fight with the orange man?

Oh, that’s it I guess. Turns out fracturing the caucus with your crusade against the ex-pouts isn’t what Pubs are looking for in house leadership.

They held the same vote on Cheney 2 months ago and she held her spot overwhelmingly. They knew her stance on Trump and Jan 6th then same as they do now.

What changed in the last two months other than her going on a media tour to hold a public fight with the orange man?

Oh, that’s it I guess. Turns out fracturing the caucus with your crusade against the ex-pouts isn’t what Pubs are looking for in house leadership.
As a political observer I'm intrigued because there is a game that Liz is playing, same as Sasse.

The hacks I listen to (one dem, David Axelrod and one pub, Mike Murphy) said there was some really bad internal polling on the Trump effect that is being stifled and my hacks believe that Liz wanted to be kicked out to give her more leverage to take the party back from the Trumpsters.

As Murphy said, politicians play to win. There's no way Liz would make a crusade out of this, I mean hell she backed the birther movement, if she didn't sense weakness and an opportunity because if Trump really delivered for the party, she'd be all in.

Time will tell.

Reactions: larsIU and DrHoops

Well, she MAY be doing that because:

“Republicans have their own version of reality,” John Geer, a public opinion expert at Vanderbilt University, told Reuters. “It is a huge problem. Democracy requires accountability and accountability requires evidence.”

As a political observer I'm intrigued because there is a game that Liz is playing, same as Sasse.

The hacks I listen to (one dem, David Axelrod and one pub, Mike Murphy) said there was some really bad internal polling on the Trump effect that is being stifled and my hacks believe that Liz wanted to be kicked out to give her more leverage to take the party back from the Trumpsters.

As Murphy said, politicians play to win. There's no way Liz would make a crusade out of this, I mean hell she backed the birther movement, if she didn't sense weakness and an opportunity because if Trump really delivered for the party, she'd be all in.

Time will tell.
Interesting take. I don't think Republicans win as the Trump party in 2022 or 2024. But I'm not sure Cheney's course is the best way to shrink his influence. I think time is the R's best ally in moving the party away from Trump, not provocation and instigation.

Interesting take. I don't think Republicans win as the Trump party in 2022 or 2024. But I'm not sure Cheney's course is the best way to shrink his influence. I think time is the R's best ally in moving the party away from Trump, not provocation and instigation.
Spot on. Trump will fade with the benefit of time passing. In-fighting is stupid and unproductive. Let other narcissistic republicans organically emerge - DeSantis etc. Cheney isn’t helping the party

Spot on. Trump will fade with the benefit of time passing. In-fighting is stupid and unproductive. Let other narcissistic republicans organically emerge - DeSantis etc.

As a lib tard, I hope not.

I like him to linger like a nasty fart at a beauty pageant.

I'm more concerned about common sense Republicans (because democrats have our extreme as you know) and if Trump falls off, a whole bunch of the crazy probably goes.

I do believe/hope that Trump will be seen as an embarrassment. I'd rather Dems be the one to defeat 'Trumpism' than common sense Republicans taking care of their house.

Strickly from a political gamesmanship standpoint.

Time will tell.
Bottom line, in 2017 when Trump took office the pubs had the House, Senate, and WH. Four years later they have nothing. Why they want to keep him as the leader of the party makes no sense.

This is all about the number of votes he got in 2020, when realistically just about any Republican candidate would’ve gotten those 75 million votes, in the biggest voter turnout in history. Do they actually think Biden would’ve won by 10-15 points against someone else? It was going to be within 5%, regardless.

Reactions: TommyCracker
He thinks all republicans wear kkk masks
That's just not true not all Republicans are KKK, but all KKK are Republican. Or at least the new, dumber, mentally unstable conspiracy-addled version of Republican.

It's just like Incels, not all Pubs are incels, some make enough money to buy love.

Reactions: Please Be Kind
Bottom line, in 2017 when Trump took office the pubs had the House, Senate, and WH. Four years later they have nothing. Why they want to keep him as the leader of the party makes no sense.

This is all about the number of votes he got in 2020, when realistically just about any Republican candidate would’ve gotten those 75 million votes, in the biggest voter turnout in history. Do they actually think Biden would’ve won by 10-15 points against someone else? It was going to be within 5%, regardless.
As a lib tard, I hope not.

I like him to linger like a nasty fart at a beauty pageant.

I'm more concerned about common sense Republicans (because democrats have our extreme as you know) and if Trump falls off, a whole bunch of the crazy probably goes.

I do believe/hope that Trump will be seen as an embarrassment. I'd rather Dems be the one to defeat 'Trumpism' than common sense Republicans taking care of their house.

Strickly from a political gamesmanship standpoint.
[/QUOT
I don't believe that anymore harry. i think the dynamic is completely different now amongst constituents and a vanilla romney type has zero chance. any of the old guard conservatives forget it. i've watched countless documentaries of working class people talk about how they feel like trump is the first politician to really "get them." i have no idea why they think that given his privileged NY upbringing but many do. trump will fade of his own volition but the party needs someone to step up that's not an old guard type.

if people are employed and we aren't in a war and gas is cheap the repubs at the federal level will need every single vote possible to win the presidency and that'll require someone that will excite and galvanize a shit ton of people who'd otherwise stay home

That's just not true not all Republicans are KKK, but all KKK are Republican. Or at least the new, dumber, mentally unstable conspiracy-addled version of Republican.

It's just like Incels, not all Pubs are incels, some make enough money to buy love.
Go away. Get therapy.

Reactions: All4You
I don't believe that anymore harry. i think the dynamic is completely different now amongst constituents and a vanilla romney type has zero chance. any of the old guard conservatives forget it. i've watched countless documentaries of working class people talk about how they feel like trump is the first politician to really "get them." i have no idea why they think that given his privileged NY upbringing but many do. trump will fade of his own volition but the party needs someone to step up that's not an old guard type.

if people are employed and we aren't in a war and gas is cheap the repubs at the federal level will need every single vote possible to win the presidency and that'll require someone that will excite and galvanize a shit ton of people who'd otherwise stay home

You're (as in the party) is trying to pivot to the working class....which I get but it's odd because you've historically have been the party against the working class.

So far it seems empty. Case in point there is a real union battle going on within Amazon and not one mainline pub like Cruz has made a peep about it.

So to me is fake politics on the right.

This is Bernie's space and I think it's hard to make him a supervillan boogeyman and say you are the working class party.

As we know, people are easily fooled so it will probably work.

You're (as in the party) is trying to pivot to the working class....which I get but it's odd because you've historically have been the party against the working class.

So far it seems empty. Case in point there is a real union battle going on within Amazon and not one mainline pub like Cruz has made a peep about it.

So to me is fake politics on the right.

This is Bernie's space and I think it's hard to make him a supervillan boogeyman and say you are the working class party.

As we know, people are easily fooled so it will probably work.
it's an identification with trump not the party - and i too don't get it

Reactions: TommyCracker

Sounds like you speak from experience.

I think DeSantis ends up taking that mantle and Trump thows in behind him in 2024, getting to be a kingmaker. Knowing Trump, he'll drag it out a long while, teasing that he'll run again.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I think DeSantis ends up taking that mantle and Trump thows in behind him in 2024, getting to be a kingmaker. Knowing Trump, he'll drag it out a long while, teasing that he'll run again.
That’s my hope - but DeSantis gives me pause as he seems to have a bit of crazy in him too. So here’s a wild one floating around. NY indicts trump over state charges and DeSantis refuses extradition - permissible under Fla law. Now this is conspiracy stuff and a ton of ifs but again DeSantis seems the type that could embroil himself in silly extracurricular stuff and torpedo himself. I don’t know of any other candidate as otherwise viable as DeSantis to take the throne as you say, but....

Time will tell and maybe we can all wager a beer on how it all shakes out. I do think there is reason to believe Trumpism isn’t the same without Trump. It is a cult of personality. No doubt.

Time will tell and maybe we can all wager a beer on how it all shakes out. I do think there is reason to believe Trumpism isn’t the same without Trump. It is a cult of personality. No doubt.
You’re clueless!

So Stefanik won the position over Roy. How long until some on here who blast such things blast that one major drawing card for Stefanik is that she is a she? I know that thinking bothers many Republicans, but the GOP was worried about replacing their one non-White male leader with a White male.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT