ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Stop The Charade....

Mas-sa-suta

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2003
Let's stop calling them 'Public' schools..

They're not accountable to the Public, especially parents.

They're not open to the public.

They ARE run by Government.
They ARE regulated by the Government.
They ARE funded by the Government.
They are compelled by the Government.

Let's start calling them what they are ,
Government Schools

Government Schools
My kids’ public school is excellent. Zero complaints. But then again I’m an involved parent so who knows

Government Schools

Yes, because parents should be able to tell the schools what to teach everyone's kids. You know, I really want that right wing nutbag at the end of the street to determine what my kids learn.

Why are you so afraid of kids being taught the truth? Do we really need to brainwash them into thinking Columbus discovered America (even though people were already living here) or that pilgrims and Indians had some glorious meal together and sang kumbaya and ignore the whole trail of tears?

Parents are not some unanimous force that will all agree on a lesson plan so how reasonable is it to expect teachers to have multiple lesson plans to cater to parents who want their kids to learn some alternative reality? You want to pay more taxes to pay for more teachers so that your kid can learn only the stuff you want them to learn?

I'm sure you can find yourself a private school or if you really want them to be your little brainwashed kid then homeschool them.

Last edited:
My kids’ public school is excellent. Zero complaints. But then again I’m an involved parent so who knows
The OP was about who runs them - not the quality.

Of course, you realize the quality of government-run schools varies greatly.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Yes, because parents should be able to tell the schools what to teach everyone's kids. You know, I really want that right wing nutbag at the end of the street to determine what my kids learn.

Why are you so afraid of kids being taught the truth? Do we really need to brainwash them into thinking Columbus discovered America (even though people were already living here) or that pilgrims and Indians had some glorious meal together and sang kumbaya and ignore the whole trail of tears?

Parents are not some unanimous force that will all agree on a lesson plan so how reasonable is it to expect teachers to have multiple lesson plans to cater to parents who want their kids to learn some alternative reality? You want to pay more taxes to pay for more teachers so that your kid can learn only the stuff you want them to learn?

I'm sure you can find yourself a private school or if you really want them to be your little brainwashed kid then homeschool them.
You are the reason people don't want the government teaching their kids.

Government Schools

You should run for a position on your local school board.

Your continued insistence that there are only nutbags on the right is evidence #5672 why nobody takes you seriously.

the quality of government-run schools varies greatly.

So does the quality of gas stations. What's the point here?

There are school board meetings which give parents a voice and, to Ranger's point, if you're involved with your kid and checking what they are being assigned it's not hard to ask questions.

Government Schools
Indoctrination centers alot of them. So glad I can afford private school.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
So does the quality of gas stations. What's the point here?

There are school board meetings which give parents a voice and, to Ranger's point, if you're involved with your kid and checking what they are being assigned it's not hard to ask questions.
What's the point?

Ranger says he's happy with his kids' school. That's fine. I just pointed out that not everyone is happy and that quality varies.

They aren't gas stations. I'm shocked you'd use that analogy.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
What's the point?

Ranger says he's happy with his kids' school. That's fine. I just pointed out that not everyone is happy and that quality varies.

They aren't gas stations. I'm shocked you'd use that analogy.
Meh, my analogies don't always hit.

Many people in the suburbs are upset with their kid's schools but generally not with the quality of the education. They say CRT!!! or something to that effect but know about how good the science and math teaching might be.

So it's selective outrage in the burbs. Inner city is a mess but I'm not sure how we fix that

Public schools should be standardized, period. It isn't some local menu that you can pick and choose. That's how we get things like the daughters of the confederacy able to gaslight the south for decades. It leads to different areas of enlightenment via geography.

We'll have intelligent kids from dumbass areas going to college like as Waterboy's.

I get the current system goes through the school board but that's becoming a shit show thanks to alt right violence.

Look at this board and the multiple POV's. A kid that is taught by you is going to learn a completely different reality than a kid taught by Ranger, and you both are considered to the right.

No, it would be a mess with the amount of areas, individual povs, etc.. Similar to now all these Facebook MD's demanding and threatening doctors on how to treat their loved ones who have Covid (among other things).

Problem is I don't know how to get to some agreed standardization so we'll continue with what we have and the school boards will continue to be a battleground on the verge of violence.

Which is a damn shame and f#$king stupid.

Speaking of idiot violence, you haven't posted for a while. I was starting to wonder if you got locked away with your other idol Oath Keeper terrorists.

Meh, my analogies don't always hit.

Many people in the suburbs are upset with their kid's schools but generally not with the quality of the education. They say CRT!!! or something to that effect but know about how good the science and math teaching might be.

So it's selective outrage in the burbs. Inner city is a mess but I'm not sure how we fix that
I can tell you it's not only CRT, but the teaching and emphasis on certain subjects, such as a gay lifestyle. Or teaching of sex education beyond the basics. Or gender confusion.

Those aren't readin', writin' and 'rithmetic. Leave the values teaching to the parents or the locker room, where it belongs (for those with selective outrage, the locker room reference is was a joke.)

Public schools should be standardized, period. It isn't some local menu that you can pick and choose. That's how we get things like the daughters of the confederacy able to gaslight the south for decades. It leads to different areas of enlightenment via geography.

We'll have intelligent kids from dumbass areas going to college like as Waterboy's.

I get the current system goes through the school board but that's becoming a shit show thanks to alt right violence.

Look at this board and the multiple POV's. A kid that is taught by you is going to learn a completely different reality than a kid taught by Ranger, and you both are considered to the right.

No, it would be a mess with the amount of areas, individual povs, etc.. Similar to now all these Facebook MD's demanding and threatening doctors on how to treat their loved ones who have Covid (among other things).

Problem is I don't know how to get to some agreed standardization so we'll continue with what we have and the school boards will continue to be a battleground on the verge of violence.

Which is a damn shame and f#$king stupid.

Speaking of idiot violence, you haven't posted for a while. I was starting to wonder if you got locked away with your other idol Oath Keeper terrorists.
Right wing violence like voicing an opinion at a school board meeting. Or protesting when your daughter is raped by a boy wearing a skirt who claims he is female.

Of course, teacher unions have nothing to do becoming a shit show.....

Right wing violence like voicing an opinion at a school board meeting. Or protesting when your daughter is raped by a boy wearing a skirt who claims he is female.

This all changes in November. The Great Awakening has begun. It's now not just George Soros and the sadistic teachers union who know that local elections matter.

Government Schools
This is not your novel idea. Your boy resurrected that term ("Government Schools") in his final State of the Union address, and Trumpers ran with it. Did he repeat it again the other night in Arizona? Of course, and as an elitist, he never attended a public school (and I doubt any of his kids did, either), so it's doubtful he knows much about them at all.

What about when they don't want to let a left wing nut bag like you try and press your views? You want your kids brainwashed by the govt so you don't have to put forth the effort to home school. BTW not a fan of home schooling.

I can tell you it's not only CRT, but the teaching and emphasis on certain subjects, such as a gay lifestyle. Or teaching of sex education beyond the basics. Or gender confusion.

Those aren't readin', writin' and 'rithmetic. Leave the values teaching to the parents or the locker room, where it belongs (for those with selective outrage, the locker room reference is was a joke.)
Regarding the first paragraph I believe it's the parents more than the kids that are concerned or confused. I could probably get on board with discussing subjects like acceptance of people with different lifestyles at age appropriate points. And, nobody's teaching the gay lifestyle or gender confusion. It's about folks have a different lifestyle than "normal". If we stick to teaching acceptance parents can stick to values education at home. I have no problem with acceptance.

Regarding the first paragraph I believe it's the parents more than the kids that are concerned or confused. I could probably get on board with discussing subjects like acceptance of people with different lifestyles at age appropriate points. And, nobody's teaching the gay lifestyle or gender confusion. It's about folks have a different lifestyle than "normal". If we stick to teaching acceptance parents can stick to values education at home. I have no problem with acceptance.
It's OK with you because it's your values system. It's not for everybody's. How far does 'acceptance' go? Only we can determine that, but it's not up to the school system - that's a social and religious issue.

It's a thing. It's a tactic. Hell your fellow alt-right friend just admitted it to you.

This was in California. Quick Google search of right wing school board protests came up with pages of examples of threats of violence.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article255749801.html

School boards are asking the FBI to get involved, it's gotten that.....stupid.

The problem is it's going to lead to small town kids being woefully under prepared socially if they ever desire to leave their small town. The culture shock will be a much greater deal for them to adapt to than other kids.

You like capitalism right? You like money right? You want your grandchildren to be as successful as they can be, well that means they are probably going to have to work in a big, diverse world to make a big contribution and have big success.

Regardless if they want to go to college....again it's a big, diverse social group. If all they know is alt-right social views well, they're going to quite the culture shock their freshman year.

The Waterboy eventually figured out that mama didn't do him any favors socially.

Gonna have to quibble with you on the latter half of your paragraph. While I’m not sure it’s coming from school per se, though I believe a lot of it is with activity groups called things like LGBT Allies and what not, but there is a lot and I mean a lot of gender confusion and steering going on even in our conservative neck of the woods.

Parents of middle schoolers are telling me stories about how 10% of their daughters’ friends are now convinced that they’re gay or non-binary gendered. While that’s hearsay, I know of three families close to ours whose pre-teen daughters have each declared their bisexuality and now have girlfriends. When one of the 12 yr old girls told her family this the 10 yr old boy then declared he too is gay.

Hey if they’re right and they’re suddenly that in tune with their orientation at the age of 10 and 12 suddenly after being introduced to sex ed for the first time then great. But I’m sure doubtful and the numbers don’t add up.

Much like we overdid welcoming home and idolizing troops from OIF/OEF to make up for the sins of the Vietnam past-it feels like we’re doing the same for the past sins committed against non-heterosexuals by making it feel cool to confused teenagers. It sure feels like there is some confusion going on in these parts. Everyone needs to feel welcome in their skin - but activists shouldn’t be creating a situation that confuses the very easily confused.

Gonna have to quibble with you on the latter half of your paragraph. While I’m not sure it’s coming from school per se, though I believe a lot of it is with activity groups called things like LGBT Allies and what not, but there is a lot and I mean a lot of gender confusion and steering going on even in our conservative neck of the woods.

Parents of middle schoolers are telling me stories about how 10% of their daughters’ friends are now convinced that they’re gay or non-binary gendered. While that’s hearsay, I know of three families close to ours whose pre-teen daughters have each declared their bisexuality and now have girlfriends. When one of the 12 yr old girls told her family this the 10 yr old boy then declared he too is gay.

Hey if they’re right and they’re suddenly that in tune with their orientation at the age of 10 and 12 suddenly after being introduced to sex ed for the first time then great. But I’m sure doubtful and the numbers don’t add up.

Much like we overdid welcoming home and idolizing troops from OIF/OEF to make up for the sins of the Vietnam past-it feels like we’re doing the same for the past sins committed against non-heterosexuals. It sure feels like there is some confusion going on in these parts.
Why wouldn't there be confusion amongst children?! There's confusion amongst adults. Hell there's confusion on this silly board:

Bloom said:
When I screw something, it's DANC.

In regards to sex Ed, my school system has sent home a form every year all my kids have been in school to get permission on if we want them to learn sex Ed or not.

If we were to sign it and not want them to take the course, they don't take the course. It's that simple.

Much like we overdid welcoming home and idolizing troops from OIF/OEF to make up for the sins of the Vietnam past-it feels like we’re doing the same for the past sins committed against non-heterosexuals by making it feel cool to confused teenagers. It sure feels like there is some confusion going on in these parts. Everyone needs to feel welcome in their skin - but activists shouldn’t be creating a situation that confuses the very easily confused.

Is 12 years old not old enough to know that you have a attraction to the same sex? 10 to young?

What's the cut off age and who is the person to say what age is to young?

Reactions: Bill4411

At that age it is 100% taught behavior or they are dealing with an undiagnosed mental health issue.

Why wouldn't there be confusion amongst children?! There's confusion amongst adults. Hell there's confusion on this silly board:

Bloom said:
When I screw something, it's DANC.
Oh, he's not confused. He spends all day with teenage boys.

And he's hip to the lingo and pronouns!

What is an age appropriate point?

I participate in these school board meetings in Carmel as well as several friends and neighbors who have children in school here. Earlier this summer there were several speakers that brought forth many books that are already in our schools in Carmel. In the K-2 age group heres a few:

Phoenix Goes to School
Introducing Teddy
Sparkle Boy
Call Me Max

All inappropriate in my opinion and every other parent that was there that day agreed. These are all endorsed and promoted by the UN and Planned Parenthood. Who's running who here?

There are several more books in several different age groups. I'll continue to take a stand and be a voice.

I can only imagine the mess it is going to create. It was tough enough to figure out years ago. I think there needs to be some basic stuff, as I admit to none from home (also no brothers or sisters) and was convinced I had some horrible disease when wood started randomly popping up and then why it happened around girls. I wonder about how much homosexuality as an easier alternative for shy and awkward people is going to seem a norm to kids?

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT