ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s not try to justify Friday’s performance now...

Dec 9, 2014
...just because NEB beat PU today. Purdue may be worse than we all think. This team has serious issues that need to be addressed over the next three weeks. That said, I’m sure the usual suspects on here will start puffing up their chests and make @sses out of themselves over this...

...just because NEB beat PU today. Purdue may be worse than we all think. This team has serious issues that need to be addressed over the next three weeks. That said, I’m sure the usual suspects on here will start puffing up their chests and make @sses out of themselves over this...

Justify what? I haven't seen anyone say that IU played a GREAT game Friday but we did win at home and PU lost in Lincoln.

"Purdue may be worse than we all think." Who is changing the narrative now? They BLEW out UVA and had no really bad loses. Maybe Nebraska isn't as bad as you think they are.

OR maybe, just maybe it is the BT just being the BT and there is no such thing as a bad win.

Contrary to the usual suspects like yourself will start everything off by saying "Let's not try to justify Friday's performance now..."

Let's face it, your clan is no different. You're simply going to try and say that Purdue is garbage. Some sunshine pumpers are going to say a win is a win. The truth is somewhere in the middle, IU is a fairly decent team with some flaws, Purdue will win some big games at home likely, and Nebraska isn't the absolute bottom of the barrel B1G team.

Who is puffing up their chests? Maybe you should EAD.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Justify what? I haven't seen anyone say that IU played a GREAT game Friday but we did win at home and PU lost in Lincoln.

"Purdue may be worse than we all think." Who is changing the narrative now? They BLEW out UVA and had no really bad loses. Maybe Nebraska isn't as bad as you think they are.

OR maybe, just maybe it is the BT just being the BT and there is no such thing as a bad win.
Going to be a lot of road loses. In the conference this year.

It’s not a very good Purdue team. They are really good defensive team, but I’d take the local rec. team in a game of horse. My heart breaks for them:rolleyes:

I think no other sport than the sport of b-ball has such home court advantage. It’s not just that the fans are within feet of players but the familiar rims help a ton. You get used to shooting in those surroundings and it helps tremendously. It is extremely hard to win on the road in the conference. I expect Rutgers and Nebraska will play fairly well at home.

It's the B1G. There will be few easy wins and a few disappointments on the road. Every win matters.

purdue losing by 14 shows that Nebraska is playing pretty well right now. We know how that can change.

I think no other sport than the sport of b-ball has such home court advantage. It’s not just that the fans are within feet of players but the familiar rims help a ton. You get used to shooting in those surroundings and it helps tremendously. It is extremely hard to win on the road in the conference. I expect Rutgers and Nebraska will play fairly well at home.

And the home team gets to choose the brand of ball!

Reactions: T.M.P. and hondo314
I think you just did self fulfilled prophecy.

Or the usual haters will come on here and say EXACTLY what you said. Smh

Reactions: rocketo and namnik
You don't win many games on the road in the B1G.
Well if you’re good you do. If you win the big ten you do. Guess depends on what your def of a lot is. I want iu to win the big ten so saying “well u just don’t win many games on road” is not an excuse bc if you’re good..you do..not calling you out just my opinion

Well if you’re good you do. If you win the big ten you do. Guess depends on what your def of a lot is. I want iu to win the big ten so saying “well u just don’t win many games on road” is not an excuse bc if you’re good..you do..not calling you out just my opinion

Definitely the team that wins the most road games in the B1G is usually the reg season league champ. Winning on the road separates pretenders from contenders pretty quickly....

Yet, not ONE B1G has won on the road, yet. What a wide open conference season. Heck, even darlings Michigan has lost 3 of last 4. Gonna be one hell of a ride.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT The Ohio State would lose at MINNESOTA!

If we guard Stefanovic, and block out Haarms, we will sweep Purdue. They are extremely limited offensively.

Get over your failed narrative

IU won and not only did Neb win but Minnesota beat Ohio State. That just shows anyone on any given night can lose so stop f’ing crying about us winning by a few. If anyone is making @sses out of themselves it’s the ones who cry about every nail biter that we win or every loss. Just stfu and enjoy the game or go watch some other team. Bunch of losers.

Definitely the team that wins the most road games in the B1G is usually the reg season league champ. Winning on the road separates pretenders from contenders pretty quickly....

Yet, not ONE B1G has won on the road, yet. What a wide open conference season. Heck, even darlings Michigan has lost 3 of last 4. Gonna be one hell of a ride.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT The Ohio State would lose at MINNESOTA!
Everybody was ready to crown Howard as the most amazing coach ever. How that turned around. A BB season is a marathon up until the final final sprint.

IU won and not only did Neb win but Minnesota beat Ohio State. That just shows anyone on any given night can lose so stop f’ing crying about us winning by a few. If anyone is making @sses out of themselves it’s the ones who cry about every nail biter that we win or every loss. Just stfu and enjoy the game or go watch some other team. Bunch of losers.
Gets old listening to them cry like little bitches, doesn’t it?

This is a good start.

Going to be a lot of road loses. In the conference this year.
Our first concern needs to be protecting our home court and not thinking we can mail it in against teams like Neb, Penn State, Rutgers, Minny and Northwestern. We are not that good. And we better start shooting the rock a lot better because the good teams, with better post defenders, will make it tougher for TJD to operate down low and will bring even more pressure on the perimeter. We can start by improving our perimeter D by our guards bringing much greater pressure outside because ND and Arkansas don’t F around from 3 land. They They will be moving the ball and frequently launching. The packline we play makes us very vulnerable to corner and gap threes. It appears we haven’t been showing the quickness or instincts yet to make this defense effective. Now’s the time, folks.

Nebraska was supposed to be bad from what I heard. Sure Purdue didn't shoot well and hasn't shot well. But when they play us they might turn into Wisconsin at the Kohl Center.

Nebraska is better than everyone thought.

yeah, I get the feeling that Nebraska is a decent team that just went through some tough growing pains with a new coach and almost entirely new roster to start the year

In B1G games close games are a common occurrence. Just win. You have to be ready every night and any team can catch fire and make you look bad.

I enjoy these reverse excuses.

Nobody cares about Purdue vs Nebraska. This is an IU board. This team looks a bit flat and still pulled off wins against UCONN and Nebraska.

Now Iu gets a week off before ND, a week off before Arkansas and a another week off before Maryland. There should be no classes during this time and the team can really work on things in practice and get healthy for what looks like a brutal Big 10 schedule. They cannot play the entire year like they did in the last 3 but IMO, this team has a lot room to grow and improve as season progresses as any team in the league.

Reactions: kkott
Nobody cares about Purdue vs Nebraska. This is an IU board. This team looks a bit flat and still pulled off wins against UCONN and Nebraska.

Now Iu gets a week off before ND, a week off before Arkansas and a another week off before Maryland. There should be no classes during this time and the team can really work on things in practice and get healthy for what looks like a brutal Big 10 schedule. They cannot play the entire year like they did in the last 3 but IMO, this team has a lot room to grow and improve as season progresses as any team in the league.

and all that time to try and get RP's conditioning up to snuff and some chemistry and familiarity among lineups. We need RP to be playing to be anywhere near our best, so hopefully over these next few weeks he gets healthy, gets his wind back and develops some chemistry with his teammates and rotations. Despite some lackluster play, we are in a great position to make the tournament, when almost every "expert" predicted this team at 8-10 or higher in the B10, and that was when expected to be healthy. I think this team could surprise and be a big surprise in the B10, (maybe a top 4 finish), however I think the expectation should at minimum be a return to the NCAA. Sweeping PU and winning a couple games in the BTT wouldn't hurt either!

After seeing Wisconsin go down to Rutgers, I was discouraged. Then Rutgers went and smashed #21 Seton Hall by 20pts. I think Nebraska and Rutgers actually have decent teams this year. No matter the case, IU just has to keep winning. It doesn't matter how they win.....just that they win.

Uh, didn't PU just clobber VA?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT