ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s leave Indiana out of it.

BCfanatic2020

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2020
Out of respect to your board let’s agree that we’ve already been told by a traveler from the future that Indiana will win at Purdue.

Your staff writers think we will be worse than Rutgers and Michigan state? Really?

I’ll pay respect and say your team all depends on Jackson. I don’t like the idea of bringing in any QB to be the guy with as little experience as he has. But if he booms instead of busts who knows. Lucas.. the front 7. Bowling is possible.

I’ve never been a believer in locksley. So if Jackson is really good that’s 5 and you’re coming into the bucket with a chance to go bowling if you haven’t already upset someone. If either Jackson OR CARD are really bad then it’s gonna get ugly.

All that said, do you the fans have us worse against the field than Rutgers and Michigan state?

And what say ye of Illinois? If Purdue didn’t exist I’d be crying overrated on the Illini.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Out of respect to your board let’s agree that we’ve already been told by a traveler from the future that Indiana will win at Purdue.

Your staff writers think we will be worse than Rutgers and Michigan state? Really?

I’ll pay respect and say your team all depends on Jackson. I don’t like the idea of bringing in any QB to be the guy with as little experience as he has. But if he booms instead of busts who knows. Lucas.. the front 7. Bowling is possible.

I’ve never been a believer in locksley. So if Jackson is really good that’s 5 and you’re coming into the bucket with a chance to go bowling if you haven’t already upset someone. If either Jackson OR CARD are really bad then it’s gonna get ugly.

All that said, do you the fans have us worse against the field than Rutgers and Michigan state?

And what say ye of Illinois? If Purdue didn’t exist I’d be crying overrated on the Illini.
Taking emotion out of it...the fact is that no one knows what will happen this season with either team. Your ne staff and schemes may launch quite well, or may take a second season to mesh. Recruiting has not fallen off much which is a good sign.

Equally unclear is how well IU meshes with so many new faces, and no clear solution at QB.

PU is likely not #10 on our schedule, but like IU..impossible to rank at this point.

Taking emotion out of it...the fact is that no one knows what will happen this season with either team. Your ne staff and schemes may launch quite well, or may take a second season to mesh. Recruiting has not fallen off much which is a good sign.

Equally unclear is how well IU meshes with so many new faces, and no clear solution at QB.

PU is likely not #10 on our schedule, but like IU..impossible to rank at this point.
Thank you. And again.. I think this is where it makes a difference that I didn’t grow up in Indiana going back and forth with IU fans at school and I’ve never lived in Indy.

I grew up with Illinois fans thinking they are Indiana during knight in basketball and Michigan in football.

So if you guys are good it really doesn’t bother me and if anything it should make us want to be better.

We are entering a new era where .. teams in the Big Ten and SEC will really have to try not to be good relative to the rest of the nation.

Here’s to an injury free camp for both schools.

TMFT Jr. & I were just talking about the QB situation Saturday on a walk.

I actually think Sorsby will end up our starter. From the Spring Game, I felt that he threw a better ball and that Jackson is going to be more prone to INTs even if he is a more dynamic athlete.

We'll see.

With a new staff in place at Purdue, it’s hard to say exactly what kind of team you guys have. Now, many fans get amped up whenever a new coach comes. They envision immediate success. Depends on tbe chemistry. Will the offense be drastically different? I mean, fans say everything looks good on paper but paper isn’t live action.

What happens to either team if, heaven forbid, the stating QB (either Card or Jackson) tear an ACL in game #2? Way too many unknowns. Again, every fan assumes that ratings and replacement guys pick up exactly where their predecessors left off.
New staffs at places like OSU, Michigan or Penn State, tend to step into highly advantageous positions as they have that extreme 5-star that make up for adjustments of new staff. It is rare that a brand new coach steps right in without growing pains like other programs. I have no idea if Rutgers will be improve or MSU will return to their 2021 form. Schiano is, by all accounts, a solid coach. I think Mel Tucker is in over his head.

AF1QipPXKKS9tfRbCJLNb5RvngwQKNu4OMBFnDBcyhdu=w170-h122-n-k-no-nu

I think our bowling team will be good this year!🤔

It's not "your staff writers", the article clearly says the ranking was from Phil Steele's Power Poll..

With a new staff in place at Purdue, it’s hard to say exactly what kind of team you guys have. Now, many fans get amped up whenever a new coach comes. They envision immediate success. Depends on tbe chemistry. Will the offense be drastically different? I mean, fans say everything looks good on paper but paper isn’t live action.

What happens to either team if, heaven forbid, the stating QB (either Card or Jackson) tear an ACL in game #2? Way too many unknowns. Again, every fan assumes that ratings and replacement guys pick up exactly where their predecessors left off.
New staffs at places like OSU, Michigan or Penn State, tend to step into highly advantageous positions as they have that extreme 5-star that make up for adjustments of new staff. It is rare that a brand new coach steps right in without growing pains like other programs. I have no idea if Rutgers will be improve or MSU will return to their 2021 form. Schiano is, by all accounts, a solid coach. I think Mel Tucker is in over his head.
Their season really revolves around Card, and he’ll have to show it on the field on a new team with a new coach and a new offensive system. If he does, good for them, but the odds aren’t in their favor.

very fair appraisal.

Thank you for this post and I hope others live up to what you say. Jackson may not be the starter but if Sorbsy leads the players better then he will be the QB not Jackson. I just want the best QB to play and the other QB ready to step in when needed. Bell didn't do that with Bazelak until coach Allen said he had to against PSU.

I have said that I want IU and PU to have the best teams in the B1G playing for the B1G championship maybe one day.

We've lost two in a row to Rutgers, two in a row to Maryland, two in a row to Purdue, 30+ in a row to OSU, 30/31ish to Michigan, and so-on...I don't think we're counting anything as a win. We have flubbed the QB situation entirely and have struggled to manage talent at that position dating back to 2012 which has cost us multiple bowl appearances...most notably in 2014.

We've lost two in a row to Rutgers, two in a row to Maryland, two in a row to Purdue, 30+ in a row to OSU, 30/31ish to Michigan, and so-on...I don't think we're counting anything as a win. We have flubbed the QB situation entirely and have struggled to manage talent at that position dating back to 2012 which has cost us multiple bowl appearances...most notably in 2014.

Absolutely!

So when people around here casually float around these demeaning comments about “we never should have let Rutgers or Maryland or Nebraska into this prestigious conference.”

Uhh….who’s the one university not pulling their weight?
C’mon folks! IU is standing out as a black sheep in this group. And it needs a visionary leading our athletic department. Not a sheltered, local yokel IU guy who knows only the IU way. We damn near need to look in the mirror!!!

This conference will leave us behind, bury us beyond recovery or oust us altogether.

Absolutely!

So when people around here casually float around these demeaning comments about “we never should have let Rutgers or Maryland or Nebraska into this prestigious conference.”

Uhh….who’s the one university not pulling their weight?
C’mon folks! IU is standing out as a black sheep in this group. And it needs a visionary leading our athletic department. Not a sheltered, local yokel IU guy who knows only the IU way. We damn near need to look in the mirror!!!

This conference will leave us behind, bury us beyond recovery or oust us altogether.
And the key reason this is true is because Indiana didn't embrace football. The Big Ten is a football conference, always has been.

Indiana's zeal for bball is exactly why they're in a position of weakness. People hate to hear that but it's very true.

And the key reason this is true is because Indiana didn't embrace football. The Big Ten is a football conference, always has been.

Indiana's zeal for bball is exactly why they're in a position of weakness. People hate to hear that but it's very true.

Absolutely true.
And guess what? A 5th-9th place basketball program doesn’t have as much pull in these situations as much as people like to think. We are in a football conference, like it or not, and it’s even more painful when considering that your marquee program has be passed by from the other football schools in the conference with their own basketball programs. It’s embarrassing. So much for a school that places all it’s eggs in the basketball basket and the eggs are now crushed.

UK has somehow managed to figure this out. Let’s not kid ourselves though, they aren’t and will never be a threat to win a National or SEC championship IMO but being competitive and consistently playing in the postseason isn’t just a goal anymore, it’s a must. We need that same mentality from everyone associated with IU football, including fans.

UK has somehow managed to figure this out. Let’s not kid ourselves though, they aren’t and will never be a threat to win a National or SEC championship IMO but being competitive and consistently playing in the postseason isn’t just a goal anymore, it’s a must. We need that same mentality from everyone associated with IU football, including fans.

By virtue of being in the rabid SEC, you have to commit to football. And, UK has been drawing huge crowds to Commonwealth Stadium for decades, even during down years. They do turn out for football even though they are intense about basketball. It can be done. And, they aren’t just minimally competitive in football. They’ve put together 9 and 10 win seasons under Stoops. We’d have a damn ticker tape parade in B-town for that!

There’s no rule out there that you cannot support both.
North Carolina has stepped it up.
We got knocked out of the NCAA tourney by the U. Think about that. A school that has a rich and somewhat sordid football history made the final four. We are 21 years removed from a FF4. That’s pitiful.

If IU can hold on to coaches instead of them moving on to head coaching jobs, imagine if Wommack and DeBoer stayed at IU. I hope the coaches hired for those positions can show they are as good as those coaches but I am not confident they can other than maybe coach G and Wiltz, maybe Bell with a better OL and running QBs .

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I wouldn't be surprised if Kentucky competed for a SEC championship in football. The coaching, recruiting, and support structure is in place.

Kentucky has better fans than Indiana when it comes to football. I noticed that years and years ago.

IU fans go to their tailgate and never bother to leave
to go into the game.

The IU tailgate experience is very weak. People say it’s “great” but only because it’s half the stadium standing around outside shooting the shit and some drunks rolling around in the meadow to the south. Like most IU events, it’s just random chaos going on.
Go down to the world’s largest cocktail party with Georgia and Florida or the Red River Shootout.
These are events. They have big time atmosphere and food vendors.
IU’s tailgate is a rinky dink affair. People need to get out more often and see real tailgate events.

The IU tailgate experience is very weak. People say it’s “great” but only because it’s half the stadium standing around outside shooting the shit and some drunks rolling around in the meadow to the south. Like most IU events, it’s just random chaos going on.
Go down to the world’s largest cocktail party with Georgia and Florida or the Red River Shootout.
IU’s tailgate is a rinky dink affair. People need to get out more often and see real tailgate events.
We aren’t “The Grove” but far from “weak”. The culture of losing in Btown combined with spectacular fall Saturdays has created a solid social environment. “Food vendors”? Yikes

Perhaps you need to meet new people.

Well, for whatever the reason IU fans seem to be more
interested in tailgating than a football game. Call me crazy
but I have much more interest in improving football as
opposed to improving tailgating. Sadly, UK seems to be
getting the football part right, tailgating, who cares.

Well, for whatever the reason IU fans seem to be more
interested in tailgating than a football game. Call me crazy
but I have much more interest in improving football as
opposed to improving tailgating. Sadly, UK seems to be
getting the football part right, tailgating, who cares.
If you are like me and have attended IU games since the eighties you wouls understand how interest in things expand.

We aren’t “The Grove” but far from “weak”. The culture of losing in Btown combined with spectacular fall Saturdays has created a solid social environment. “Food vendors”? Yikes

Ah, the Grove, better known as "Sperm Village" littered with green trailers for married housing

Especially if leads him to a new place to occupy his time.

Can't imagine how miserable @Big Red Crimson Buffalo life is on a day to day basis.

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Especially if leads him to a new place to occupy his time.

Can't imagine how miserable @Big Red Crimson Buffalo life is on a day to day basis.

Life’s good!
I just like to live in the real world….not the one where every day is sunshine, rainbows, the Tooth Fairy and unicorns.

I exist to keep you grounded!
That said, I hope all of our Pollyanna musings do come true this season. It would be fantastic to see a turnaround.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT