ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s leave Indiana out of it.

Life’s good!
I just like to live in the real world….not the one where every day is sunshine, rainbows, the Tooth Fairy and unicorns.

I exist to keep you grounded!
That said, I hope all of our Pollyanna musings do come true this season. It would be fantastic to see a turnaround.
It would be great to see IU beat all the teams they lost to in 4th quarter along with what they need to win.

Life’s good!
I just like to live in the real world….not the one where every day is sunshine, rainbows, the Tooth Fairy and unicorns.

I exist to keep you grounded!
That said, I hope all of our Pollyanna musings do come true this season. It would be fantastic to see a turnaround.
There is a huge group of fans between the ones you describe and yourself. Therein lies reality and enjoyment.

You may be the patron saint of negativity but at least you are an actual IU fan and not a fraud.

There is a huge group of fans between the ones you describe and yourself. Therein lies reality and enjoyment.

You may be the patron saint of negativity but at least you are an actual IU fan and not a fraud.

If Allen does well this year, I’ll be front and center to take any and all heat for being way off base. I’m rooting like hell for him to make a bowl. That’s the turnaround I’m looking for. Not close calls. Win 6.
That is not unreasonable.
Forget OSU, Mich, PSU.

Don’t even focus on those 3. Just wipe them out of the mind. Focus on the other 9 that we have a shot.
This is where coaches prove themselves and Allen has to start winning 50/50 games. He did it before in 2019.
This is why I do adamantly believe that the Louisville game in Lucas Oil Is the ultimate test for Allen as a coach.
Essentially a home game, although Louisville will bring fans. A new coach there who Allen knows well but cannot beat. Personnel-wise, the classes are very similar over the past 4 years.
Sure, Louisville went to a bowl last year and went 8-5. But, the didn’t play an overpowering schedule going 4-4 in ACC play.
Be interesting to see their first game played in Atlanta against Georgia Tech.
This is a high pressure game for Allen. It may just be the game that determines his fate.

If Allen does well this year, I’ll be front and center to take any and all heat for being way off base. I’m rooting like hell for him to make a bowl. That’s the turnaround I’m looking for. Not close calls. Win 6.
That is not unreasonable.
Forget OSU, Mich, PSU.

Don’t even focus on those 3. Just wipe them out of the mind. Focus on the other 9 that we have a shot.
This is where coaches prove themselves and Allen has to start winning 50/50 games. He did it before in 2019.
This is why I do adamantly believe that the Louisville game in Lucas Oil Is the ultimate test for Allen as a coach.
Essentially a home game, although Louisville will bring fans. A new coach there who Allen knows well but cannot beat. Personnel-wise, the classes are very similar over the past 4 years.
Sure, Louisville went to a bowl last year and went 8-5. But, the didn’t play an overpowering schedule going 4-4 in ACC play.
Be interesting to see their first game played in Atlanta against Georgia Tech.
This is a high pressure game for Allen. It may just be the game that determines his fate.
I agree on the winnable 9 and about the UL game. I will be pleasantly surprised if TA can turn this around. Unfortunately I think we will be looking for a coach.

I like LOS and understand the strategy to play in Indy but I far prefer Btown. Hurst lot here we con.

One note though. TA has not beaten ‘Bastic but he absolutely would have Covid season and was one injured knee away last year. They dodged a bullet both games

I agree on the winnable 9 and about the UL game. I will be pleasantly surprised if TA can turn this around. Unfortunately I think we will be looking for a coach.

I like LOS and understand the strategy to play in Indy but I far prefer Btown. Hurst lot here we con.

One note though. TA has not beaten ‘Bastic but he absolutely would have Covid season and was one injured knee away last year. They dodged a bullet both games

I think Allen would have beaten Coach Birthmark in 2020. Unfortunately, it’s a hypothetical and not in the record books.
The big concern I see in that series is that even when he won, it took OT to do so.
Brohm, in his wins against IU, did so fairly convincingly. Double-digit margins. And, nobody can say his personnel was better than IU, on paper at least. I refuse to believe otherwise. I think it revealed that Brohm was just able to coach up what he had much better than Allen was able to do. And that is frustrating.
I know I’m considered the lunatic “”flat earth” guy on the board with regards to IU’s security in this conference, but there are just too many changes with realignment and money and t.v. deals these days that I just have a bad feeling about our secured position in this conference. That said, I think IU would not be the only one in the target range if a complete revamp of the Big Ten were to happen.
And, I can completely see the point that another OP made about powerhouse football programs beginning to take a higher portion of these deals based on the foothold they have in the conference. I could see that evolving.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I think Allen would have beaten Coach Birthmark in 2020. Unfortunately, it’s a hypothetical and not in the record books.
The big concern I see in that series is that even when he won, it took OT to do so.
Brohm, in his wins against IU, did so fairly convincingly. Double-digit margins. And, nobody can say his personnel was better than IU, on paper at least. I refuse to believe otherwise. I think it revealed that Brohm was just able to coach up what he had much better than Allen was able to do. And that is frustrating.
I know I’m considered the lunatic “”flat earth” guy on the board with regards to IU’s security in this conference, but there are just too many changes with realignment and money and t.v. deals these days that I just have a bad feeling about our secured position in this conference. That said, I think IU would not be the only one in the target range if a complete revamp of the Big Ten were to happen.
And, I can completely see the point that another OP made about powerhouse football programs beginning to take a higher portion of these deals based on the foothold they have in the conference. I could see that evolving.
Yeah, not saying TA was the better coach but those two games while hypothetical were likely Ws.

Last game IU was driving for another score at the fateful moment.

As far as conference membership security there are other universities currently enrolled that bring less overall than we do. PUke for one.

Do all recent and future additions bring as much? TV market…yes

The IU tailgate experience is very weak. People say it’s “great” but only because it’s half the stadium standing around outside shooting the shit and some drunks rolling around in the meadow to the south. Like most IU events, it’s just random chaos going on.
Go down to the world’s largest cocktail party with Georgia and Florida or the Red River Shootout.
These are events. They have big time atmosphere and food vendors.
IU’s tailgate is a rinky dink affair. People need to get out more often and see real tailgate events.
I’ve been to 5 Texas vs OU games. It’s not what I’d call tailgating when folks are standing on the fair midway drinking beer and watching a mariachi band- the Cotton Bowl sits on Texas state fair park, and the game occurs in early October during the actual state fair. It’s an absolutely electric atomosphere. OU needs to win to get Texas HS talent.

Reactions: Jackskip23
I’ve been to 5 Texas vs OU games. It’s not what I’d call tailgating when folks are standing on the fair midway drinking beer and watching a mariachi band- the Cotton Bowl sits on Texas state fair park, and the game occurs in early October during the actual state fair. It’s an absolutely electric atomosphere. OU needs to win to get Texas HS talent.
It is a great atmosphere but not exactly a tailgating experience. Huge stadium and plenty of fans there who still couldn’t get in.

Reactions: Indyhorn
It is a great atmosphere but not exactly a tailgating experience. Huge stadium and plenty of fans there who still couldn’t get in.
Cotton bowl has been expanded as much a possible but both UT and OU fill bigger stadiums on their campuses- so about 40% fans from each school can get a seat. It’s a highly pricey ticket when both teams are good.

Cotton bowl has been expanded as much a possible but both UT and OU fill bigger stadiums on their campuses- so about 40% fans from each can get a seat
Dallas is to the B12 as Atlanta is to the SEC and Chicago is to the B10 . . . Tons of alums of conference schools. Dallas is overflowing with UT, A&M and OU grads (my buddy, who took me to the game) and fans, so the atmosphere is great. But we watched it from Texhoma one year and it felt like there were enough fans to fill the Cotton Bowl in one marina.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT