ADVERTISEMENT

Leal & Geronimo Working Out...

COVID has seemingly removed fans from games. Will it also eliminate defenses. I'm optimistic but want to see what they do in games. You can probably go around all the teams in the league and find nice videos of players.

COVID has seemingly removed fans from games. Will it also eliminate defenses. I'm optimistic but want to see what they do in games. You can probably go around all the teams in the league and find nice videos of players.
giphy.gif

Couple things: My guess is the 3-point video didn't take all day to compile. Choose just about any 2 players on the active roster, including the 2 that recently transferred, and you'd probably have to shoot the better part of a week to see that many shots go in. And on the dunk video, it's surprising Leal can dunk that well, but Geronimo looks like the real deal. Effortless hops. This is gonna be fun.

I'm not accustomed to seeing so many three-point shots going in...both have NBA range. This year might be an adjustment.

Also, I don't think there will be any physical limitations that will prevent them from contributing next B1G season.

You do realize when you're normally watching there are defenders on the court, right? Lot's more shots go in in practice. Let's hope it translates. I know I used to play with Joe Hillman at he HPER and he was deadly out to about 23'. I never had to guard someone so far from the basket, but he was never that kind of lights out shooter in games. Let's hope these guys are. The most glaring weakness we've had for several years now!

You do realize when you're normally watching there are defenders on the court, right? Lot's more shots go in in practice. Let's hope it translates. I know I used to play with Joe Hillman at he HPER and he was deadly out to about 23'. I never had to guard someone so far from the basket, but he was never that kind of lights out shooter in games. Let's hope these guys are. The most glaring weakness we've had for several years now!
Hillman shot 58% from three his senior year.

Cheer up, it doesn't hurt to be optimistic. If TJD is continuously double-teamed, these freshmen may get a lot of open looks on the perimeter.

But if you want to be a realist, Geronimo shot 30% from three as a senior (shot 38% as a junior & 35% during AAU), while Leal shot 37% as a senior (shot 38% as a junior, 51% as a sophomore, & 42% during AAU).

Earlier on, and to some degree during AAU, not being the focal point of the opponent's defense helped a lot. That said, both have plenty of room for improvement.

You do realize when you're normally watching there are defenders on the court, right? Lot's more shots go in in practice.

Last edited:
I'm optimistic..But like a few others have said .
I've seen a bunch of practice shooters.That don't translate to real game shooter's.

Reactions: kkott
Are you accustomed to seeing highlight videos with missed shots? The day Tim Priller committed people on here were comparing him to Dirk Nowitzki because of a highlight video where he made probably 5 threes over an entire season.

Are you accustomed to seeing highlight videos with missed shots? The day Tim Priller committed people on here were comparing him to Dirk Nowitzki because of a highlight video where he made probably 5 threes over an entire season.
Proof or it didn’t happen. Please just troll on some other board.

Reactions: MrBing and brianiu

Pretty sure you're referring to Cem Dinc. I don't recall anyone saying anything good about Priller. Everyone knew he was a DIII prospect except for Crean.

Pretty sure you're referring to Cem Dinc. I don't recall anyone saying anything good about Priller. Everyone knew he was a DIII prospect except for Crean.
Not at all. He was considered a stretch 4 and compared to Dirk. He had a highlight video making a bunch of 3s. This board loved him.

Not at all. He was considered a stretch 4 and compared to Dirk. He had a highlight video making a bunch of 3s. This board loved him.

I don't know what you are smoking or if you are just trolling or dementia is taking hold but I am with dmb.

There was even an IU fan from Priller's part of Texas and he had never even heard of the kid.

I don't know what you are smoking or if you are just trolling or dementia is taking hold but I am with dmb.

There was even an IU fan from Priller's part of Texas and he had never even heard of the kid.
He/she is just trolling. If you notice every post ends up with him/her claiming things that could’ve happened with no proof. If it fits his/her trolling narrative.

Hillman shot 58% from three his senior year.

And he attempted 43... 15 the year before. Not exactly prolific. When you think of the great shooters at IU, is Hillman in your top 20? 30? 50? Solid all around guy and a good shooter, but not one of our best or most prolific. For reference Edwards shot 180 and 110 in those same years.

And he attempted 43... 15 the year before. Not exactly prolific. When you think of the great shooters at IU, is Hillman in your top 20? 30? 50? Solid all around guy and a good shooter, but not one of our best or most prolific. For reference Edwards shot 180 and 110 in those same years.
Yea, but he was a prolific scorer in HS averaging 41.3 per game but that wasn't the role RMK wanted him in at IU.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Edwards, Green, May, Alford and Kitchel all somewhere in top ten

Unless you link something to prove what you say, everyone assumes you're lying - pulling it straight from your bunghole. You earned that reputation and you'll probably never live it down.

Edit: I searched it and only two people ever used Priller and Nowiztki, or Dirk, in the same sentence. One guy was saying Priller was likely to go unless he turned into a Nowiztzki instead of Shaggy (clearly joking) and the other was . . . you. You were making same stupid claim that you just made. NO ONE ever, NOT EVER, compared Priller to Nowitzki on this forum. You're nothing more than a troll - or dumb as a bag of hammers.

Last edited:
Unless you link something to prove what you say, everyone assumes you're lying - pulling it straight from your bunghole. You earned that reputation and you'll probably never live it down.

Edit: I searched it and only two people ever used Priller and Nowiztki, or Dirk, in the same sentence. One guy was saying Priller was likely to go unless he turned into a Nowiztzki instead of Shaggy (clearly joking) and the other was . . . you. You were making same stupid claim that you just made. NO ONE ever, NOT EVER, compared Priller to Nowitzki on this forum. You're nothing more than a troll - or dumb as a bag of hammers.
Lmao Classic

Reactions: dbmhoosier

Hey now don't talk about hammers that way. Hammers are sometimes useful and serve a purpose.

He's a masochistic attention wh*re. Everytime you guys call him stupid he's obviously getting off on it or he would stop.

Or, like you said, he's just that dumb.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Well considering Priller graduated in 2014 and posts are only saved back to 2015 this is pretty simple to figure out. This board was largely over the moon for Priller when he committed. That’s a fact.

In 2014 most of our fan base thought every low ranked recruit was going to be the next Oladipo or Wade. Crean was regarded as the best recruiter in college basketball on this board.

Well considering Priller graduated in 2014 and posts are only saved back to 2015 this is pretty simple to figure out. This board was largely over the moon for Priller when he committed. That’s a fact.

Fact??? BaHaaa. Now that is rich. As I stated earlier, a guy from Prillers area of Texas had never heard of him and what dbm said was spot on!

Not only is it not fact, it is bald face lie but hey, you have proven yourself a liar sooooo, liars are going to lie.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Fact??? BaHaaa. Now that is rich. As I stated earlier, a guy from Prillers area of Texas had never heard of him and what dbm said was spot on!

Not only is it not fact, it is bald face lie but hey, you have proven yourself a liar sooooo, liars are going to lie.

I still remember right after Priller committed, he tweeted. "Man Hoosier Nation, so much hate".

There were one or two posters who were encouraged.by Priller's commitment. That's about it.

It's not.

Tim and Jeremiah April I think came in together and the majority was WTF??

In you old age you're probably confusing him with Guy Marc-Michele who was hyped because Crean said he was an NBA talent after he was ruled ineligible.

What will you make up next? We thought Grant Gelon was the next Steve Nash?

Yea, but he was a prolific scorer in HS averaging 41.3 per game but that wasn't the role RMK wanted him in at IU.

My point was, shots go in at a much higher rate in practice and without D1 level D. And even capable or proficient shooters like Hillman was, see a big difference in confidence and makes in a game. Seeing Leal and Geronimo make several 3s in an internet video, really doesn't mean anything at all.

My point was, shots go in at a much higher rate in practice and without D1 level D. And even capable or proficient shooters like Hillman was, see a big difference in confidence and makes in a game. Seeing Leal and Geronimo make several 3s in an internet video, really doesn't mean anything at all.
Yes it does- at least they hit them in practice . That’s a start

When you say, "that's a fact," everyone else just rolls their eyes because they know it's not a fact.

He graduated high school in 2014 and he was unheralded zero star addition to the class. NO ONE was comparing him to Dirk Nowitzki except your imaginary friends. No one claims to remember this except you. I was here and remember nothing of the sort and I'd remember something that outrageous. Others would have too, but no one does, except you, and I'm 100% certain you're lying (or dumber than a bag of hammers). You've proven over and over again that you pull "facts" straight from your bunghole. People don't believe any unsupported thing you post and they shouldn't. You'll never redeem yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT