ADVERTISEMENT

We Need To Shut It Down - Lead the Charge Out of NIL/Portal Procollege Football

You're thinking of Mary Jane Rottencrotch.
She gives!

One of the local mothers has a soiled reputation. Some of the more promiscuous high school kids refer to her as "Dirty Panties". Now, whenever I see her about town I can't help but see it and it's not a pretty sight.

Year's ago there was an unsolved disappearance regarding a local prostituce who serviced Bud's Truck Stop in Indy at the 465 and Hanna Ave exit. The news article stated her "handle" amongst the truck drivers was "Dirty Beaver". I'm sure everyone was on the lookout if smell-out didn't hit first.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Her nickname around school was Suzie Headcheese.
There's a jazz-fusion local band well known in the Seattle area that goes by the name Smegma. I've seen them on YouTube but haven't been to one of their live shows. I imagine they'd really stink if you were down front. The acoustics are never as good so close to the Dual Showman's reverb.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and jsenleo
There's a jazz-fusion local band well known in the Seattle area that goes by the name Smegma. I've seen them on YouTube but haven't been to one of their live shows. I imagine they'd really stink if you were down front. The acoustics are never as good so close to the Dual Showman's reverb.
Back in high school we called a one of our coaches who was a real a-hole, Coach Smegma... but obviously not to his face

Back in high school we called a one of our coaches who was a real a-hole, Coach Smegma... but obviously not to his face
Boys will always be boys when it comes to cheesedicks! One of you should have placed an anonymous box of Ritz on his desk...get him think 'n while stink'n, trying to figure out what might spread well on salted cracker.

Coaches and anyone in the athletic department cannot contribute to NIL collectives.
Can you imagine the giant loophole that would exist? The university could pay a coach double his salary with the agreement that they give half of it to NIL.
Yeah, and? How is that any different than setting up a 'charity' and encouraging giving to that?

It's all bullshit anyway - schools are finding a way to give indirectly to NIL - this would just be another way.

Reactions: jsenleo and 76-1
Yeah, and? How is that any different than setting up a 'charity' and encouraging giving to that?

It's all bullshit anyway - schools are finding a way to give indirectly to NIL - this would just be another way.
I still think the NCAA could put a damper on the worst part of this corruption with a couple of simple rules: A one-year sit-out for ALL transfers, including grad transfer ( no forfeiture of eligibility so the player is not permanently deprived); and no NIL money for any year in which an athlete is not eligible. This stops the tampering with players still enrolled at another school and prevents the poachers from using NIL as a means to plug n play.

Reactions: DANC
I still think the NCAA could put a damper on the worst part of this corruption with a couple of simple rules: A one-year sit-out for ALL transfers, including grad transfer ( no forfeiture of eligibility so the player is not permanently deprived); and no NIL money for any year in which an athlete is not eligible. This stops the tampering with players still enrolled at another school and prevents the poachers from using NIL as a means to plug n play.
Except the NCAA can't enforce the no NIL rule you're proposing. They rolled over and gave up on that.

Reactions: red hornet and DANC
Right. Even the major leagues have rules on free agency. What we have now is just a free-for-all.

Except the NCAA can't enforce the no NIL rule you're proposing. They rolled over and gave up on that.
To me, a scholarship offer is like a contract the pros would sign, now that NIL is in effect.

I don't see why the NCAA couldn't require certain items in a scholarship 'contract', like the pros do, regarding when a player can enter free agency.

Surely the NCAA has some creative lawyers who can figure this out.

To me, a scholarship offer is like a contract the pros would sign, now that NIL is in effect.

I don't see why the NCAA couldn't require certain items in a scholarship 'contract', like the pros do, regarding when a player can enter free agency.

They're too busy trying to figure out how to punish Cleveland State for whatever Harbaugh has been up to the last two years...

They're too busy trying to figure out how to punish Cleveland State for whatever Harbaugh has been up to the last two years...
Can you imagine how long a coach would last at IU if he was suspended for 6 games in one season?

Of course, he's beating O$U on the regular, so I guess it's OK.

Reactions: 76-1

They could enforce the transfer stuff, but they washed their hands of players getting paid and hoped for the best in court. They lost. They can't keep a kid from getting NIL money. No more screwing kids like they did to that UCF punter with the youtube channel.

Reactions: vocalman
They could enforce the transfer stuff, but they washed their hands of players getting paid and hoped for the best in court. They lost. They can't keep a kid from getting NIL money. No more screwing kids like they did to that UCF punter with the youtube channel.
Yeah, the NIL ship has sailed. I just think the NCAA should enforce the rules they have and I do think a scholarship should be treated like a contract. That would stop a a lot of this silliness.

That's why I support the policies I suggested earlier in the thread. I'm all for NIL, especially given how much the universities and coaches earn off of these kids and the way the athletes have been completely isolated from the student experience. I just think that immediate eligibility and NIL in combination is a license by the "haves" to constantly poach from the "have-nots" to fill their roster needs and feeds all kinds of tampering. Sitting a year and not being allowed to profit for that year might make kids think harder about jumping ship, and might discourage top programs from poaching from other schools to immediately improve their next season. It also lessons the likelihood that schools who make the initial investment of giving a kid a scholarship, provide him a year or more of academic credit, and develop him as a player get stuck watching that investment vanish. That's why restrictions on free agency and compensation to teams that lose players is legal in the pro's. It's also why employers in other professions are allowed to place non-compete clauses in the contracts of employees who might jump to competitors and cause loss to the original employer.

Until the NCAA actually collectively bargains with the student athletes, then most of these things that happen in the professional sports, can’t happen at the college level. They can’t impose things without them being collectively bargained. That’s the massive difference between college and pro sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT