ADVERTISEMENT

Langford and others must lead

Not buying it. College journalism must be code for filler during slow times.

If this season's team has success it will be based primarily on what Morgan, Smith, Green, Fitzner, and those with experience can do. I'm excited about the freshmen like everyone else but this article makes it sound like they have to carry the team. Even if Langford is everything we hope, it will take more to get to the tournament.

Reactions: IUgradman

So as not to infringe on another's territory and In recognition of your constancy and finestkind general contributions, ceding all future IDS and IU-origin based coverage so as not to doublelink any more stories. Will restrict my contributions to linking other IU non-University affiliated sites and national media. Or maybe you just didn't like my commentary - just thought the author's whole 'sword of Damocles' implication out of time/place. :)

Last edited:
So as not to infringe on another's territory and In recognition of your constancy and finestkind general contributions, ceding all future IDS and IU-origin based coverage so as not to doublelink any more stories. Will restrict my contributions to linking other IU non-University affiliated sites and national media. Or maybe you just didn't like my commentary - just thought the author's whole 'sword of Damocles' implication out of time/place. :)

Sorry rtt, I did not see your post. Enjoy your posts and have reviewed your BSU posts.

Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
I typed BB (and meant BB), but got an autocorrect. I had been on the FB board posting about BSU and it picked that up from there. The BB posts I'd looked at by you were on recruiting and such. I will be glad to return home and get off my I-pad for posting. Thanks.

Go Hoosiers!

I typed BB (and meant BB), but got an autocorrect. I had been on the FB board posting about BSU and it picked that up from there. The BB posts I'd looked at by you were on recruiting and such. I will be glad to return home and get off my I-pad for posting. Thanks.

Go Hoosiers!

Autocorrect is a muther . . . :eek:

Reactions: snowling

Go Hoosiers!

Mystery solved.

Reactions: snowling
One area I disagree with the article is that the team will depend on the freshmen. Only Romeo will be counted on for production. The other freshmen can certainly play an important role, but Morgan and the returning players need to be playing the important minutes.

I see Hunter and Phinisee playing bigger roles as the season moves into the conference schedule, but they shouldn't feel they are carrying the team.

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
One area I disagree with the article is that the team will depend on the freshmen. Only Romeo will be counted on for production. The other freshmen can certainly play an important role, but Morgan and the returning players need to be playing the important minutes.

I see Hunter and Phinisee playing bigger roles as the season moves into the conference schedule, but they shouldn't feel they are carrying the team.

With AAU play today the Freshmen are coming in more seasoned and ready to play than in the past. I see the Freshmen playing a major role this season.

Reactions: Lucy01
With AAU play today the Freshmen are coming in more seasoned and ready to play than in the past. I see the Freshmen playing a major role this season.

Most freshmen struggle on the defensive end when making the jump to college. Hell last year, we had upperclassmen struggling with a new defensive system. Obviously Langford plays, maybe Hunter and Phinisee, but I don't see much beyond that, and I think the last 2 will primarily be in backup roles.

Reactions: IUgradman
It takes awhile to learn Archie’s defensive system. I wish he had a defense that was easier to coach but it is what it is.

Most freshmen struggle on the defensive end when making the jump to college. Hell last year, we had upperclassmen struggling with a new defensive system. Obviously Langford plays, maybe Hunter and Phinisee, but I don't see much beyond that, and I think the last 2 will primarily be in backup roles.
I could see by end of the season, 2 or 3 Freshmen could be starting and making major contributions. This is Archie's first recruiting class that will lay the foundation for the future of IU Basketball. If Archie assembles recruiting classes on top of each other every year like this one, IU will regain its position as the flagship Basketball program in the B1G.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT