ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is trojan a 90 year old man? Isn’t the term chucker from the 1920’s . I think it refers to dr Naismith being an inefficient chucker at the peach basket. Stay off my lawn you inefficient chucker. He is the only person I have ever heard use that word.
LOL

Yes.

There's a ton of college basketball players who can avg 8 points a game on 8 shot attempts, Galloway included.

DenseFatherlyDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

Ouch, I hope they didn't break the skin.
Maryland refusing to let Henry beat them > Henry refusing to lose.
I'm sure you're on the Maryland train now. Elite 8 or Final 4? :cool:

not many teams win +235, +165, and +125 in a row. I’ll take my winnings and be happy.

Maryland is a classic 8 seed. Gonzaga will beat them by 25 in the second round.

Reactions: Brockway
Ouch, I hope they didn't break the skin.
Maryland refusing to let Henry beat them > Henry refusing to lose.
I'm sure you're on the Maryland train now. Elite 8 or Final 4? :cool:

How bout when I run my mouth about the B1G tourney you bet me. No juice!

You can get a degree any time. What she actually understands is that the sooner you get to the second contract the better.

If Ivey had a chance to be drafted after next year, he would definitely go. I don’t think you need to worry about that though.
Jaden could leave after next season if he has a big year, his mom Coaching ND has no bearing on what Ivey does except for her giving smart advice. If he's a first round pick next season her advice should be to go pro. I think Ivey probably plays 3 yrs at Purdue like Ayo at Illinois will do. Also TJD 100% needs to return next year, he'll probably never be a first round pick, however, perhaps 1 more year brings some improvement to his game.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Obviously, no one knows.

But what has anyone seen from Lander to even think he’s going to be better than Ivey? The Ivey kid is aggressive, confident, can get to the rim, draws fouls, and appears to me to have incredible potential.

Maybe it’s coaching, but Lander has come across as timid and has basically been limited to set jump shots at this point. I do think Lander is better at distribution and running the offense. But, that’s apples and oranges as Ivey isn’t point guard.

Oh, and most importantly, Ivey (right now) has pieces around him that make him even better.

Ivey has been a big surprise, but so have the rest of Purdue’s freshman class. Ivey’s athleticism and game remind me a bit of VO’s. If he improves his 3 point shooting, he will probably move on. My gut tells me he has one more year.

Ivey has been a big surprise, but so have the rest of Purdue’s freshman class. Ivey’s athleticism and game remind me a bit of VO’s. If he improves his 3 point shooting, he will probably move on. My gut tells me he has one more year.
Ya. I'm thinking one more on Ivy. The biggest revelation is Edey. So many people at Purdue were upset with Purdue lost Dickenson after seemingly having him in the bag. In the long run, edey might have been a better get though.

• Haha
Reactions: TrojanFan004
Ya. I'm thinking one more on Ivy. The biggest revelation is Edey. So many people at Purdue were upset with Purdue lost Dickenson after seemingly having him in the bag. In the long run, edey might have been a better get though.

"Long run" is the key word(s) there.

HD is CLEARLY the better player, but he may not be at UM much longer. So in that sense, you may be right. I'll still take the wait and see approach.

Edey will be another great Boiler Big Man though.

"Long run" is the key word(s) there.

HD is CLEARLY the better player, but he may not be at UM much longer. So in that sense, you may be right. I'll still take the wait and see approach.

Edey will be another great Boiler Big Man though.
Definitely. HD could stay 4 years, but given he is basically the same age as most college juniors, I'd have to imagine he will want to go pro.

Reactions: Bill4411
@Boilpotato. To expand on this. IU is getting 8.5 today at home. You throw any team with any freaking grit in IUs exact position today? It is a slam dunk value bet.

IU cements it’s tourney resume with a win today. They could lose by 30 in the last 2 games, and they would still be safely in.

In this league, and college basketball in general, when you have a decent team coming off some embarrassing losses they tend to play with passion and their hair on fire. It is pretty easy to coach up 18-22 year olds to give maximum effort in the thing they love to do the most.

If IU puts forth maximum effort today and plays with the hair on fire passion you have seen from MSU, they will easily cover and will have a chance to win.

MI will lose a game or two down the stretch. MSU will almost assuredly beat them. If we don’t, I’d bet the farm MSU does.

I’ll bet IU today knowing they should cover easy.
oh dear

It is extremely obvious at this point: You can either go to Purdue and play for a coaching staff that will individually set you up for success as the team improves, or you can go to Indiana and wear striped pants as a bunch of old men who have failed in their lives slobber over your recruiting ratings.

That is simply where we are at right now. West Lafayette vs. Bloomington is that discussion.

Trayce Jackson-Davis chose that. Khristian Lander chose that. Armaan Franklin chose that. Let's just call it what it is here.

Trey Galloway had no choice, poor kid. He should have picked Purdue sooner. Instead he is going into the record books for all the wrong reasons.

Rob Phinisee...bruh, you will never live this down for the rest of your life...lol. yikes.

Close. :rolleyes:
Your predictions are those of an inefficient chucker. :cool:
Lander played a little better today... a couple of small strides.
Please do not point to "inefficient chucker" Ivey without including "nothing special" Edey who scored 12 of the final 20 purdue points yesterday. Somewhere is also compared the strength of the combined freshmen classes. Purdue freshmen scored all of the points in the last several minutes of the game. Yet, those who count stars. not results, continue to think they are subpar.

Is there a freshman class in the nation delivering more?

Lander frustrated me yesterday watching the game. But the difference in the offenses is night and day. Lander makes decisions that often don’t turn out, but the margin for error is razor thin.

Reactions: mathboy
Please do not point to "inefficient chucker" Ivey without including "nothing special" Edey who scored 12 of the final 20 purdue points yesterday. Somewhere is also compared the strength of the combined freshmen classes. Purdue freshmen scored all of the points in the last several minutes of the game. Yet, those who count stars. not results, continue to think they are subpar.

Is there a freshman class in the nation delivering more?
Trojan and Jimbo have already secured high seeds. There’s no reason for them to expend valuable idiotic posting in reply to stuff like this. They’re getting ready for the Big Dance.

Last edited:
It is extremely obvious at this point: You can either go to Purdue and play for a coaching staff that will individually set you up for success as the team improves, or you can go to Indiana and wear striped pants as a bunch of old men who have failed in their lives slobber over your recruiting ratings.

That is simply where we are at right now. West Lafayette vs. Bloomington is that discussion.

Trayce Jackson-Davis chose that. Khristian Lander chose that. Armaan Franklin chose that. Let's just call it what it is here.

Trey Galloway had no choice, poor kid. He should have picked Purdue sooner. Instead he is going into the record books for all the wrong reasons.

Rob Phinisee...bruh, you will never live this down for the rest of your life...lol. yikes.
Purdue fans are obsessively jealous of the candy striped warm ups. Don't blame you though. PU has the ugliest uniforms in the Big Ten and they're among the ugliest in the country. How can you stand to wear that baby crap yellow?

Purdue fans are obsessively jealous of the candy striped warm ups. Don't blame you though. PU has the ugliest uniforms in the Big Ten and they're among the ugliest in the country. How can you stand to wear that baby crap yellow?
Funny, I always imagine that Troj and Jimbo are wearing their clown pants while providing us all with their basketball wisdom.

Jealousy is not the word I use but there are somethings about the IU basketball program worthy of a second thought or reflection. Clown pants is not one of them. I put them right there with the Iowa candy striped bibs.

Funny, I always imagine that Troj and Jimbo are wearing their clown pants while providing us all with their basketball wisdom.

Jealousy is not the word I use but there are somethings about the IU basketball program worthy of a second thought or reflection. Clown pants is not one of them. I put them right there with the Iowa candy striped bibs.

PU fans have also copied the candy stripes. The women (at least I think they are women) be wearing some XXL overhauls in Mackey.

50e50fd939822.image.jpg (760×504) (townnews.com)

Reactions: TrojanFan004
Lmao what a dumbass statement.
Pretty accurate, I think. I've never even looked at the Purdue's board. Why would I? I'm an IU fan. Seems like spending time on a rival's board is something a jealous and insecure fan would do. You do you. How about answering the question about the baby crap yellow you wear. Ugly, right?

Pretty accurate, I think. I've never even looked at the Purdue's board. Why would I? I'm an IU fan. Seems like spending time on a rival's board is something a jealous and insecure fan would do. You do you. How about answering the question about the baby crap yellow you wear. Ugly, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT