ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take Romeo at either level. Completely disagree on Ivey being more athletic or having a better basketball IQ. There are no stats that backup your assertion that Ivey is a better scorer, passer, or defender.

Ivey is a shorter Romeo with far less length and a worse shooter.

I wouldn’t expect a Purdue fan to know what a good pro would look like since you haven’t had any good pros this century outside of Carl Landry in 07.
Shooting percentage wise, they are basically the same. FYI. Ivy showed he could shoot the three at a high level as the season went on.

Romeo probably would have been better, but he made the mistake of playing for Archie imo.

Shooting percentage wise, they are basically the same. FYI. Ivy showed he could shoot the three at a high level as the season went on.

Romeo probably would have been better, but he made the mistake of playing for Archie imo.
During conference play Ivey was 38% from the field and 22% from 3. Romeo was 42% from the field and 32% from 3 during conference play.

Romeo was the 3rd leading scorer in the freshman class. Romeo had a significantly better freshman year than Ivey.

Reactions: T.M.P. and IULouie
During conference play Ivey was 38% from the field and 22% from 3. Romeo was 42% from the field and 32% from 3 during conference play.

Romeo was the 3rd leading scorer in the freshman class. Romeo had a significantly better freshman year than Ivey.
I'm not saying who had the better season. Simply saying ivy isn't far behind stats wise.

It's also probably not fair to compare conference stats because Romeo had multiple games before conference play. Ivy had a couple. Injuries set him back. He was shooting like 34% from 3 in the final 10 conference games.

If Romeo was the same age as ivy, I'd say they both had high potential. What ivy has going for him is he's ultra aggressive and has a mom that knows the NBA very well. Ivy could end up being a poor man's Ja Morant imo. Long ways to go to be at Ja's level.

I'm not saying who had the better season. Simply saying ivy isn't far behind stats wise.

It's also probably not fair to compare conference stats because Romeo had multiple games before conference play. Ivy had a couple. Injuries set him back. He was shooting like 34% from 3 in the final 10 conference games.

If Romeo was the same age as ivy, I'd say they both had high potential. What ivy has going for him is he's ultra aggressive and has a mom that knows the NBA very well. Ivy could end up being a poor man's Ja Morant imo. Long ways to go to be at Ja's level.
No, you said their stats were basically the same. They weren’t even close. If you want to make injury excuses, Romeo tore a ligament in his shooting hand before conference even started.

You see Ivey’s aggressiveness as a strength while I see it as a weakness. He needs better shot selection, imo.

Far too soon to mention Ivey in the same sentence as Carsen Edwards, let alone Ja Morant LOL.

No, you said their stats were basically the same. They weren’t even close. If you want to make injury excuses, Romeo tore a ligament in his shooting hand before conference even started.

You see Ivey’s aggressiveness as a strength while I see it as a weakness. He needs better shot selection, imo.

Far too soon to mention Ivey in the same sentence as Carsen Edwards, let alone Ja Morant LOL.
But Ivy's play style isn't at all like Carsen's, so why would I mention Carsen?

And yes. His shot selection wasn't great at times, but it got better as the year went on. Ivy as a whole did. I'd rather have aggressive attacking ivy vs off the ball, stand in the corner ivy.

But Ivy's play style isn't at all like Carsen's, so why would I mention Carsen?

And yes. His shot selection wasn't great at times, but it got better as the year went on. Ivy as a whole did. I'd rather have aggressive attacking ivy vs off the ball, stand in the corner ivy.
He’s a lot closer to Carsen than he is to Ja Freaking Morant. I mean year Ivey would be terrible as an off the ball player, because he can’t catch and shoot. Aggressive Ivey still has a long way to go before he is draftable, and he has light years to go before he is Ja Morant.

He’s a lot closer to Carsen than he is to Ja Freaking Morant. I mean year Ivey would be terrible as an off the ball player, because he can’t catch and shoot. Aggressive Ivey still has a long way to go before he is draftable, and he has light years to go before he is Ja Morant.
1. He's a much better catch and shoot 3 pt shooter then shooting off the dribble.

2. If never said he was as good as Ja Morant. Never once. You keep acting like I did. His style of play is comparable.

1. He's a much better catch and shoot 3 pt shooter then shooting off the dribble.

2. If never said he was as good as Ja Morant. Never once. You keep acting like I did. His style of play is comparable.
He’s not a good catch and shoot 3pt shooter. He is better off the dribble, but still poor at that.

He isn’t in the same universe as Ja Morant. He’s a poor man’s Romeo Langford.

He’s not a good catch and shoot 3pt shooter. He is better off the dribble, but still poor at that.

He isn’t in the same universe as Ja Morant. He’s a poor man’s Romeo Langford.
Sounds good. I can't wait for Purdue to have a player that's good enough to walk on at iu.

Umm... what? That makes no sense unless you are talking about Brian Waddell or Braden Smith.
FYI, this is highlighting Ivy's spot up shooting. It's an NBA scoutig report. Never read the site, but it seems legit.

I won't speak on Waddell or Smith's college potential because I haven't seen them play. I do know Smith is balling in aau.

FYI, this is highlighting Ivy's spot up shooting. It's an NBA scoutig report. Never read the site, but it seems legit.

I won't speak on Waddell or Smith's college potential because I haven't seen them play. I do know Smith is balling in aau.
Some random website that no one has ever heard of shows two clips from two games to prove Ivey is a good spot up shooter? I watched every game last year. He was terrible over the course of the season from 3. He was slightly better, but still terrible off the dribble.

Some random website that no one has ever heard of shows two clips from two games to prove Ivey is a good spot up shooter? I watched every game last year. He was terrible over the course of the season from 3. He was slightly better, but still terrible off the dribble.
If you exclude the final 10 or so games, I agree, he wasn't a 3 pt threat.

If you exclude the final 10 or so games, I agree, he wasn't a 3 pt threat.
You are grasping at straws. By the way, in his last 10 games, he shot 29% from 3, not 35%. Not sure why I trusted you to be honest about the stats, but you were wrong. He was still a bad 3 point shooter his last 10 games.

Nope.

baseline times! Lmao! Such a you move to act like it was a credible website you mentioned before though.
And I just provided a USA Today article that said the same thing. Now do the same with a credible source saying Ivey is a good catch and shoot player.

And I just provided a USA Today article that said the same thing. Now do the same with a credible source saying Ivey is a good catch and shoot player.
Lol! What you provided was a lie now an attempt to change topics. Take your L like you routinely do on here and move on. Don’t add the reputation of a liar to what people already think of you here.

Lol! What you provided was a lie now an attempt to change topics. Take your L like you routinely do on here and move on. Don’t add the reputation of a liar to what people already think of you here.
Lol not sure what I lied about, but okay. The point remains that Ivey is a terrible catch and shoot player (or at least he was as a freshman).

Now run along back to GBI.

Lol not sure what I lied about, but okay. The point remains that Ivey is a terrible catch and shoot player (or at least he was as a freshman).

Proof? Besides your eyes. I found an article stating otherwise.

Timeline here

1 - Someone posts an article about Ivey shooting

2 - you call out the site the poster used

3 - I call out the irony in your post bringing up how you did the same thing

4 - you tried to claim you used USA Today

5 - since I remembered making fun of you for that topic before, a simple search through my posts showed the real site you used and outed you as a liar

6 - your credibility continues to tank to new lows as you double down on the same topics that make you nothing more than a joke anyway.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Timeline here

1 - Someone posts an article about Ivey shooting

2 - you call out the site the poster used

3 - I call out the irony in your post bringing up how you did the same thing

4 - you tried to claim you used USA Today

5 - since I remembered making fun of you for that topic before, a simple search through my posts showed the real site you used and outed you as a liar

6 - your credibility continues to tank to new lows as you double down on the same topics that make you nothing more than a joke anyway.
I provided the USA article as further proof in the Blue Blood argument. Now provide further proof that Ivey is a good catch and shoot player.

Try to follow along, Dwight.

You found an article making an assumption off two games. That isn’t proof. He was a terrible shooter last year.
They used those as examples, not write an article on him based off of 2 games. But also, prove the article wrong. Show me.

You found an article making an assumption off two games. That isn’t proof. He was a terrible shooter last year.
Not really. He improved dramatically as the season progressed. He certainly did not look good after he came back from his injury but was pretty damn good during the home stretch for Purdue. I know you described him as "an inefficient chucker" mid-way through the season and at that time you observation was probably valid but not by the end of the year. I think there's a very good chance he will be first team All-Big Ten next year. He's a great talent and you are being silly not to acknowledge it.

They used those as examples, not write an article on him based off of 2 games. But also, prove the article wrong. Show me.
You are the one making the claim. Stop being lazy.

He was a very poor shooter. 25% on the year and only 22% in conference from 3. You lied and tried to claim he was 35% from 3 his last 10 games when in fact he was 29%.

Not really. He improved dramatically as the season progressed. He certainly did not look good after he came back from his injury but was pretty damn good during the home stretch for Purdue. I know you described him as "an inefficient chucker" mid-way through the season and at that time you observation was probably valid but not by the end of the year. I think there's a very good chance he will be first team All-Big Ten next year. He's a great talent and you are being silly not to acknowledge it.
He was 29% his last 10 games from 3. I guess if you want to say he went from shit to below average from 3, then I guess you can say he “improved dramatically”.

I provided the USA article as further proof in the Blue Blood argument. Now provide further proof that Ivey is a good catch and shoot player.

Try to follow along, Dwight.
Yep you provided that when asked what site you used before which was a lie. It’s that simple. Now you’re just making it worse and trying to change it to a topic about a player who will probably go undefeated vs IU in his two year college career before he goes pro

Reactions: johnboiler123
You are the one making the claim. Stop being lazy.

He was a very poor shooter. 25% on the year and only 22% in conference from 3. You lied and tried to claim he was 35% from 3 his last 10 games when in fact he was 29%.
It might have been last 10 big ten games. Might be wrong. I was thinking I saw it somewhere.

But I made the claim that he is a good catch and shoot guy. Provided proof. You disagree because you watched him. Which is apparently more proof than me.

Do you see the lazy claim here? I'll admit mine. Will you?

Yep you provided that when asked what site you used before which was a lie. It’s that simple. Now you’re just making it worse and trying to change it to a topic about a player who will probably go undefeated vs IU in his two year college career before he goes pro
Ivey going to Europe after this year?

It might have been last 10 big ten games. Might be wrong. I was thinking I saw it somewhere.

But I made the claim that he is a good catch and shoot guy. Provided proof. You disagree because you watched him. Which is apparently more proof than me.

Do you see the lazy claim here? I'll admit mine. Will you?
You did not provide proof. You provided an article that analyzed two games.

My proof is that he was a 25% shooter from 3 overall and only 22% shooter from 3 during Big Ten games. You can’t be a good catch and shoot player if those are your numbers. The numbers and eye test back that up.

You did not provide proof. You provided an article that analyzed two games.

My proof is that he was a 25% shooter from 3 overall and only 22% shooter from 3 during Big Ten games. You can’t be a good catch and shoot player if those are your numbers. The numbers and eye test back that up.
Like mentioned above, he developed and became a good, not great shooter by the end of the year. Enough of a threat that you had to cover him.

You can't seriously think Europe is his limit can you?

15-43 = 35% his last 7 games. Thats the last quarter of the season.
Lol you guys are doing everything you can to make the stats work in your favor.

The actual truth is that he had back to back good games against OSU and North Texas where he went 8/20 from 3. You can use those two games to come up with your theory that he got way better as a shooter throughout the season if you want. I’ll trust the much larger sample size that says he’s a well below average shooter from 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT