ADVERTISEMENT

Khristian Lander

sbhamilton

Redshirt
Jul 18, 2006
Just for curiosity, I looked up Khristian Lander's stats at WKU last year. For a 17-16 mid major team, he didn't play many more minutes per game (11.3) than he had for Indiana. 3.2 PPG, 31% FG percentage, 58% FT percentage, more turnovers than assists. Any know more details beyond these stats as to why his game hasn't translated in college after 3 seasons? Amazing how scouting services can be so off sometimes about "5 Star recruits."

Just for curiosity, I looked up Khristian Lander's stats at WKU last year. For a 17-16 mid major team, he didn't play many more minutes per game (11.3) than he had for Indiana. 3.2 PPG, 31% FG percentage, 58% FT percentage, more turnovers than assists. Any know more details beyond these stats as to why his game hasn't translated in college after 3 seasons? Amazing how scouting services can be so off sometimes about "5 Star recruits."
He’s young! You have to give a chance to catch up.

He didn't rank himself. Archie and the Lander camp obviously made wrong decision in his decision to enroll early. I just do not understand why people continue to pile on. I am not saying I feel sorry for the kid, but I probably should feel sorry for the people who get off on kicking a kid who while he is down. Get a top 10 recruit and complain about a kid we missed on years back. This is directed at Lucy, not original poster.

He didn't rank himself. Archie and the Lander camp obviously made wrong decision in his decision to enroll early. I just do not understand why people continue to pile on. I am not saying I feel sorry for the kid, but I probably should feel sorry for the people who get off on kicking a kid who while he is down. Get a top 10 recruit and complain about a kid we missed on years back. This is directed at Lucy, not original poster.
He is proving he is not even a MM! I am directing this and you’re one of the them at all these posters that hype all these players before they ever play a game.

Last edited:
AAU ball is garbage..

Lander did not make a wrong decision by coming out early. Due to the free Covid year, he did not lose any elgibility, he actually gained an extra year of college ball. And during his extra year he was able to practice daily with real B1G players, had one on one focused coaching (not from a high school gym teacher), practiced and played in world class facilities, received top notch medical care, had the benefit of a full time strength and conditioning coach, had meals prepared by nutritionists, and got to live in Btown with about 20,000 college aged girls.

Does anyone really think that he would be a better player today if he had stayed in high school another year? It obviously did not work out for him, and that’s too bad. It’s painfully clear that he’s not a B1G caliber player. The experts got it wrong this time. I wish him well. He seems to be a good guy.

Last edited:
So no MLB pitchers or prospects have been stunted by being rushed to the majors. You can have all the world class stuff you want, sometimes just staying at a natural progression is key. Some of it is psychological. He may of got swallowed up.

• Haha
Reactions: asindc and Lucy01
He is proving he is not even a MM! I am directing this and you’re one of the them at all these posters that hype all these players before they ever play a game.

So what? The rankings are right most, but not all, of the time. Scouts get it wrong from time to time. Shit happens. You point to the anomaly to prove what? Players don't always pan out? Well, no shit Sherlock!

So what? The rankings are right most, but not all, of the time. Scouts get it wrong from time to time. Shit happens. You point to the anomaly to prove what? Players don't always pan out? Well, no shit Sherlock!
Look here, when it happens to IU you should give a shit.

Look here, when it happens to IU you should give a shit.

Well, I don't. It happens to every coach and every team. RMK, Dean, Self. They all have had duds. We have 13 schollies so we don't have to be right every time.

Reactions: Willdog7
Probably. Freshman year he looked like a child. He'll have more opportunity to turn it around this year.
Lander did look very young when he arrived at IU. Even though he skipped his Senior year of high school, he wasn’t much younger than the other Freshmen On the team. He was old for his class.

Reactions: T.M.P.
So no MLB pitchers or prospects have been stunted by being rushed to the majors. You can have all the world class stuff you want, sometimes just staying at a natural progression is key. Some of it is psychological. He may of got swallowed up.

Seriously, come on now.

perhaps you can organize a group to go spit on him.

no doubt that would make you feel much better about life.

better yet, why don't you get a life, and accomplish something positive yourself.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
If enrolling early helps to gain better access to facilities and competetion then why havent more guys done it? I think its clear he wasnt as advertised and being pushed along didnt help.

perhaps you can organize a group to go spit on him.

no doubt that would make you feel much better about life.

better yet, why don't you get a life, and accomplish something positive yourself.
I just reported you to the moderators asking that you be banned from this board. Your response was 100% uncalled for. I didn't attack KL in any way, I asked a very simple, innocent question, about what might be getting in the way of a 5-Star prospect's development as a player. I asked that you get banned from this list until you can learn proper etiquette and not engage in a personal attack against a poster for engaging in respectful dialogue.

• Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
From the moment Kristian Lander showed up on campus he looked like a high school player. And he still does. The reality is that some people peak when they're 18 and some people peak when they're 28.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
I just reported you to the moderators asking that you be banned from this board. Your response was 100% uncalled for. I didn't attack KL in any way, I asked a very simple, innocent question, about what might be getting in the way of a 5-Star prospect's development as a player. I asked that you get banned from this list until you can learn proper etiquette and not engage in a personal attack against a poster for engaging in respectful dialogue.
Ask him to go outside like a real man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT