ADVERTISEMENT

Kaufman Redshirting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I’m sure he “wanted that.” Dude could’ve went to a bunch of schools and got good coaching and plenty of playing time.
He played a ton of minutes in both exhibitions and looked like he was going to be a big part of the rotation. But he's also raw. Painter has redshirt conversations with guys before they commit. He doesn't force redshirts on people.

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

I

I know a few people and heard rumors he’s wanting to make his way to Btown after the Woodson hire.

These aren’t Crystal Ball insiders but they’ve been right on a lot of Indiana bball news.
I hope we’re not too far off from not even entertaining the thought of taking a kid that had to redshirt at Purdue.

Reactions: hoosier48
I don’t think anyone should read too much into this redshirt decision. Painter has wanted to have key freshmen redshirt for sometime. His approach is to get old and stay old. It prepares the kids better for both the academics and the game. A good example is Brandon Newman.

Porkchop lied to him to get the commit.You know it too.
Not sure who porkchop is, but weird you have to insult people to make you feel better. Painter didn't lie to him. Be curious to know what he lied to him about?

Not sure who porkchop is, but weird you have to insult people to make you feel better. Painter didn't lie to him. Be curious to know what he lied to him about?
See my comment above about some potential real speculation about the situation.

Also, I hope your feelings go beyond bball.

See my comment above about some potential real speculation about the situation.

Also, I hope your feelings go beyond bball.
Oh. They do. I just think it's hilarious. I don't take much in that speculation. Not sure what that has to do with kaufman playing 2 exhibition games then deciding to redshirt.

I don’t think anyone should read too much into this redshirt decision. Painter has wanted to have key freshmen redshirt for sometime. His approach is to get old and stay old. It prepares the kids better for both the academics and the game. A good example is Brandon Newman.
Has Brandon Newman played 5 years at Purdue?

Reactions: Bligedy
You think when he was recruiting him he said “we are likely going to redshirt you as a freshman “? Anyone with a brain could see your front court was full.

Looks like Purdue's that good..
Top 40 kid ..Cant get minutes...
I'd question top 40 though...He got man handled by two 6"1 kids from Connersville in the Regional....
Idk..
Who cares..

Last edited:
You think when he was recruiting him he said “we are likely going to redshirt you as a freshman “? Anyone with a brain could see your front court was full.
Who said Painter went up and said you are redshirting? The only time Painter says I'm redshirting you is when he recruits you with the notion that you will redshirt. See Waddell for details. Painter doesn't recruit guys and get them to practice, then say you are redshirting after they are on the team.

Who said Painter went up and said you are redshirting? The only time Painter says I'm redshirting you is when he recruits you with the notion that you will redshirt. See Waddell for details. Painter doesn't recruit guys and get them to practice, then say you are redshirting after they are on the team.
Obviously that’s what he did with Kaufman. Are you trying to say he pitched redshirting him while he was recruiting him?

Obviously that’s what he did with Kaufman. Are you trying to say he pitched redshirting him while he was recruiting him?
Nope. Not saying he pitched it. But also not saying Painter is forcing it on him. They probably sat down and talked about what this year will look like for kaufman and then let kaufman make the decision on what he wanted to do. Same he did with Newman.

A real life lesson here. Not all pork chops are cut the same.

I

I know a few people and heard rumors he’s wanting to make his way to Btown after the Woodson hire.

These aren’t Crystal Ball insiders but they’ve been right on a lot of Indiana bball news.

Well there are a ton of minutes to be had there based on the current talent level

Nope. Not saying he pitched it. But also not saying Painter is forcing it on him. They probably sat down and talked about what this year will look like for kaufman and then let kaufman make the decision on what he wanted to do. Same he did with Newman.
“Hey I’m not going to play you much this year. You can either redshirt or not, but you won’t be playing much. I want to be clear though that the choice is yours”.

Painter redshirted Newman in a year where his guards were pathetic. Big mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
“Hey I’m not going to play you much this year. You can either redshirt or not, but you won’t be playing much. I want to be clear though that the choice is yours”.

Painter redshirted Newman in a year where his guards were pathetic. Big mistake.
Whatever conversation you need to make up to help you sleep better at night I guess.

Reactions: Bill4411
Whatever conversation you need to make up to help you sleep better at night I guess.
Lol it doesn’t go any other way. No chance Kaufman accepts being behind Gillis and Furst without some convincing by Painter. It was a dumb move to go to Purdue just as it was for Newman.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
Lol it doesn’t go any other way. No chance Kaufman accepts being behind Gillis and Furst without some convincing by Painter. It was a dumb move to go to Purdue just as it was for Newman.
Why was it a dumb move to go to Purdue? A place where they can develop, contribute, and win?

Why was it a dumb move to go to Purdue? A place where they can develop, contribute, and win?
He’s behind a guy in his grade and a guy in the class before him. If he hasn’t passed them now, how will he pass them next year? Or the year after? Painter also doesn’t produce successful NBA players, so for a top 50 guy, it was a bad choice.

He’s behind a guy in his grade and a guy in the class before him. If he hasn’t passed them now, how will he pass them next year? Or the year after? Painter also doesn’t produce successful NBA players, so for a top 50 guy, it was a bad choice.
So, I'm assuming you agree TJD and Lander made a bad decision? Usually top 50 guys want to play in the tournament and that might not happen for either.

Reactions: atkohout
So, I'm assuming you agree TJD and Lander made a bad decision? Usually top 50 guys want to play in the tournament and that might not happen for either.
Lol TJD made a bad decision? He was an All American as a Sophomore, and a preseason 1St team All American as a Junior. What a clown take.

Lander did make a bad decision leaving high school early.

Lol TJD made a bad decision? He was an All American as a Sophomore, and a preseason 1St team All American as a Junior. What a clown take.

Lander did make a bad decision leaving high school early.
The clown take is thinking Trey's mutual decision was a bad one.

Now the clown take is thinking your leader would rather have self accolades over his teams success. You're truly a clown!

Not sure I’ve heard of a top 40-50ish recruit redshirting. It’s probably happened though

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT