ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas Game Thread

A win. I’m tired of losing to the blue bloods. Decades ago I never even thought about being an unranked underdog at home. Earlier today - watching the IU-Kansas replay - I almost missed Crean for a second. Man could our guys shoot the 3!

Friendly whistle.

Mgbako to keep putting up shots.

Trey to find the bottom of the net from outside.

Gunn to come to play against McCullar.

Cupps to dish 6/7 assists.

Some easy transition points.

Some offensive rebounding for put back dunks and open threes.

Just win baby!

Good to see Galloway coming to play today. He is getting to the rim and that’s where he is most comfortable. I don’t expect him to play at that same level in 2H. Good that we kept lead despite MR going out with 8 to play due to foul trouble. Ware a relative non factor. Banks with some stupid fouls. We are going to have to play another 20 minutes of being locked in. Kansas is not going to back down and anticipate them coming out hard the first 4 minutes. Great 1H for IU.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Dick still with 0 fouls! Dude gets away with murder! I just want someone to punch that dipsht in the vag!
Foul called when he was stuck under basket on Mbacko. That was but a foul. Then the fast break by I believe Murphy where a foul was called on Cupps. No one, including Cupps, even touched him. Really poor officiating on some fouls. Second foul on MR was BS. If anyone should have been called, it was Hunter D.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Ware needs to get going. He’s the only starter not producing on the offensive end. He’s been pretty stout on D though.

Good to see Galloway coming to play today. He is getting to the rim and that’s where he is most comfortable. I don’t expect him to play at that same level in 2H. Good that we kept lead despite MR going out with 8 to play due to foul trouble. Ware a relative non factor. Banks with some stupid fouls. We are going to have to play another 20 minutes of being locked in. Kansas is not going to back down and anticipate them coming out hard the first 4 minutes. Great 1H for IU.
Running zoom for him. He’s been the match up problem for them. Kansas guards are overrated too. Mbako has hurt them too. Not sure you can say Ware is a non factor. Dude has 9 boards and some nice assists.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Running zoom for him. He’s been the match up problem for them. Kansas guards are overrated too. Mbako has hurt them too.
IU needs to rebound like their lives depend on it and lock down on defense. If we do that in 2H, we win. Also, limit turnovers. Had 9 in 1H and did not hurt us too bad.

Officiating will be key for the second half. Self knows they’re not shooting well so he’s telling them to drive to the rim & jump into someone every time.

IU needs to rebound like their lives depend on it and lock down on defense. If we do that in 2H, we win. Also, limit turnovers. Had 9 in 1H and did not hurt us too bad.
Turnovers are the only thing keeping this as close as it is. Winning every other part of the game. Maybe hit free throws better.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Turnovers are the only thing keeping this as close as it is. Winning every other part of the game. Maybe hit free throws better.
10 turnovers and we're still in control....gottta value the ball more.

Getting jobbed by the refs big time!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT