ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

Maybe not the national level, but Purdue is the all time winning team in Big Ten History, 25 Conference championships. Should be favored to win No. 26 next year! Have won more games than any other team in the Big Ten history 1912 to IU 1909. Have a winning record against all teams in the Big Ten. Purdue is 1912 W vs 1058 L . IU is 1909 w vs 1106 L. Thats Purdue at winning % .644, IU at .633 winning %! So yeah, Purdue is no. 1 of all teams in BT history! Purdue has a proud program if you look at their history! With the best overall record in BT history! Congrats on your 5 NC's, but Purdue earned the NO. 1 spot in BT History!
More than half of those B1G championships occurred prior to the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor. Please sit down and shut up.

Purdue is scheduling a game in Toronto next year. That sure makes it sound like they expect Edey back.

Over 20 days later and you are still thinking about Purdue.
It’s an IU board, I was catching up on the recruitment stuff. It’s Purdue that chants IU sucks because we live rent free in your head. It’s why you are here, checking in on an IU board, saying stupid $hit.
Worst loss in NCAA tournament history. Swept last year and 3 of 4 (it took a ridiculous foul discrepancy to give you the ONE win you’ve gotten in the past 2 years).
Purdue has 12 B1G championships since Pearl Harbor.

It’s an IU board, I was catching up on the recruitment stuff. It’s Purdue that chants IU sucks because we live rent free in your head. It’s why you are here, checking in on an IU board, saying stupid $hit.
Worst loss in NCAA tournament history. Swept last year and 3 of 4 (it took a ridiculous foul discrepancy to give you the ONE win you’ve gotten in the past 2 years).
Purdue has 12 B1G championships since Pearl Harbor.
Purdue students chant iu sucks at football games. Most wish they'd stop. Hard to stop unorganized chants. Alum have tried to replace it with cancer sucks. I'm here because I enjoy the state of Indiana basketball.

What recruitment stuff is there to catch up on with catchings?

Purdue students chant iu sucks at football games. Most wish they'd stop. Hard to stop unorganized chants. Alum have tried to replace it with cancer sucks. I'm here because I enjoy the state of Indiana basketball.

What recruitment stuff is there to catch up on with catchings?
The guy that responded to my 20+ day old message begs to differ
You really are an idiot. You’ve proven my point. Nobody needs to organize it. IU lives rent free in Purdue fans’ brains. You NEVER hear that at IU sporting events. You know why? Because IU KNOWS that they are the superior program. Everybody knows. Purdue has never done ANYTHING on a national level in hoops. No NCs. Ever.
You‘re here, on an IU board, because your season flamed out spectacularly. The worst statistical loss in tournament history. Own it.
I‘ll not explain the Catchings update for your slow a$$. Figure it out.
Funny how you have no rebuttal for the point regarding the B1G championships you brought up. Purdue will always be inferior to IU in hoops. Now is about the time you start talking about moon landings.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
You really are an idiot. You’ve proven my point. Nobody needs to organize it. IU lives rent free in Purdue fans’ brains. You NEVER hear that at IU sporting events. You know why? Because IU KNOWS that they are the superior program. Everybody knows. Purdue has never done ANYTHING on a national level in hoops. No NCs. Ever.
You‘re here, on an IU board, because your season flamed out spectacularly. The worst statistical loss in tournament history. Own it.
Funny how you have no rebuttal for the point regarding the B1G championships you brought up. Purdue will always be inferior to IU in hoops. Now is about the time you start talking about moon landings.
Making friends again?

it was about 4 years between wins for IU against PU a little while ago.
The current coaching staff is 3-1 against purdue. Woodson used two different game plans for the sweep. We broke the seal and gave teams like FDU a road map for victory.

FDU was in one of the worst rated conferences. So bad that the school that received their automatic bid wasn't eligible after moving to D1 from D2. FDU lost to a team that the year before was a D2 school.

I was here well before this season buddy. But I do hear iu fans say Purdue sucks all the time. It goes both ways.

I have no rebuttal because idc about things I've never seen. I care about relevance. I've been consistent with saying that. Idc if Purdue won a national championship in 1930. Idc that Purdue turned down a tournament bid allowing iu to win one of their banners. Idc that Purdue was a one seed with big dog. It's all irrelevant. That's why I didn't say anything. Why is it irrelevant? Because no recruit is picking iu because they won a national championship 35 years ago. Recruits are picking Purdue and iu because of what they can become. Not what they were. Gene Keady and Bob Knight have nothing to do with the present day.

I don't need a catchings update. I knew it before it was mentioned here. He was never leaving Purdue.

The current coaching staff is 3-1 against purdue. Woodson used two different game plans for the sweep. We broke the seal and gave teams like FDU a road map for victory.

FDU was in one of the worst rated conferences. So bad that the school that received their automatic bid wasn't eligible after moving to D1 from D2. FDU lost to a team that the year before was a D2 school.
JHS was the catalyst that beat Purdue. I said he'd be the reason iu won, if they did. He did it twice. Purdue shooting fell off. Idk what strategy iu exposed. The way to beat Purdue was force them to make threes. That was obvious in November/December. Purdue was just making 3s.

I was here well before this season buddy. But I do hear iu fans say Purdue sucks all the time. It goes both ways.

I have no rebuttal because idc about things I've never seen. I care about relevance. I've been consistent with saying that. Idc if Purdue won a national championship in 1930. Idc that Purdue turned down a tournament bid allowing iu to win one of their banners. Idc that Purdue was a one seed with big dog. It's all irrelevant. That's why I didn't say anything. Why is it irrelevant? Because no recruit is picking iu because they won a national championship 35 years ago. Recruits are picking Purdue and iu because of what they can become. Not what they were. Gene Keady and Bob Knight have nothing to do with the present day.

I don't need a catchings update. I knew it before it was mentioned here. He was never leaving Purdue.
No. Purdue chants it. Own it.
You care about relevance, but you bring up your old a$$ B1G titles that were news before the New Deal.
If you care so much about relevance, then how about losing 3 of the last 4? That relevant enough?
No? More relevant? How about losing to the statistically worst team in NCAA history? That relevant enough?

I'll verify that .. as I told you then that you would lose again to mid major guards in the tourney and laughed ... and then it happened, again.

I'm still laughing ... I can't believe anything could be so typically consistently pathetic.
480fccfa3f7b49de17e167fb9f1866e8.gif

Idc if Purdue won a national championship in 1930. Idc that Purdue turned down a tournament bid allowing iu to win one of their banners.
These myths have become dogma among PU fans.

PU did not "win" a National Championship in 1932 (or 1930). They were "awarded" a "championship" trophy years later by a self appointed committee (Helms). If Helms trophies count as national championships, then Notre Dame has two of them.

Piggy Lambert did not "turn down" the 1940 NCAA tournament invitation. PU never received an invitation. There was no automatic bid for the Big 10 champion, or any other conference champion. The country was divided into eight regions, a committee from each region selected a representative for the tournament. The Midwest Region committe selected IU, not PU. IU swept PU that season; the committee decided that IU was the better team at the end of the season.

I really wish PU would win an NCAA tournament. It would bolster the state of Indiana's basketball tradition, and PU fans could stop making sh!t up to soothe their fragile collective ego.

No. Purdue chants it. Own it.
You care about relevance, but you bring up your old a$$ B1G titles that were news before the New Deal.
If you care so much about relevance, then how about losing 3 of the last 4? That relevant enough?
No? More relevant? How about losing to the statistically worst team in NCAA history? That relevant enough?
I didn't bring them up. I'm also not a random student that chants something. I'm in the alumni majority that has attempted to switch it to cancer sucks. Hard to control random unorganized chants that come from students.

PU did not "win" a National Championship in 1932 (or 1930). They were "awarded" a "championship" trophy years later by a self appointed committee (Helms). If Helms trophies count as national championships, then Notre Dame has two of them.

Piggy Lambert did not "turn down" the 1940 NCAA tournament invitation. PU never received an invitation. There was no automatic bid for the Big 10 champion, or any other conference champion. The country was divided into eight regions, a committee from each region selected a representative for the tournament. The Midwest Region committe selected IU, not PU. IU swept PU that season; the committee decided that IU was the better team at the end of the season.

I really wish PU would win an NCAA tournament. It would bolster the state of Indiana's basketball tradition, and PU fans could stop making sh!t up to soothe their fragile collective ego.
Woah! You would be correct. I had only somewhat researched and listened. Thanks for correcting me. I knew iu and Purdue were both good, but didn't realize it came to a tie-break. Thanks for taking the time!

I don't beat my chest over it, but if you are awarded as the best, then you won the award. I could care less about it. In my eyes, Purdue and iu are pretty much the same, but I try to look at relevance. Relevance says no present day recruits have seen iu better than Purdue or visa versa. I get it if you don't like my style. History just is what it is.

Like, look at the colts. Are they a great team? No. They have a fun history (2000-2015), but they are dog butt right now. That's how I see them. No better than the Browns. And the lions are better.

I didn't bring them up. I'm also not a random student that chants something. I'm in the alumni majority that has attempted to switch it to cancer sucks. Hard to control random unorganized chants that come from students.
Alumni chant about IU in both sports just as much as the students. Your story is a myth

Relevance says no present day recruits have seen iu better than Purdue or visa versa. I get it if you don't like my style. History just is what it is.

Like, look at the colts. Are they a great team? No. They have a fun history (2000-2015), but they are dog butt right now. That's how I see them. No better than the Browns. And the lions are better.
I don't remember who posted it, but my all-time favorite post by a PU fan likened present day IU basketball fans to Norma Desmond (for those of you not familiar with the name, google 'Sunset Boulevard'). I think both fanbases are resting on past achievements. With the rise of nil and mercenary players, my enthusiasm for college basketball is waning.

I've been a part of the Hoosier diaspora for many years now. 'Indianapolis' Colts still doesn't seem quite right to me.

And the only football chant I pay attention to is 'E-A-G-L-E-S IGGLES'!

**** that. Let Purdoo fans make up whatever the hell they want to make them feel better. I really wish Purdoo would lose every game they play for the remainder of time.

PUke isn't relevant.

PUke alumni don't chant shit? Pull the earbuds PUker.

I don't remember who posted it, but my all-time favorite post by a PU fan likened present day IU basketball fans to Norma Desmond (for those of you not familiar with the name, google 'Sunset Boulevard'). I think both fanbases are resting on past achievements. With the rise of nil and mercenary players, my enthusiasm for college basketball is waning.

I've been a part of the Hoosier diaspora for many years now. 'Indianapolis' Colts still doesn't seem quite right to me.

And the only football chant I pay attention to is 'E-A-G-L-E-S IGGLES'!
Enjoy your minimus level.

I didn't start the banner shit.... I've spent most of my life seeing iu not be better than Purdue. Most people who have lived a third of their life can say the same. I don't see iu as better than Purdue because I've never seen them do anything to show they are.
A final four and a national championship game (runner up). Those are both things within your lifetime.

Worst loss in NCAA tournament history. In other words, within everybody‘s ever, lifetime.

And yet you’re here. Being the idiot you are. Thanks for sharing.

A final four and a national championship game (runner up). Those are both things within your lifetime.

Worst loss in NCAA tournament history. In other words, within everybody‘s ever, lifetime.

And yet you’re here. Being the idiot you are. Thanks for sharing.
Hey, as long as you know we are all idiots. I love how you keep bringing up FDU like it bothers me. I honestly don't care. They lost a game. Has nothing to do with the future. And the futures is what matters most. I'm just here, hanging out in a thread about a Purdue commit.

But congrats on the runner up like what? 20 years ago? Honestly, I don't even consider the elite 8 that was a lucky shot from a final 4 relevant anymore. But I don't really dwell on the past because it doesn't define a future. Maybe one day you will realize that.

Reactions: DrEss
Hey, as long as you know we are all idiots. I love how you keep bringing up FDU like it bothers me. I honestly don't care. They lost a game. Has nothing to do with the future. And the futures is what matters most. I'm just here, hanging out in a thread about a Purdue commit.

But congrats on the runner up like what? 20 years ago? Honestly, I don't even consider the elite 8 that was a lucky shot from a final 4 relevant anymore. But I don't really dwell on the past because it doesn't define a future. Maybe one day you will realize that.
R.2ffb9dec37df855ec8d0b60ed2f686f6

But what of all your talk of relevant $hit? That only matters when Purdue doesn‘t choke in the tournament like they always do?
You’re just here like a dangling POS because you’re pathetic and know that this place is as close to a blue blood basketball board that there is in this state.
Worst loss in tournament history. That was the end of your season just a few weeks ago. Keep trying to convince yourself you don’t care. It’s why you’re here.
Rent free.

But what of all your talk of relevant $hit? That only matters when Purdue doesn‘t choke in the tournament like they always do?
You’re just here like a dangling POS because you’re pathetic and know that this place is as close to a blue blood basketball board that there is in this state.
Worst loss in tournament history. That was the end of your season just a few weeks ago. Keep trying to convince yourself you don’t care. It’s why you’re here.
Rent free.
No. That loss was embarrassing and relevant. I just don't care about it. It took me 10 minutes to move forward and quit dwelling on it. No reason to still get upset by it. Past doesn't change the future. Can I control it? No. Can I use it as an opportunity to better myself? No. Does it impact me? No. Should i look back or forward? Forward if I want constant improvement and to reach my personal goals. I can look back over the past 5 years and say damn, I've come a heck of a long way in my life and career, but thats it, as I have way more to accomplish. You know what they say, fail forward. Why did Musk buy Twitter? To prove to himself that his first failure was a good idea. It is not why I'm here though. Don't lie to yourself.

Is me being here "rent free" different from you continuing to click on a title about a Purdue recruit on the same iu board? Seems like said Purdue commit is living rent free in your head. And there have been plenty other Purdue threads on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT