ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Smith is now a Razorback!

Best wishes for a good guy and a good student. Fayetteville is in the middle of absolute nowhere though.

It's a good spot for him. The SEC is a great conference for him to use his best advantage, his athleticism.

Justin always had great transition numbers, problem was we didn't run much in the Big Ten (more like the conference is more of a plodding, beefy, goony half court game that limits transition opportunities).

Reactions: cryano
The town was a shithole the last time I went. The culture in the area was kind of backward.

When was that? Northwest Arkansas is approaching 600,000 people now. Walmart money has really done a ton for the area in the last 10-15 years and it constantly makes "top 5 best place to live" lists. Best mountain biking trails of anywhere in the country outside of the west coast.

20,000 in attendance and top of the line facilities, Arkansas places more emphasis on basketball than most SEC schools. It can get as loud as anywhere when the Hogs are good (which unfortunately we've been mediocre for the most part since the 90's but I'm excited about Muss).

skyline_02_2019.jpg

When was that? Northwest Arkansas is approaching 600,000 people now. Walmart money has really done a ton for the area in the last 10-15 years and it constantly makes "top 5 best place to live" lists. Best mountain biking trails of anywhere in the country outside of the west coast.

20,000 in attendance and top of the line facilities, Arkansas places more emphasis on basketball than most SEC schools. It can get as loud as anywhere when the Hogs are good (which unfortunately we've been mediocre for the most part since the 90's but I'm excited about Muss).

skyline_02_2019.jpg
Touché! It’s been 19-20 years ago. My college roommate was from Springdale. It was not nice at that time.

Last edited:
I guess Justin will miss the metropolis of Bloomington.
Dude, Laffyville reeks of rancid fat girl smegma and pig shit..

Of all the fans in all the world making fun of another university town.

Y'all sure in the **** ain't the one.... Go milk a coed and STFU.

I guess Justin will miss the metropolis of Bloomington.

You should visit some time. Btown is a tremendous college town. Culturally rich and diverse. Broad range of dining options including many authentic ethic cuisines. Tremendous bar and live music scene. Theatre, arts, lecture series etc. Broad range of successful sports in state of the art facilities.

All wrapped around a world class university on one of the two or three most beautiful campuses in the country.

So yeah,,,he might miss that. Anything else dickhead?

I’m happy for the kid. He’ll likely get a lot of PT and a conference that probably fits him better. And Arkansas has been a better program than IU the last 4-5 years.

I’m happy for the kid. He’ll likely get a lot of PT and a conference that probably fits him better. And Arkansas has been a better program than IU the last 4-5 years.

Pissed he passed on the boilies?

I’m an IU grad who had a daughter who went to PU. First of all she is not fat and does not smell like pig shit. She was home coming court , and prom court in high school. She was in the top 20 in her class so she had brains to go along with good looks. Now that I’m through bragging I’ll admit I wanted her to go to IU, but she chose a different course . For that reason I had to visit PU . I think PU is a very good school , with a nice campus . After graduation she had a very good education , and got a good job . So those kind of comments , are about as moronic as PU students chanting IU sucks at every one of their sporting events. I still won’t cheer for PU , but I think the state of Indiana is lucky to have 2 great schools in the big 10. On a final note she married an IU grad , which made her dad happy.

I’m an IU grad who had a daughter who went to PU. First of all she is not fat and does not smell like pig shit. She was home coming court , and prom court in high school. She was in the top 20 in her class so she had brains to go along with good looks. Now that I’m through bragging I’ll admit I wanted her to go to IU, but she chose a different course . For that reason I had to visit PU . I think PU is a very good school , with a nice campus . After graduation she had a very good education , and got a good job . So those kind of comments , are about as moronic as PU students chanting IU sucks at every one of their sporting events. I still won’t cheer for PU , but I think the state of Indiana is lucky to have 2 great schools in the big 10. On a final note she married an IU grad , which made her dad happy.
Did they teach you how to use a simple quote function?

I mean it's one click of a mouse or a single tap of the finger..

Gross incompetence should never be rewarded. To the back of the line you go.

TD DR

btw - Your daughter.... anything in a two piece?

and why did you name her West Laffyville?

Last edited:
IU moves on with younger but more skilled offensive players. Addition by subtraction.

Reactions: Lillyr66
IU moves on with younger but more skilled offensive players. Addition by subtraction.
Not even close to reality. We’ll be ok but it’s not a gain to lose a guy who would’ve played 25-30 mpg.

Great adult response. Anyone who judges an entire school and hundreds of thousands of students, fans, and alumni negatively because they’re a sports rival is an immature child. And to throw out those kind of insults is beyond ignorant.

IU and Purdue are both wonderful schools and great for the state. They actually complement each other very well. That said I’ll never root for their sports teams in anything no matter who they’re playing.

Reactions: Jg48
So, Archie is just blowing smoke when he says get old and stay old. Also, I thought Archie was a defensive minded coach? Some of you are just talking in circles to make yourself feel better

You should visit some time. Btown is a tremendous college town. Culturally rich and diverse. Broad range of dining options including many authentic ethic cuisines. Tremendous bar and live music scene. Theatre, arts, lecture series etc. Broad range of successful sports in state of the art facilities.

All wrapped around a world class university on one of the two or three most beautiful campuses in the country.

So yeah,,,he might miss that. Anything else dickhead?
Link

They beat us twice. They saw him twice in live games.
Good luck to him. Big loss for us in my opinion.
Go Hoosiers!
A small forward who couldn’t shoot it or handle the ball on drives to the hoop and a poor finisher at the rim. Forgettable as a passer. He could defend at times but inconsistent effort and not
Much of a leader. I’ll go with a developing Hunter and Race T and some of the newbies.

Not even close to reality. We’ll be ok but it’s not a gain to lose a guy who would’ve played 25-30 mpg.
Disagree. He wouldn’t have played that much next season. He only played that much this past season because Hunter was still trying to regain his form after being out so long, Race was still developing, and we had no other options. IMHO he transferred because he was smelling a reduction in minutes and shots coming his way. Spinning this as some type of great loss to our team makes little sense.

Disagree. He wouldn’t have played that much next season. He only played that much this past season because Hunter was still trying to regain his form after being out so long, Race was still developing, and we had no other options. IMHO he transferred because he was smelling a reduction in minutes and shots coming his way. Spinning this as some type of great loss to our team makes little sense.

Fpeaugh is an idiot but he's right here. Smith was not getting a reduction in minutes. Outside TJD, Smith was our most well-rounded player. That wasn't changing this year. Hunter has miles to go before he's even considered a reliable defender and Thompson is offensively challenged outside 5 feet from the basket. I'd love for both Hunter and Race to step up, and I think we'll see significant improvement, but doubt either of them give you what Smith was going to give you night in and night out on both ends of the floor. I'll be shocked if either of Race or Jerome average 11-12 ppg and 6 rpg next year. That's what you're getting with Smith. Smith didn't leave because he was being pushed out, he left to go play a more perimeter oriented role that he wasn't going to get in Archie's system.

Fpeaugh is an idiot but he's right here. Smith was not getting a reduction in minutes. Outside TJD, Smith was our most well-rounded player. That wasn't changing this year. Hunter has miles to go before he's even considered a reliable defender and Thompson is offensively challenged outside 5 feet from the basket. I'd love for both Hunter and Race to step up, and I think we'll see significant improvement, but doubt either of them give you what Smith was going to give you night in and night out on both ends of the floor. I'll be shocked if either of Race or Jerome average 11-12 ppg and 6 rpg next year. That's what you're getting with Smith. Smith didn't leave because he was being pushed out, he left to go play a more perimeter oriented role that he wasn't going to get in Archie's system.
Good evaluation, especially on fpeaugh, but I don't get perimeter player part. I thought Smith is/was a poor outside shooter. How will he fit in a perimeter offense?

Good evaluation, especially on fpeaugh, but I don't get perimeter player part. I thought Smith is/was a poor outside shooter. How will he fit in a perimeter offense?

I don't necessarily think he will, but that's a role he wanted and role I'm sure Musselman is willing to give Smith. Musselman as a former NBA coach plays an NBA style offfense (4-out/1-in) with some tempo.

Reactions: cryano and Jg48
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT