ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Smith down to IU and Villanova

Why wouldn't CTC...Wilkes would be accepted as well if he made his commitment by now...the fact that Wilkes is still parading his stardom around shows CTC the level of earnest he has for playing for IU

Reactions: IU Hardcore
If he committed this weekend, would Crean accept it?
IU has been more successful with players who were committed to IU at an early stage. They more get some late talent surprises but these types of players have not always been as impactful for IU even though they may be more talented.

Reactions: cheyennemtnman
Maybe from your perspective...but from a 5 star HS player's perspective that just may not be true...

Or it could be that everyone that has reported on Wilkes recruitment has said that it has no bearing on it.

If that were the case, why does he have Xavier and UCLA, both in his final group, who already have small forwards COMMITTED to those respected schools, in his final 5?

Reactions: Hoosier in Tokyo
Or it could be that everyone that has reported on Wilkes recruitment has said that it has no bearing on it.

If that were the case, why does he have Xavier and UCLA, both in his final group, who already have small forwards COMMITTED to those respected schools, in his final 5?
Are they other 4 star or 5 stars small forwards?

Are they other 4 star or 5 stars small forwards?

Does it truely mattet what star they are? Who was rated better last year, OG or Morgan? Who got more playing time?

Kris thinks hes better than all the other sf out there. He's not worried about Justin Smith taking his minutes.

And to answer your question, yes X and UCLA both have 4 star SF committed.

Does it truely mattet what star they are? Who was rated better last year, OG or Morgan? Who got more playing time?

Kris thinks hes better than all the other sf out there. He's not worried about Justin Smith taking his minutes.

Strong forward or small forward? Because Jared Ridder their 6' 5" commitment is a different variety than Wilkes and would not compete for minutes...a three star

Last edited:
One is 6'5, 200 lbs.

The other is 6'7, 210 lbs.

Never seen either play so i dont know about that.

For reference, Justin Smith is listed at 6'6, 200 lbs.

Strong forward or small forward? Because Jared Ridder their 6' 5" commitment is a different variety than Wilkes and would not compete for minutes...a three star

Naji Marshall is committed there and is a four star small forward. Ridder never entered my mind.

I
If he committed this weekend, would Crean accept it?
I wouldn't count Nova out yet. He was a high school teammate of Brunsons. With Jenkins gone next season, he has a chance to start for them. Less so with IU, especially if Wilkes comes. Guess work at this point.

Who we take Justin Smith or tucker would be the question. I would be happy with either.
Class of: Durham, Wilkes, Smith and Waters would be solid.

Maybe from your perspective...but from a 5 star HS player's perspective that just may not be true...
I brought up the same thing on the other site about Wilkes and Smith being similar players. People over there who seems to know about recruiting says that if we get one doe snot mean we wouldn't get the other.

Why wouldn't CTC...Wilkes would be accepted as well if he made his commitment by now...the fact that Wilkes is still parading his stardom around shows CTC the level of earnest he has for playing for IU
". . . parading his stardom around . . ." by visiting schools he's interested in attending. That's a myth at best but, as everyone knows, it's really just a lie on your part. What a complete joke you are.

Reactions: Rakkasan29

You hit it dead on. What they are rated only matters to people who are willing to pay for the ratings. I hope the coaches are looking for themselves and the players better believe in themselves.

You complain about posters who high jack threads with their negativity but you do the same thing when you try to call out posters.

I rarely complain about posters hijacking threads, but I did in the woman's team thread. I want to understand if one of the chief anti-Crean posters here is consistent. Seems more than appropriate.

But you are right, I hijacked this thread. I am guilty of it. If theSpa, Tas and the rest of the brigade could stop hijacking other threads life would be better, but I'll take the blame on this one.

Last edited:
I rarely complain about posters hijacking threads, but I did in the woman's team thread. I want to understand if one of the chief anti-Crean posters here is consistent. Seems more than appropriate.

But you are right, I hijacked this thread. I am guilty of it. If theSpa, Tas and the rest of the brigade could stop hijacking other threads life would be better, but I'll take the blame on this one.
No doubt but no need to stoop to their level.

Reactions: nitro1947

Please inform us all of which threads I have "hyjacked" . . .

Do you have the rest of the day free to read the list???

Because it would take that long.
If I bother you - or anyone else that badly - please do us all a favor.

Put me on ignore. I'm serious.

At some point in time there has to be an acknowledgment of the issues this program has. If you want to ignore them, fine - then please set me to ignore, also.

Thanks in advance.

Seems to be a lot of rumors that Smith is announcing something tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT