ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw an article Caitlin Clark and Conner McCaffery are dating..

I don’t watch wnba but I would make an exception to see how the pushing, whining, flopping and shrieking in the face of officials act plays at that level.
Diana Taurausi has done it for over 2 decades, and at a higher level of drama queen.

Think its funny when people say she is a me me me type player.

She is 5th all time in career assists. Has averaged 7 rebounds per game for her career as a guard.

And so many people want her to walk around with her head down and be “aw shucks”.

She SHOULD be the cockiest player on the floor! She is the best in the game.
"Think its funny when people say she is a me me me type player."

As she runs directly to the crowd with her arms up after making a game winning shot.... INSTEAD OF GOING TO HER TEAMMATES!!!!

Reactions: Bucket Getter
"Think its funny when people say she is a me me me type player."

As she runs directly to the crowd with her arms up after making a game winning shot.... INSTEAD OF GOING TO HER TEAMMATES!!!!
That’s exactly who she is. Believes it’s 100% about her. Teammates are necessary evils. And if you really pay attention to the other players, they don’t seem all that fond of her either. Gotta remember, these are all girls who grew up dreaming of starring in big games at big universities in big tournaments. They've worked tirelessly for years to achieve stardom. But now CC is the only one anybody cares about. The rest are now invisible. Sucks for them no matter how far the team goes. No recognition at all.

Reactions: Tscurlo
LeFlop James for starters ?

After watching guys like Bird and MJ operate in the lane vs the Pistons for years...knowing what was waiting for them..I just laugh watching Lebron throwing himself around like an abused rag doll.
Just because I can pile on some NBA critiques:

- Load mgmt and not trying in the all-star game bugs me. Fans pay a lot to watch games, and their attendance and viewership makes the TV and sponsor deals possible for your the mega player contracts. Show some respect and play and try hard for the paying fans. MJ always said he felt an obligation to the fans that came to see him.

- Players have great talent, but the rules are skewed too much for the offense. The gather step is non-sense. The offense constantly getting calls when they initiate contact is nonsense. Come on now.

- Would it kill the NBA to not hate their small market teams? It’s sort of a collective attitude. NFL is so much better with this — Buffalo has as much of a chance as the Rams or Giants.

Anyways, I’m done shouting into the void.

- Load mgmt and not trying in the all-star game bugs me. Fans pay a lot to watch games, and their attendance and viewership makes the TV and sponsor deals possible for your the mega player contracts. Show some respect and play and try hard for the paying fans. MJ always said he felt an obligation to the fans that came to see him.

- Players have great talent, but the rules are skewed too much for the offense. The gather step is non-sense. The offense constantly getting calls when they initiate contact is nonsense. Come on now.

- Would it kill the NBA to not hate their small market teams? It’s sort of a collective attitude. NFL is so much better with this — Buffalo has as much of a chance as the Rams or Giants.

Piling on, there is not one player in the NBA that can dribble without palming on every bounce. What passes for a cross over is a carry AND a travel by the rules. You can beat on the bigs, but SFs down if you breath on them its a foul. We are nearly back to 70s shit quality NBA games, before Bird and Magic saved the league.

Piling on, there is not one player in the NBA that can dribble without palming on every bounce. What passes for a cross over is a carry AND a travel by the rules. You can beat on the bigs, but SFs down if you breath on them its a foul. We are nearly back to 70s shit quality NBA games, before Bird and Magic saved the league.
Yea, that too.

Imo all this actually reduces the talent showcase. When players are dribbling correctly it’s amazing vs acting like running backs taking three steps and euro-ing from 20ft to the basket.

Also when teams score so much it’s less special when a bucket is made.

Reactions: MichaelRR

the NBA all star game is a joke. Defense is not allowed. For me, it's completely unwatchable. I see better games (by far) at my gym on Saturday mornings between us 50 some yr old has-beens.

the NBA all star game is a joke. Defense is not allowed. For me, it's completely unwatchable. I see better games (by far) at my gym on Saturday mornings between us 50 some yr old has-beens.
I see these same players in Drew League or LA Fitness pick-up playing actual bball. And no one has ever been injured in the all-star game. SMH.

I see these same players in Drew League or LA Fitness pick-up playing actual bball. And no one has ever been injured in the all-star game. SMH.
Saturday AM dad-ball at LAF....that would be me. And yes...we actually play what us old timers see as 'real' basketball. No one wants to lose, and have to sit there getting cold for an hour until our team is back up. So, we play defense and rebound like our lives depend on it. (cue up Glory Days by Springsteen in the background). And yes....there is an occasional injury. But we're getting old....part of the risk.

Saturday AM dad-ball at LAF....that would be me. And yes...we actually play what us old timers see as 'real' basketball. No one wants to lose, and have to sit there getting cold for an hour until our team is back up. So, we play defense and rebound like our lives depend on it. (cue up Glory Days by Springsteen in the background). And yes....there is an occasional injury. But we're getting old....part of the risk.
Do it while you can!

Funny the older I get the more fundamental I have to be to make it against the younger and stronger kids.

Put her alongside Grace. Berger would absolutely make Clark better by putting the ball where it needs to be and when.
I hope the Fever don't trade G. Berger. I think those 3 could get Indiana back to relevance.. ( including A. Boston)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT