ADVERTISEMENT

just ONE game. IU is having a good season

tjreese

Senior
Sep 27, 2008
and may continue to have a good season. IU gets Purdue in three weeks and may repay Purdue then.

No, its 7 years of the same patterns and mistakes

That is the problem. It isn't just one game. Its many, many games.

That's the third game like that in conference games, eh?

MSU, Ohio ST. and PUkes.

that is your team and for all of you to debate. I was just

suggesting that you get a chance at payback in a couple of weeks and that next game counts the same in the W-L . Same with Purdue. Lose to NW and they don't build on the win. Many games left. I'm guessing that 75% of the fouls that were called were when people were dribbling. I know in the first half that was the case. I hate that aspect of the game, but it is what it is and since that is the way it is called...many games typically has that as an IU advantage. Last night Hammons defended the glass and that allowed tighter D. Purdue controlled the temp and that left less quick downs and early threes. Purdue never helped off shooters a lot and so they were guarded.

Next game it may be entirely different and I certainly wouldn't bet against IU at home when they play Purdue. If I'm an older IU fan that liked Knight's game...I'm probably not happy with Crean. If I'm a youngster that likes the 3 and hi flying dunks...I'm happy with Crean...and then there are those that don't fit either.

THIS game was but ONE game and if you what to discuss a pattern you see...you don't need a Purdue person in your mix without being asked...

I'm guessing that all those teams made you play D

in the half court and cut your transition and conversion baskets down...by getting to the rim and not taking a lot of long shots?

AND we only beat O$U the first time because Matta is an awful coach.

It took him until the final ten minutes to realize they could bury us inside... and had he figured it out two minutes earlier, we may have lost.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: You're spot on.....

.....this next IU-PU matchup could be a reversal. Seen it so many times over the years.
IU and Purdue have both had games this season in which they look like completely different teams one game to the next.
Such is life in the B1G at home and on the road.

Maybe...Maybe not.

I look at the standing and I see 15-6 and 5-3. I see six teams with 3 losses, which means, in the loss column we are either tied for 3rd or tied for 8th depending on your perspective. So those preseason prognostications may not have been too far off...although we all hope they were.

I realize you are a Purdue guy, but you have to feel pretty confident going into the next game. The blueprint is right there in your hands.

What would make me feel confident about our strategy against Purdue?

Re: Maybe...Maybe not.

Same patters we saw in year one we see in year 7. But its just one game and all is well on the iu tourney bubble!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT