ADVERTISEMENT

"Juneteenth: A Global Celebration of Freedom"

Juneteenth is an incredibly stupid name. It's not even a word. How about Emancipation Day? And now we're stuck with his name for the rest of eternity?

Juneteenth's only significance to me was that I didn't know that the post office was closed and I couldn't confirm a doctor's appointment.

I mean, if you couldn't figure out what Independence Day was, it was explained to everyone that it was on the 4th of July.

Juneteenth is an incredibly stupid name. It's not even a word. How about Emancipation Day? And now we're stuck with his name for the rest of eternity?

Juneteenth's only significance to me was that I didn't know that the post office was closed and I couldn't confirm a doctor's appointment.

I mean, if you couldn't figure out what Independence Day was, it was explained to everyone that it was on the 4th of July.
I think you should let black people call it what they want and celebrate it when they want.

No, I said what I think. I also think you should read more carefully.
Well you said "I think YOU should let" so I'm not sure how carefully one needs to read it? Sounds like some of the sentences I said to my two daughters when they were preteen and teens?

Well you said "I think YOU should let" so I'm not sure how carefully one needs to read it? Sounds like some of the sentences I said to my two daughters when they were preteen and teens?
You have it wrong again, sorry.
Okay how about this. I think you two are morons. Happy?

Juneteenth has actually been a legal holiday in Texas since 1980, so it's only new as a Federal holiday. Of course we could look at the various racist holidays still celebrated in parts of the South as homage to the CSA. But I think if we're going to celebrate any aspect of the Civil War era, the day that the last remaining slaves in the South were officially notified that they were free is a pretty good choice to make...

That's too bad.

I think it's a great idea to celebrate this date. While it has its origins in when 250,000 freed slaves discovered they were free, I think it can mean a lot more, such as:

1. A nation that stated it was founded in liberty finally starting to live up to that standard w/r/t black people by eliminating slavery;

2. Honoring the over 600k Union casualties for that cause (even if they weren't personally fighting for it);

3. Honoring and remembering the perseverance of the slaves in this country who were finally freed, not to mention their forbearers who were also slaves.

I find it amazing we've never had such a day for celebration and reflection until recently.

I just ordered season tix to our dirty six flags for my minion. Maybe that. I’m sure this will be a big mistake
For the little one??? For the daughter, I get. But your son is too young to take advantage of 95% of the rides, no?

For the little one??? For the daughter, I get. But your son is too young to take advantage of 95% of the rides, no?
They have a kid’s section but the biggest thing is the train and treats. Trains are his life. I got her one too but honestly not sure she’d want to go with us. Her friends sure. But us? We’ve reached that point

Reactions: BradStevens
When I am President I will delcare one month that will be kind of like the purge. The freaks can stuff all their cultural Marxist clap trap into that month and have a free for all. Preferably a month with nothing else going on like February.

Then we can knock out Juneteenth, pride, LGBT awareness day, black history month in one fell swoop and we don't need to be tortured with stupidity year round.

When I am President I will delcare one month that will be kind of like the purge. The freaks can stuff all their cultural Marxist clap trap into that month and have a free for all. Preferably a month with nothing else going on like February.

Then we can knock out Juneteenth, pride, LGBT awareness day, black history month in one fell swoop and we don't need to be tortured with stupidity year round.
Why is celebrating the freeing of slaves in the U.S. cultural marxism?

Are the Christians and Jews who celebrate Passover and the Exodus also marxists?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

You're an enormous pussy if that stuff actually bothers you.

Reactions: Indyhorn
That's too bad.

I think it's a great idea to celebrate this date. While it has its origins in when 250,000 freed slaves discovered they were free, I think it can mean a lot more, such as:

1. A nation that stated it was founded in liberty finally starting to live up to that standard w/r/t black people by eliminating slavery;

2. Honoring the over 600k Union casualties for that cause (even if they weren't personally fighting for it);

3. Honoring and remembering the perseverance of the slaves in this country who were finally freed, not to mention their forbearers who were also slaves.

I find it amazing we've never had such a day for celebration and reflection until recently.

Imo, the name is unfortunate, and the date is rather random. Apparently 6/19/65 was the date a Union general reminded everyone that the EP had occurred 2 years previously and that it needed to be given effect. Emancipation Day or Freedom Day would have a broader and grander meaning, with the holiday remaining on 6/19.

Little known fact: Kamala Harris' family has been celebrating Juneteenth for 40 years..........

Reactions: BradStevens

You might need more than a month. 🤣 🤣

Always celebrated in Texas by the black folks growing up. Got to go to some great BBQ's over at Kiest Park in Dallas when invited.

Always more of a Texas thing, weird having people outside of Texas making a big deal about it nowdays, but whatever.

Always celebrated in Texas by the black folks growing up. Got to go to some great BBQ's over at Kiest Park in Dallas when invited.

Always more of a Texas thing, weird having people outside of Texas making a big deal about it nowdays, but whateVER

It is weird. That is why Emancipation Day, celebrated on 6/19 each year, would have made more sense.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I just ordered season tix to our dirty six flags for my minion. Maybe that. I’m sure this will be a big mistake

We have season tix to Cedar Point. Have had them for years. Last year, I got off work super early so my wife and middle kid decided they wanted to go over there. We didn't have anything going on that day so we decided to go. We got about 15 minutes from the park and my daughter said she thought it was a holiday that day.

The line to the restrooms were 30 minutes long. Never again. We lasted and hour and a half before we called it quits. It's almost a 3 hour drive there.

We have season tix to Cedar Point. Have had them for years. Last year, I got off work super early so my wife and middle kid decided they wanted to go over there. We didn't have anything going on that day so we decided to go. We got about 15 minutes from the park and my daughter said she thought it was a holiday that day.

The line to the restrooms were 30 minutes long. Never again. We lasted and hour and a half before we called it quits. It's almost a 3 hour drive there.
We’ll just get treats ride the train and log flume walk a bit to wear him out and split. It’s only 20 ish minutes away

That is hell!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT