ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Geromino

Cropper.1

Newcomer
Mar 1, 2020
I guess I spelled his name correctly? Anyways, if you have an eye for talent you have to love this kid. I am so excited to see what he becomes as a Hoosier! In a few years he will be a super star if he stays healthy, is a good kid, hard worker, and all of that. All the people saying that he doesn’t play against anyone is dumb. A, it doesn’t matter. B, that’s not what he coach has said. This kid has it all and as he grows as a player he is going to get so good I don’t think some of you understand.

I guess I spelled his name correctly? Anyways, if you have an eye for talent you have to love this kid. I am so excited to see what he becomes as a Hoosier! In a few years he will be a super star if he stays healthy, is a good kid, hard worker, and all of that. All the people saying that he doesn’t play against anyone is dumb. A, it doesn’t matter. B, that’s not what he coach has said. This kid has it all and as he grows as a player he is going to get so good I don’t think some of you understand.
He could be the next Jake Forrester or Jeremiah April. Time to get excited.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Could be. The point was to highlight the irrational exuberance exhibited by people who have never seen him play.
Great point. I think people who get too excited or too down are both wrong. What I do is wait and see what they do on a college court. As soon as I saw Anunoby on the court I knew he belonged and got excited. As soon as I saw Oladipo I felt the same way. You can just tell if a kid has it or not.

Unless a prospect is a unanimous 5-star, McDonald's All-American, you should never claim a player is destined to become a "super star."

Damezi Anderson is a perfect example.

He was rated as a 4-star prospect out of high school, but played a total of 79 minutes in eight Big Ten Conference games as a sophomore. He hasn't played since earning two garbage time minutes at Michigan on February 16th.

I won't be excited about any prospect until he truly excels in the college game.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
Great point. I think people who get too excited or too down are both wrong. What I do is wait and see what they do on a college court. As soon as I saw Anunoby on the court I knew he belonged and got excited. As soon as I saw Oladipo I felt the same way. You can just tell if a kid has it or not.
I can just tell that Jordan is going to be special as long as he stays healthy and works hard. The kid has all the tools to be a great player and I expect him to be in time. Right now he’s just a kid and starting to get it whatever “it” is? He has the body, athleticism, shot, and touch to be really good in two or three years. He’ll see some playing time next year but it will be year two that he emerges as the best all around player on the team. Trust me, I’m good at evaluating talent.

Last edited:
I can just tell that Jordan is going to be special as long as he stays healthy and works hard. The kid has all the tools to be a great player and I expect him to be in time. Right now he’s just a kid and starting to get it whatever “it” is? He has the body, athleticism, shot, and touch to he really good in two or three years. He’ll see some playing time next year but it will be year two that he emerges as the best all around player on the team. Trust me, I’m good at evaluating talent.

I also have the sense that he could be a special player in time. I would expect him to be somewhat raw as a freshman. I doubt the 'best all-around player' as a soph, but it wouldn't be a total shock. The way he moves and his all-around game remind me of Draymond Green as a young player. Now, I'm not saying he will be as good as DG got.....just that he appears to have an all-around inside-outside game on offense and a certain awareness/anticipation on D that reminds me of Green.

I think his biggest weakness right now, compared to Leal/Galloway, is his handle....

I don't think the Damezi comparison is a good one........I had lots of questions about Damezi coming out of HS........he definitely looked like a boom or bust guy from the start.

Wouldn't that be nice. ;) I hope he's good. If he's Cheany good, we're looking at some outstanding teams next year and the year after.

Cheaney good is obviously unrealistic. Vic as a freshman good? That could end up being a better comp...and it’d be great, obviously. If that happens, and if Lander can reclassify, we’ll make a big jump next year.

It wouldn’t immediately solve all our shooting issues. But it would make our offense more dynamic and versatile. And if Lander is a true 5 star level point guard...combined with what an athletic “Freshman Vic like” wing would add...to Rob, Race, Jerome, and TJD...that would be a very good lineup. Best we’ll have had since Yogi, Troy, Thomas team.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I also have the sense that he could be a special player in time. I would expect him to be somewhat raw as a freshman. I doubt the 'best all-around player' as a soph, but it wouldn't be a total shock. The way he moves and his all-around game remind me of Draymond Green as a young player. Now, I'm not saying he will be as good as DG got.....just that he appears to have an all-around inside-outside game on offense and a certain awareness/anticipation on D that reminds me of Green.

I think his biggest weakness right now, compared to Leal/Galloway, is his handle....

I don't think the Damezi comparison is a good one........I had lots of questions about Damezi coming out of HS........he definitely looked like a boom or bust guy from the start.
Jordan has a great body and his shot looks pretty good and will only get better. The kid can fly and he’s long. Of course he needs to have normal progression that they all go through and work hard and all of that but man is that kid loaded with talent. I hope CAM gets every last drop out of him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT