ADVERTISEMENT

John Laskowski

My understanding is that the change is not permanent. It is an advertising ploy to introduce their new line of burgers.
I'm not a IHOP (or IHOb) person, so I'm not familiar with their menu. Have they never served burgers before?
Ihop has always served burgers. The "b" is temporary and only to call attention to the new burgers, according to their post.

Thought you were very restrained and mature in responding to several posts that did not show the same qualities. Some people should be in counseling.

Reactions: Upset Alert
IHOP is flipping the P to become IHOb or International House of Burgers. So burger places across the country better beware. IHOb is coming.

Couldn't pay this child to eat there. Not surely which is more deadly - the ambience or the fare.

If you are in the area sometime and like cheesburgers, try the one at the Story Inn Restaurant (southern Brown Co.) called the 1871 Burger (I believe that is the correct year). It comes with a delicious sauce...onion bacon jam.
Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes!

No disdain for chains at all. They have their place. But if I was visiting Bloomington, which I don't get to do as often anymore.

The last place I would go is f*cking McAlisters or the new Culvers that just opened up.

I understand competely.
I don't go to Chicago or Houston to eat at Hardees, but if I'm hungry & there is one on the next corner, I may stop for a quick sandwich.
I myself very seldom eat fast food, & when I do I try to at least be a little selective.
Culver’s is the real deal for a chain. If your in Columbus go south a few miles to Jonesville and have a burger at the Brick. The best you will ever have the pleasure to eat

If you are in the area sometime and like cheesburgers, try the one at the Story Inn Restaurant (southern Brown Co.) called the 1871 Burger (I believe that is the correct year). It comes with a delicious sauce...onion bacon jam.

I go to Story every year for one reason or another...I will. Thanks.

I go to Story every year for one reason or another...I will. Thanks.
FWIW (absolutely nothing), I own The House at Stone Head. It's a tourist home rental that you will pass on your way to Story. It's 5 miles south of HW 46 on HW 135 South, at the "T" and 5 miles from Story.

FWIW (absolutely nothing), I own The House at Stone Head. It's a tourist home rental that you will pass on your way to Story. It's 5 miles south of HW 46 on HW 135 South, at the "T" and 5 miles from Story.
spammer :)

I'm bemused that with all the palaver about Culver's menu items nobody is talking about frozen custard. THAT is what is distinctive about Culver's. Back in the day, the Milwaukee area had "custard stands" scattered all over the area (I worked at one, Zarder's).

Culver's, as a frozen custard + burger restaurant started in the mid-1980s in central Wisconsin. It eventually moved into the Waukesha and Milwaukee markets, outlasting many of the mom & pop "custard stands." They've now spread all over the Midwest. Obviously, they're doing something right. Maybe it's putting the burgers first and frozen custard second. The old custard stands mainly served the cold stuff, with maybe some hot dogs or burgers available...but definitely an afterthought.

I'm bemused that with all the palaver about Culver's menu items nobody is talking about frozen custard. THAT is what is distinctive about Culver's. Back in the day, the Milwaukee area had "custard stands" scattered all over the area (I worked at one, Zarder's).

Culver's, as a frozen custard + burger restaurant started in the mid-1980s in central Wisconsin. It eventually moved into the Waukesha and Milwaukee markets, outlasting many of the mom & pop "custard stands." They've now spread all over the Midwest. Obviously, they're doing something right. Maybe it's putting the burgers first and frozen custard second. The old custard stands mainly served the cold stuff, with maybe some hot dogs or burgers available...but definitely an afterthought.
They've spread farther than the Midwest. They're all over the place here in Arizona

Oddly...I think I know the house...we always go to the beerfest thing in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT