ADVERTISEMENT

Jobs report shattered expectations. Fox wonders….”Is it too good?”

We have some very dumb people in charge of this country when they put programs in place that make people do the analysis you’re talking about.

Those programs ended long ago, and they did a damn good job of keeping people's heads above water during the dark times of 2020 and early 2021. We're now dealing with the aftereffects of all the economic and social upheaval. Some things will be uncomfortable and there will be some sharp edges, but as long as people who need and want to work are able to, then we'll be fine. No matter how you want to poo-poo it, full employment makes all other things possible.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
So I've heard. I think she'd be fun for a weekend.
Ever since Sinema announced she’s bi sexual, I’ve always looked at her through a lens of, would I have a threesome with her? Reason being, she has multiple looks on any given day. Skinny, chubby, nerdy, hot. Definitely freaky. I can’t get a handle on her, but decided I would indeed have a fun weekend with her if the other chick was hot. 😂

Those programs ended long ago, and they did a damn good job of keeping people's heads above water during the dark times of 2020 and early 2021. We're now dealing with the aftereffects of all the economic and social upheaval. Some things will be uncomfortable and there will be some sharp edges, but as long as people who need and want to work are able to, then we'll be fine. No matter how you want to poo-poo it, full employment makes all other things possible.
I am positive the “free money” was a life saver for some. I am willing to bet 50% and more was just extra play money for people. I know our rural areas of southern Indiana might not be typical but a very large majority would tell you if they answered honest the “free money” wasn’t desperately needed.

Was the “free money” you got the difference between you and your wife surviving the last 2 1/2 years and not surviving?

Ever since Sinema announced she’s bi sexual, I’ve always looked at her through a lens of, would I have a threesome with her? Reason being, she has multiple looks on any given day. Skinny, chubby, nerdy, hot. Definitely freaky. I can’t get a handle on her, but decided I would indeed have a fun weekend with her if the other chick was hot. 😂
Tulsi?

Damn, I'm digging my own grave now.

Was the “free money” you got the difference between you and your wife surviving the last 2 1/2 years and not surviving?

The enhanced unemployment and the Trump lump sums allowed us to break even. The Biden money was gravy.

Why does a switch hitter sound so hot with a female and make you puke with male? Maybe not “you” but many males feel that way.
Why is it so hard for you to say, "You know what? Not every single thing with this country is wrong. I think a lot of things are not going great, but I have to admit it's a good thing that people are going back to work and unemployment is so low and job creation is so high. Whatever else I might complain about, I have to admit, those are good indicators."

Why is that so difficult?

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Disagree. The first stimulus was fine. Quick and easy for the most part. The second needed to be more targeted. Most retirees didn't lose a job nor income. Most of them didn't need it. The ARP was overkill and only served to give Biden a feather in his cap.

I posted this report from the SF Fed Reserve Board several months ago and it is wonky and long. But, it evaluates ARP and its impact. Article was from Oct 2018.

Why is it so hard for you to say, "You know what? Not every single thing with this country is wrong. I think a lot of things are not going great, but I have to admit it's a good thing that people are going back to work and unemployment is so low and job creation is so high. Whatever else I might complain about, I have to admit, those are good indicators."

Why is that so difficult?
"You know what? Not every single thing with this country is wrong. I think a lot of things are not going great, but I have to admit it's a good thing that people are going back to work and unemployment is so low and job creation is so high. Whatever else I might complain about, I have to admit, those are good indicators."

Signed
Randy

The enhanced unemployment and the Trump lump sums allowed us to break even. The Biden money was gravy.
I didn’t look at enhanced unemployment as “free money”. It made sense until people started abusing and and no one was monitoring if people were making an effort to get a job.

Like all government programs and tax breaks. Americans abuse them.

Disagree. The first stimulus was fine. Quick and easy for the most part. The second needed to be more targeted. Most retirees didn't lose a job nor income. Most of them didn't need it. The ARP was overkill and only served to give Biden a feather in his cap.

I posted this report from the SF Fed Reserve Board several months ago and it is wonky and long. But, it evaluates ARP and its impact. Article was from Oct 2018.

Your post and your link don't address the point I was making, which was to counter stoll's assertion that the reason the labor market has been so tight is because people have been living off handouts for 2-1/2 years. I actually don't argue with the point that the Biden spending may have had an inflationary effect. As I said, things got shaken to their core. Some specific economic ramifications are to be expected. But again, as long as everyone who needs or wants a job can get one, everything else can be dealt with.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
Ummm...it is Sinema, a dem, who just got carried interest removed from the new inflation bill.
And it's every "progressive" as well as people at both CNN and MSNBC that have criticized her for it. I even wrote a post commenting negatively on it myself, but I'm not sure I ended up hitting the "post reply" on that one. I often find myself writing out a potential post and either getting sidetracked, or wanting to add more later, or just deciding I don't want to post something that blunt.

Sinema is clearly responding to her donors, and she isn't really hiding it. It's disgusting, but she isn't up for re-election and the overall good in the bill over rides the awful aspects of her greed. My hope is the Dems elect enough new Senators to be able to bypass this type of situation. Until then, she has way too much power...

"You know what? Not every single thing with this country is wrong. I think a lot of things are not going great, but I have to admit it's a good thing that people are going back to work and unemployment is so low and job creation is so high. Whatever else I might complain about, I have to admit, those are good indicators."

Signed
Randy
Great, but I shouldn't have had to write it for you.

And it's every "progressive" as well as people at both CNN and MSNBC that have criticized her for it. I even wrote a post commenting negatively on it myself, but I'm not sure I ended up hitting the "post reply" on that one. I often find myself writing out a potential post and either getting sidetracked, or wanting to add more later, or just deciding I don't want to post something that blunt.

Sinema is clearly responding to her donors, and she isn't really hiding it. It's disgusting, but she isn't up for re-election and the overall good in the bill over rides the awful aspects of her greed. My hope is the Dems elect enough new Senators to be able to bypass this type of situation. Until then, she has way too much power...

Again, I appreciate your post, but maybe you should tell your fellow liberal, Hick, to educate himself before he makes ill informed posts. You don't need to tell me that Sinema sold out (as well as Manchin). I knew they would. Both parties are full of POS. I just like the pub POS a little bit more than than the dem POS due to my beliefs.

BTW - are you going to reply to my Warren post showing he was backed by Soros? Or should I assume your non-response was a "thank you" for the info?

And the same for Ron Johnson?

For someone I don't like, you sure do push me to do more research. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Though I appreciate your reply, you then posted a video, edited of course, to validate the description of "sad and pathetic" and your conclusion of being at least pathetic.

I just didn't think the video you linked was worthy of that description when a) Maria noted it was an outstanding report and b) the criticisms by her and Payne were not unusual as they were the same ones echoed on CNBC.

Now, F&F are very partisan and I would expect them to downplay any good news. Just like I know ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and NBC morning shows are very partisan and downplayed any good news for Trump. It goes with the territory.

But Maria and Payne are financial journalists, with Payne actually having worked in the financial industry and Maria has been with CNN, CNBC, and now FOX. So I see them as trying to give the pluses and minuses of a report like this, which was exactly how Sorkin, Kernan, Santelli, Leisman, and the 4 guest panelists described the report.

Finally, I basically agreed with you at the end by stating that Fox would downplay good news for Biden. And I said each media outlet does that and included the audio clip where Wolf gleefully states as the top story at every hour, how Bush's numbers were at an all time low. Both sides do it. And both sides show themselves to be sad and pathetic.

You'll notice I posted at 11:30 pm. That's because it was at that point that I had first seen the video, and when I went to the board intending to start a thread I saw he had already started one...I don't really watch actual tv, except for sports, so I was oblivious to any of this prior to the video showing up in my recommended list an hour or so before I posted it...

It's not like I had been anticipating the numbers. I think I had heard vaguely that they were coming out on Fri and were expected to be disappointing. But I didn't tune in to Fox or MSNBC or anyone to get the numbers. Later on I heard something about the numbers being much better than anticipated, and I was glad to see it. But I hadn't really delved into it that much because I'm not really an economics guy, and a lot of those type of stats strike me as dry. Horrible to admit I know...

But later I saw the video title about Fox downplaying the numbers and that seemed to have more of a political angle. So it piqued my interest and I watched it. And once I did the theme seemed to resonate and I saw exactly what the title implied. It wasn't as much individuals like Payne and Maria, as much as it was the obvious shift in their coverage when the bad news they eagerly awaited never materialized...

It just struck me as blatant, the way F&F set up the whole premise of what was undoubtedly going to be one of their primary themes thru out the day. But after the numbers broke at 8:30 things changed overnight and the honchos sent out new talking points. There was no congratulatory or celebratory comments about the good news. They simply noted that the numbers were much higher than anticipated and then directly pivoted to the new talking point. I thought it was extremely obvious how the new narrative was being communicated, and I actually came here to start a thread and discovered one already existed...

So I read thru the thread, and when you mentioned you couldn't watch the video i thought I'd post the video that brought me here to post in the first place to point out what Hoops (and I) both meant. I thought the days entire routine (as it pertained to the story) was sad and pathetic, but it's not like I followed the story all day. I just thought it was extremely transparent, which imho made it "sad and pathetic". I'm sure all media engage in similar manipulation, but I thought the most pathetic aspect was the fact that it was so blatant and obvious...

Now if you want to get me started on the attempts by the losers in the Kansas primary referendum to attempt to downplay the significance of that loss, that is a subject I am much more interested in. I am extremely excited bout the results I see coming in the midterms and I definitely wouldn't have said that 6 months ago...

• Haha
Your point is valid if all we're talking about is a snapshot in time. But the larger point is the trend. As long as anyone who needs to work can, there's good reason to believe the difficulties we face aren't insurmountable.
So you’re offering hope? Great.

You'll notice I posted at 11:30 pm. That's because it was at that point that I had first seen the video, and when I went to the board intending to start a thread I saw he had already started one...I don't really watch actual tv, except for sports, so I was oblivious to any of this prior to the video showing up in my recommended list an hour or so before I posted it...

It's not like I had been anticipating the numbers. I think I had heard vaguely that they were coming out on Fri and were expected to be disappointing. But I didn't tune in to Fox or MSNBC or anyone to get the numbers. Later on I heard something about the numbers being much better than anticipated, and I was glad to see it. But I hadn't really delved into it that much because I'm not really an economics guy, and a lot of those type of stats strike me as dry. Horrible to admit I know...

But later I saw the video title about Fox downplaying the numbers and that seemed to have more of a political angle. So it piqued my interest and I watched it. And once I did the theme seemed to resonate and I saw exactly what the title implied. It wasn't as much individuals like Payne and Maria, as much as it was the obvious shift in their coverage when the bad news they eagerly awaited never materialized...

It just struck me as blatant, the way F&F set up the whole premise of what was undoubtedly going to be one of their primary themes thru out the day. But after the numbers broke at 8:30 things changed overnight and the honchos sent out new talking points. There was no congratulatory or celebratory comments about the good news. They simply noted that the numbers were much higher than anticipated and then directly pivoted to the new talking point. I thought it was extremely obvious how the new narrative was being communicated, and I actually came here to start a thread and discovered one already existed...

So I read thru the thread, and when you mentioned you couldn't watch the video i thought I'd post the video that brought me here to post in the first place to point out what Hoops (and I) both meant. I thought the days entire routine (as it pertained to the story) was sad and pathetic, but it's not like I followed the story all day. I just thought it was extremely transparent, which imho made it "sad and pathetic". I'm sure all media engage in similar manipulation, but I thought the most pathetic aspect was the fact that it was so blatant and obvious...

Now if you want to get me started on the attempts by the losers in the Kansas primary referendum to attempt to downplay the significance of that loss, that is a subject I am much more interested in. I am extremely excited bout the results I see coming in the midterms and I definitely wouldn't have said that 6 months ago...

It's Saturday night, my wife's not feeling great and went to bed. I'm watching an old Bond movie and perusing the WC.

I didn't ask for your day or why you posted what you did. I would like you to simply acknowledge that both media sides are ultra partisan. Fox is not alone in this. CNN is just as bad and I provided a link to Wolf as an example.

My career is the financial world and I do know stuff and listen/read LOTS of financial info. So I know almost all the financial journalists. Velshi, or whoever he is, just wanted to make Fox look bad with selective editing. And Tucker does the same thing. That is why I never post links from any of them, especially videos, as they are edited to prove nothing, only espouse BS.

It's Saturday night, my wife's not feeling great and went to bed. I'm watching an old Bond movie and perusing the WC.

I didn't ask for your day or why you posted what you did. I would like you to simply acknowledge that both media sides are ultra partisan. Fox is not alone in this. CNN is just as bad and I provided a link to Wolf as an example.

My career is the financial world and I do know stuff and listen/read LOTS of financial info. So I know almost all the financial journalists. Velshi, or whoever he is, just wanted to make Fox look bad with selective editing. And Tucker does the same thing. That is why I never post links from any of them, especially videos, as they are edited to prove nothing, only espouse BS.
Nice attempt, but there is no bigger thoughtless schill than Cosmicbot. He’ll never admit anything that might have an inkling of criticism towards the De s.

Again, I appreciate your post, but maybe you should tell your fellow liberal, Hick, to educate himself before he makes ill informed posts. You don't need to tell me that Sinema sold out (as well as Manchin). I knew they would. Both parties are full of POS. I just like the pub POS a little bit more than than the dem POS due to my beliefs.

BTW - are you going to reply to my Warren post showing he was backed by Soros? Or should I assume your non-response was a "thank you" for the info?

And the same for Ron Johnson?

For someone I don't like, you sure do push me to do more research. 😉

Lol ill-informed? Trump wishes I was ill-informed because he needs more idiots to buy what he is peddling.

Lol ill-informed? Trump wishes I was ill-informed because he needs more idiots to buy what he is peddling.

So you were aware Sinema sold out to protect hedge fund managers and screw the rest of us with her stock buyback tax? You understand how carried interest works?

Yea and I think sinema was wrong.

Lol some dems like sinema are paid off by the rich. Most of the gop is built around helping the rich and have been paid off as well.

Only one party seems willing to help the poor though
🤦🏻 You think the Dems gives fff about the poor? You think any Dem in congress doesn’t do things to benefit themselves? Insider trading isn’t exclusive or inclusive to each party. All shit stinks when you step in it.

• Haha
Yea and I think sinema was wrong.

Lol some dems like sinema are paid off by the rich. Most of the gop is built around helping the rich and have been paid off as well.

Only one party seems willing to help the poor though
It isn't yours that is for sure.

🤦🏻 You think the Dems gives fff about the poor? You think any Dem in congress doesn’t do things to benefit themselves? Insider trading isn’t exclusive or inclusive to each party. All shit stinks when you step in it.
Neither do. One side is just honest about not caring. I guess that's better?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

People with jobs bums Maria out. :rolleyes:

Reactions: UncleMark
She's McMurt's hero.
Don’t let Joe Biden and the Dems do anything. Handcuff them all and things will only improve. Otherwise many will need three jobs to survive.

Jobs and the economy are an odd thing. I spent a few hours at a factory this morning that makes shipping materials. Owner said business is way down and they are hearing same from their many customs. He said the price of cardboard etc is skyrocketing. How things are going seems really industry specific. Tech getting killed. Others thriving. I don’t know. Maybe it’s always that way. What we know is politician joe never had a job. Keep him on lockdown and let the market do its thing

I spent a few hours at a factory this morning that makes shipping materials. Owner said business is way down and they are hearing same from their many customs. He said the price of cardboard etc is skyrocketing.

Been that way ever since the pandemic and the move to buying everything online. I dealt with that the last year I was working a real job. There were also some tariff stuff going on with the US and Canada over timber that impacted corrugated prices as well.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Been that way ever since the pandemic and the move to buying everything online. I dealt with that the last year I was working a real job. There were also some tariff stuff going on with the US and Canada over timber that impacted corrugated prices as well.
Crazy the shit out there. What I wrote wasn’t even accurate. They don’t make shipping materials. They just cut it - inserts etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT