ADVERTISEMENT

Jobs report shattered expectations. Fox wonders….”Is it too good?”

The knock on the trump recovery was that the jobs were shit.

Just like now but I don’t see CNN tripping over themselves with that narrative.

The Border!
The Border!
The Border!

Who can care about the economy, even if it means cheaper crab legs, when the BROWN HORDE is coming!

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Wage growth has also beaten inflation for 12 straight months.

Read an interesting, none related, stat the other day but can't find the article now... 1926 to 2022 saw 47 years of a GOP presidents and 50 years of a dem presidents. S&P growth during the 47 years of of GOP leadership is 9.2%. pretty damn good. The 50 years of dem leadership... 15.3% .

F-cking scoreboard.

Read an interesting, none related, stat the other day but can't find the article now... 1926 to 2022 saw 47 years of a GOP presidents and 50 years of a dem presidents. S&P growth during the 47 years of of GOP leadership is 9.2%. pretty damn good. The 50 years of dem leadership... 15.3% .

F-cking scoreboard.

F-cking scoreboard.
The scoreboard was something like a 40 year high under Biden. One president. That’s the scoreboard. And guess what. He didn’t give away as much as wanted. Manchin blocked him then he lost the house. Joe Biden. A total moron.

• Haha
Reactions: mrhighlife

F-cking scoreboard.
Yeah, but it doesn’t feel good. I know, I know…TWSS.

Plain and simple, republicans are absolutely shitty stewards of the economy unless you’re already rich. They are the equivalent of doing Atkins. You feel great in the short term with super fast weight loss, but you can’t sustain that lifestyle, so you go back to normal eating and you end up fatter than when you started.

Joe needs to cut spending even more but at least he is cutting spending. Unlike Trump who only ever increased it... SCOREBOARD!!!!!!

Cut spending? Are you in a cave? He wanted to create the largest social safety net in history. He has an open border. Those things feed off each other. You think those ten million are stepping into jobs at stifle? If the Dems have control (which is to say the lefties using Biden as a proxy) will spend like it’s 2020 every year. Covid was just a pretense for the spending Biden wanted. Gov. From cradle to grave

Last edited:

Yeah, but it doesn’t feel good. I know, I know…TWSS.

There's a huge disconnect between the perception and the reality. I don't know if it's a messaging issue or if it's just a question of giving it time for the perception to change. The inflation spike in 2022 was a shock to the system that many have yet to get over.

There's a huge disconnect between the perception and the reality. I don't know if it's a messaging issue or if it's just a question of giving it time for the perception to change. The inflation spike in 2022 was a shock to the system that many have yet to get over.
It’s because prices are still elevated. Homes cars groceries gas. So inflation rate slowed but we haven’t caught up. Article after article on what salary is required to get by today.

What I don’t understand is why people think Biden is a boon when he contributed materially to this and the Dems in their own words have said they want the largest safety net in history. Pursuit of same gave rise to the mess. Biden is barely functioning. Scripted questions. Did you see Sage steele’s comments on him re their interview? Did you hear manchin when he said biden is controlled by the far left? We wanted Obama 2.0 and we got something different. An amalgamation of Bernie sanders cori bush and AOC.

Not perception. Reality

Speaking only for myself (as the poorest bastard here), I've been given no other choice.
what annoys me is this notion that Biden is doing anything right. When the Dems had control we saw what he did. Today he’s barely functioning. There was enough evidence to indict him but his brain is mushy peas. He’s coddled in a cocoon to limit public exposure. Biden Harris and the whole lot are virtue signaling dolts. It’s shocking to me how stupid they are. You think an 85 year old Biden has any idea what the country will need? It is okay to simply say this is a terrible administration that left to its own devices will choose what’s worst for the country without fail, but that is still personally preferable to me than someone who tried to cheat the system. I can live with terrible policies over a terrible person. I don’t agree with that sentiment but at least it’s genuine

Now I have to get the girls corralled for a dance where if all goes well friendships will be destroyed, chaperones will be evil, rumors of a fistfight in the bathroom will swirl, orange soda will be served, and the seeds of a crush will be planted. To be young….

Last edited:
Reactions: snarlcakes

Why work one job when you can work two jobs? Thanks Joe.

Also, make sure you’re not born in the United States. It’s a little more difficult to find a job. Thanks again Joe.
Demographics. American birthrates have been very low for a long time. When the Great Resignation happened, there just aren't the numbers of native born Americans.

The Labor Participation Rate is at a 50 year low, those are native born Americans choosing not to work. If Americans retire early, and we have had a low birth rate for a long time, who will take those jobs?

Reactions: UncleMark
Demographics. American birthrates have been very low for a long time. When the Great Resignation happened, there just aren't the numbers of native born Americans.

The Labor Participation Rate is at a 50 year low, those are native born Americans choosing not to work. If Americans retire early, and we have had a low birth rate for a long time, who will take those jobs?
Where are you getting the people missing from the labor force are choosing to retire? Also, what are the negative ramifications to lower and working class Americans? Illegals work mostly lower paying jobs, which suppresses wages for working class Americans. Sure it’s beneficial for the upper classes because they can get a cheaper roof or deck on their houses, but it f#cks over poorer Americans who don’t benefit from those cheaper costs.

Not to mention the increase costs in housing, healthcare, and education as demand increases in those sectors. The 10+ million illegals aren’t becoming doctors, nurses, or teachers any time soon. There are always trade offs.

Where are you getting the people missing from the labor force are choosing to retire? Also, what are the negative ramifications to lower and working class Americans? Illegals work mostly lower paying jobs, which suppresses wages for working class Americans. Sure it’s beneficial for the upper classes because they can get a cheaper roof or deck on their houses, but it f#cks over poorer Americans who don’t benefit from those cheaper costs.

Not to mention the increase costs in housing, healthcare, and education as demand increases in those sectors. The 10+ million illegals aren’t becoming doctors, nurses, or teachers any time soon. There are always trade offs.

As to retirement, at least in manufacturing:

As to hiring illegals, federal law requires I9 forms. No one, not even Trump, enforces it. Recall the huge ICE raids under Trump, no one was charged on the employer end. That would make people enforce I9 requirements.

We still have today a serious worker shortage. Google it yourself. Pay at lower level jobs skyrocketed and are still higher than historical, look at fast food. If people are not working it is largely because of one of 2 reasons 1) choice 2) unemployable - see drug epidemic.

The average fast food wage in Indiana is $16.88/hour, nationwide it is near $20.00. and that is WITH all this foreign born labor :

It isn't just fast food, one year ago manufacturers said they were short nearly 700,000 workers.

On substance abuse:

Estimates of the number​
of additional substance abusers during the pandemic presented here suggest that increased​
substance abuse accounts for between 9 and 26 percent of the decline in prime-age labor-force​
participation between February 2020 and June 2021.​

As to retirement, at least in manufacturing:

As to hiring illegals, federal law requires I9 forms. No one, not even Trump, enforces it. Recall the huge ICE raids under Trump, no one was charged on the employer end. That would make people enforce I9 requirements.

We still have today a serious worker shortage. Google it yourself. Pay at lower level jobs skyrocketed and are still higher than historical, look at fast food. If people are not working it is largely because of one of 2 reasons 1) choice 2) unemployable - see drug epidemic.

The average fast food wage in Indiana is $16.88/hour, nationwide it is near $20.00. and that is WITH all this foreign born labor :

It isn't just fast food, one year ago manufacturers said they were short nearly 700,000 workers.

On substance abuse:

Estimates of the number​
of additional substance abusers during the pandemic presented here suggest that increased​
substance abuse accounts for between 9 and 26 percent of the decline in prime-age labor-force​
participation between February 2020 and June 2021.​

Of course pay has increased, the government increased the money supply by 40% in a short time period. It’s also why we have a “worker shortage”. Wages would increase even more if there wasn’t a flood of illegal immigrants. The “worker shortage” was caused by printing and would work itself out eventually with higher wages if the Government quit printing and cut back.

Of course pay has increased, the government increased the money supply by 40% in a short time period. It’s also why we have a “worker shortage”. Wages would increase even more if there wasn’t a flood of illegal immigrants. The “worker shortage” was caused by printing and would work itself out eventually with higher wages if the Government quit printing and cut back.
Why do we have a worker shortage? Mc was big on "government cheese" causing the problem until it was obvious $100,000 airline pilots didn't quit and stay gone because they received $1800. Yet we have a pilot shortage.

We have I9 laws. There is no indication Republicans have fined fined companies more than Democrats. We have a tool we do not use

More undocumented work in agriculture than other areas. Georgia passed a strong law to block undocumented migrant workers. The result, crops rotted in the fields.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Why do we have a worker shortage? Mc was big on "government cheese" causing the problem until it was obvious $100,000 airline pilots didn't quit and stay gone because they received $1800. Yet we have a pilot shortage.

We have I9 laws. There is no indication Republicans have fined fined companies more than Democrats. We have a tool we do not use

More undocumented work in agriculture than other areas. Georgia passed a strong law to block undocumented migrant workers. The result, crops rotted in the fields.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian

We don’t have a “worker shortage” is my point. We have a printing too much money by the government problem.

How? You think people quit those $100,000+ pilot jobs because they received $1800?
talking-heads-stop-making-sense.gif

How? You think people quit those $100,000+ pilot jobs because they received $1800?
Did they retire? If yes, where did they get the money from? The answer is most likely the stock market. When the government prints - lot of the money flows to the hardest assets. Real Estate, stocks, and etc. There is also asset inflation. Most likely a lot of people in their 50s who own a higher percentage of those assets got to retire early causing shortages in some jobs. It makes perfect sense to see it showing up in jobs that pay well.

For example Bob the pilot is 51 sitting on a 1.5 million dollar portfolio in 2019 and 500k house. Three years later he has 3 million portfolio and a million house. I’d retire early as well.

Edit. The plebs got 1800 to keep them quiet. The upper classes and wealthy got trillions.

Last edited:
Did they retire? If yes, where did they get the money from? The answer is most likely the stock market. When the government prints - lot of the money flows to the hardest assets. Real Estate, stocks, and etc. There is also asset inflation. Most likely a lot of people in their 50s who own an higher percentage of those assets got to retire early causing shortages in some jobs. It makes perfect sense to see it showing up in jobs that pay well.

For example Bob the pilot is 51 and sitting on a 1.5 million dollar portfolio in 2019 and 500k house. Three years later he has 3 million portfolio and a million house. I’d retire early as well.
Don't forget Bob's employer offered him a check to retire early, too, and then turned around and asked the Feds for $50 billion to replace him, which they still haven't done.

Did they retire? If yes, where did they get the money from? The answer is most likely the stock market. When the government prints - lot of the money flows to the hardest assets. Real Estate, stocks, and etc. There is also asset inflation. Most likely a lot of people in their 50s who own an higher percentage of those assets got to retire early causing shortages in some jobs. It makes perfect sense to see it showing up in jobs that pay well.

For example Bob the pilot is 51 and sitting on a 1.5 million dollar portfolio in 2019 and 500k house. Three years later he has 3 million portfolio and a million house. I’d retire early as well.
My 401K didn't come close to doubling. Dang it.

So this all explains Bitcoin, it is all crap except for the huge government spending that allows people to buy it. Take that away, no one can afford Bitcoin and it is useless.

My 401K didn't come close to doubling. Dang it.
You can fudge the numbers, but the overall point still stands. The Nasdaq is up 100%+ since 2019. I think the S&P 500 is close to 100%.
So this all explains Bitcoin, it is all crap except for the huge government spending that allows people to buy it. Take that away, no one can afford Bitcoin and it is useless.
The same works for gold and a lot of Real Estate as well. If Governments didn’t print endlessly you would see a drastic decrease in price for all 3 and income inequality would drop.

However, every Government and Empire in human history has stolen from their citizens, which is why people invest in hard assets. You’re forced to do it. Sound money should increase in purchasing power, which would incentivize people to save in it, rather than monetizing real estate, gold, and Bitcoin. I don’t make the rules. I’m just a sound money crank that people dismiss as stupid. I wish people would listen to us, it’d be a much better world in my opinion.

Who are these people and why should we believe them?
Listen to the vids for Gods sakes!!! And read, it's the Philly Fed and the report they sent out based on payroll and other data. This is cnbc. Cmon man this is ridiculous. Its nuts!

Also stop defending your cause. It has failed miserably zeke. These blue policies are killing this country. Have you been reading the threads? Really? Are you for these criminals, let out on bail killing cops, for immigrants raping, robbing, killing. Are you for progressive judges letting criminals roam free? What if you went on vacation, came home, and a squatter was living in the house you paid for and you couldn't do anything about it. You good with all that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Correct. Illegal immigration is good for Democrat politicians and horrible for America.

"The president was just telling the truth,” said Celedonio Gonzalez, a 35-year-old carpenter who worked illegally in Dallas for six months in 2001. “Mexicans go to the United States because they have to. Blacks want to earn better wages, and the Mexican — because he is illegal — takes what they pay him.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT