ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry knows something that we don’t

This link says .9957 for Garland to go to IU, .9984 for Langford to go to IU and (at the top) "Year Stats Accuracy ( 74.28%) 725 out of 976)" :

https://247sports.com/User/Jerry Meyer/Predictions

Any thoughts about these numbers or what they mean from a statistical perspective, how they're calculated etc.? I can't imagine they have any validity.

Pretty sure .9984 and .9957 have nothing to do with the Crystal Ball predictions. Those are player ratings, I think.

Reactions: IUgradman
.9984 and .9957 are their averaged ratings which makes them 5 Star players. Romeo has an 80% crystal ball trending toward IU and Garland has 43% toward IU.

I understood why but have always questioned why Peegs chose to tuck tail when Crean threatened him with access instead of using the massive leverage that he had at the time.

If I'm the owner of the highest share by a mile IU fan site and a whiney, unpopular coach threatened access I would say 'really' and then remind him...

1. I have an average of x views a day.
2. I have x rabid IU fans signed up.
3. X of those fans are season ticket holders.
4. They aren't there for the articles or puff pieces. They are there for the community during the season and for recruiting in the off season.
5. I can let them know of your threat if you follow through.

I remember James Blackmon saying he didn't know for sure he was picking IU until the time was nearing for him to pick one of the baseball caps on the table.

JBJr’s decision was made earlier that afternoon when Booker chose UK. Had he chosen Sparty Blackmon would have been a Wildcat.

Reactions: mazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT