ADVERTISEMENT

Not on Dolson

Brewskie

Sophomore
Jun 23, 2002
This is Buckner’s baby. Maybe he thinks it’s 1976. It’s not, and at this point t point I don’t care how ‘great’ we’re doing at NIL, we need to build a winning program. Not based on the past. No idea how we do it. Is Jerry Jones running IU?

He actually has better talent than most teams we play, he can't coach---no culture, no development, no discipline, no fundamentals, no offensive scheme, no defense.
Even average teams have more than 1 guy that can shoot the ball.

Buckner gave him the million dollar raise? Buckner did the interview and search? I agree Buckner probably encouraged the hire but Dolson made the final decision.
Guess we’re all just looking for blame when it goes bad, guilty of that myself. The raise and final hiring decision is on Dolson but my ‘guess’ is at the time of the hire, Buckner was swinging the biggest one in the room. The push for an IU guy( see Knight guy) was an immovable object. Just frustrated as I’m sure we all are.

This is Buckner’s baby. Maybe he thinks it’s 1976. It’s not, and at this point t point I don’t care how ‘great’ we’re doing at NIL, we need to build a winning program. Not based on the past. No idea how we do it. Is Jerry Jones running IU?
Yep Buckner pushed this hard. Maybe with next week off he and Woodson are heading to Arizona for five days of golf. Maybe tell some old stories.

Yes. They own a lot of property in Bloomington.
May would probably be that guy, for sure I'd bet he does have realty ventures with Buckner. Woodson, maybe, but yes, I think that would be a major conflict of interest for all of them not named May, if true

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
What talent do you see??
We have three guys that would be picked in a lottery type system from the BiG as the best talent. MR, MM, Ware. Issue is we have no team. Culture is bad, no roster balance, no leadership on roster or in coaching staff

I truly hope their business venture is better than Woody’s coaching and Buckner’s announcing. Talk about to guys who suck at their jobs.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Not arguing with you but I don't understand how these kids get rated 4 stars+ (I think X is the only 3 star of our guards) and show up in our program with an inability to shoot at all.
Woodson's offense is (1) post play with the only option of scoring with no kick outs after a double and (2) JHS or Carmelo creating their own shot. Part of the problem has to be it's just not a good offense that can easily be shut down by packing the lane. No adjustments allowed, for whatever reason.

Reactions: demunn
Scott is the AD and is directly responsible for IUBB results. It’s his job to keep bad influences, like Quinn & Co, out of the process. If he cannot, the University President needs to find someone who can.

What talent do you see??
Reneau has had a few 25+ games and when he’s on is virtually unstoppable. Mgbako has been scoring 15+ ppg recently. Ware definitely has talent, but lately hasn’t been thriving in this offense that can’t shoot. All 3 will see some action at the next level. What other B10 teams have 3 potential nba players? Certainly not Purdue and Wisconsin, who lead the league. .

Reactions: demunn
Reneau has had a few 25+ games and when he’s on is virtually unstoppable. Mgbako has been scoring 15+ ppg recently. Ware definitely has talent, but lately hasn’t been thriving in this offense that can’t shoot. All 3 will see some action at the next level. What other B10 teams have 3 potential nba players? Certainly not Purdue and Wisconsin, who lead the league. .
They defend and play hard for 40 though.

Those guys have a few warts. But they aren’t the problem. It’s twofold. Lackluster guard play (that’s being nice). And coaching (or lack thereof). We would be amazed at how great our bigs play if you could suddenly throw 2 dynamic playmaking guards with leadership onto the team.

Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Those guys have a few warts. But they aren’t the problem. It’s twofold. Lackluster guard play (that’s being nice). And coaching (or lack thereof). We would be amazed at how great our bigs play if you could suddenly throw 2 dynamic playmaking guards with leadership onto the team.
I think that was your point?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT