ADVERTISEMENT

Jaren Jackson Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you really do have only one page in your playbook. And I don't really care if you're not smart enough to understand that.
I understand that you're engaging in a common tactic made convenient when you can't argue based on the facts. It's transparent.

He probably does not have anything else in his life so he needs to be a message boards strong man. He thinks he knows more than anyone else and is very arrogant but really knows very little. He just wants to make himself feel better by belittling other posters trying to make himself look better. He has done it for a long time on here with many different user names and he has used the same thing over and over again.

Do what I did and put him and some others on ignore. I thought I would give him another chance today but he did not disappoint so I put him back on ignore.
If you'd argue based on knowledge and facts, you find yourself in a better light. Sorry you don't to see that.

Fox was recruited, but he didn't play his senior year, so that was kind of a different deal. He was also thought to be a very good football prospect, and both Knoght and Mallory hosted him in Bloomington. Montross was in there, as well and, if there's a third, it would be Brandon Brantley (who was always Frank's to lose). Scott is suddenly MIA. Strange.

My bad, with all the noise yesterday I thought we were only talking about the Region. Montriss was a LN kid of course. Not sure of those he missed on from Da Region.

More tedious than your willful ignorance and defense of mediocrity? I notice you didn't try to defend what Scott said but only that I criticized him for his complete lack of logic. Telling, as usual.

Typical I3.

I never defended Scott or mediocrity. I did, however, criticize your one-trick pony posting strategy when it comes to him. I'm not surprised that it went so far over your head. (See how easy that is to do? And how boring and lazy? Knowing you, probably not. Wow, I did it again.)

Typical I3.

I never defended Scott or mediocrity. I did, however, criticize your one-trick pony posting strategy when it comes to him. I'm not surprised that it went so far over your head. (See how easy that is to do? And how boring and lazy? Knowing you, probably not. Wow, I did it again.)
The one trick pony strategy of countering nonsense with facts? I can see why you find that so objectionable. Mediocrity does that to you.

Not familiar with those posts. Besides, "Indy" isn't phony. "Ohio" is off the charts phony.
Indy is absolutely phony when referring to anything outside of Indianapolis. Indy is not, nor has it ever been, used to describe anything IU related. Indy is not synonymous with Indiana when referring to the state, and does not offer any connotation related to the state other than the city.

Those from Indiana understand this.

Who refers to IU as Indy? Are you sure it's not the state, or Indianapolis that is being referenced?
I hope he comes back because he brings Indiana elite athleticism in the wing position. Its easy to have it as guards, but Michigan State and usually OSU are full of very athletic wing players and that is why Indy struggles at times with teams like MSU, NC, and Syracuse... OG has decent athleticism but not elite (yet). The others arent elite either.
Ya gotta be able to run with the 6'7" fast guys too!

^^^See above.

He's not the only one.

Also, admittedly half the time I don't know if those posters are referring to the state or the city as they seem to use the term interchangeably to describe both. Using "Indy" for one is correct and the other is most certainly wrong.

Maybe it's a pet peev which I need to let go as it seems today's new generation of fan is ok with this type of mediocrity.

Indy is absolutely phony when referring to anything outside of Indianapolis. Indy is not, nor has it ever been, used to describe anything IU related. Indy is not synonymous with Indiana when referring to the state, and does not offer any connotation related to the state other than the city.

Those from Indiana understand this.
You mean like the oft-used "Wisky"? And where are all of the posts with "Indy" in them?

^^^See above.

He's not the only one.

Also, admittedly half the time I don't know if those posters are referring to the state or the city as they seem to use the term interchangeably to describe both. Using "Indy" for one is correct and the other is most certainly wrong.

Maybe it's a pet peev which I need to let go as it seems today's new generation of fan is ok with this type of mediocrity.
Yes, your pet peeves are your problem, not ours

Back to Spa and Ohio. Using Ohio when discussing OSU is inaccurate, there is an Ohio..,Ohio University

That would be like someone saying Indiana when referring to Indiana St....:which I'm guessing would send you into convulsions:)

Yes, your pet peeves are your problem, not ours

Back to Spa and Ohio. Using Ohio when discussing OSU is inaccurate, there is an Ohio..,Ohio University

That would be like someone saying Indiana when referring to Indiana St....:which I'm guessing would send you into convulsions:)
I'd point out the error if they did that as well.

Just as a fan/graduate of OSU wouldn't refer to OSU as Ohio, a fan/graduate of ISU wouldn't refer to ISU as Indiana. It's usually the lazy or uninformed who make those mistakes. In the example I provided I pointed out the error to the poster and he admitted he was being lazy. Others can decide for themselves why they do it but it's certainly not correct usage of the term.

Since I haven't used the term, your ire is misdirected. That's the mistake you shouldn't make again.
I have no " ire" directed at you but rather surprise. That is, my surprise about your concern for the virtue of other schools over your own or your lack of understanding in the proper referencing of IU/Indiana as a school or a state. Or my surprise that when someone on an IU board would point out the obvious misuse of a reference to IU/Indiana you'd actually defend the reference instead of acknowledging the mistake. Is it that you enjoy seeing your own school slighted by others or don't have respect for IU as an institution or Indiana as a state? Idk

I get it. You don't like to admit when you are wrong so we can move on from this.

I have no " ire" directed at you but rather surprise. That is, my surprise about your concern for the virtue of other schools over your own or your lack of understanding in the proper referencing of IU/Indiana as a school or a state. Or my surprise that when someone on an IU board would point out the obvious misuse of a reference to IU/Indiana you'd actually defend the reference instead of acknowledging the mistake. Is it that you enjoy seeing your own school slighted by others or don't have respect for IU as an institution or Indiana as a state? Idk

I get it. You don't like to admit when you are wrong so we can move on from this.
I stand corrected, as should you. Your "surprise" is nothing of the sort, but rather a convoluted mishmash of weakly conceived excuses to simply lash out at those with whom you disagree, all sloppily packaged under a noble (to you, anyway) bouquet of legitimacy. It's confirmed by your inability to show anything other than one person who's used the term "Indy", and your obliviousness toward the repeated request to provide more examples.

In the end, you've chosen pettiness as a means of expressing your disdain for those with whom you disagree. It's inelegant and small.

Last edited:
I'd point out the error if they did that as well.

Just as a fan/graduate of OSU wouldn't refer to OSU as Ohio, a fan/graduate of ISU wouldn't refer to ISU as Indiana. It's usually the lazy or uninformed who make those mistakes. In the example I provided I pointed out the error to the poster and he admitted he was being lazy. Others can decide for themselves why they do it but it's certainly not correct usage of the term.

As a person that occasionally uses the name "Ohio" when referring to Ohio State, I can tell you that for myself and some others it is simply a snarky response to those Ohio grads that are so obsessed with the self-congratulating THE OSU mantra that apparently helps resolve their inferiority complex. I learned this from some UM clients.

We had a foursome of Ohio fans near us at the last game in Btown. The foursome...one of which had a hat that simply said THE in huge letters on the front were genuinely stunned that the IU crowd was not slobbering at the feet of their team that only won because two officials swallowed their whistles on the final play.

These clowns honestly believed that the fans around them should be thanking them for allowing lowly IU to be on the same field with the greatness that is...THE.

I will continue.

Reactions: HouseDivided2014
As a person that occasionally uses the name "Ohio" when referring to Ohio State, I can tell you that for myself and some others it is simply a snarky response to those Ohio grads that are so obsessed with the self-congratulating THE OSU mantra that apparently helps resolve their inferiority complex. I learned this from some UM clients.

We had a foursome of Ohio fans near us at the last game in Btown. The foursome...one of which had a hat that simply said THE in huge letters on the front were genuinely stunned that the IU crowd was not slobbering at the feet of their team that only won because two officials swallowed their whistles on the final play.

These clowns honestly believed that the fans around them should be thanking them for allowing lowly IU to be on the same field with the greatness that is...THE.

I will continue.
It's something Jim Harbaugh is fond of saying.

I will continue.
That's the point I made to another poster who constantly used Indy for Indiana (the state). It sounds more like a slight towards the state/school than anything. I like your term of "snarky" more though.

Seriously, my question is why would any true fan be ok with using a term which is snarky, is a slight, or whatever, towards their team they supposedly love? I get people being snarky towards opposing teams, but their own???

That's the point I made to another poster who constantly used Indy for Indiana (the state). It sounds more like a slight towards the state/school than anything. I like your term of "snarky" more though.

Seriously, my question is why would any true fan be ok with using a term which is snarky, is a slight, or whatever, towards their team they supposedly love? I get people being snarky towards opposing teams, but their own???
Why do you allow such a minor detail bother you so much?....like you said earlier it's a pet peeve that you should let go

I stand corrected, as should you. Your "surprise" is nothing of the sort, but rather a convoluted mishmash of weakly conceived excuses to simply lash out at those with whom you disagree, all sloppily packaged under a noble (to you, anyway) bouquet of legitimacy. It's confirmed by your inability to show anything other than one person who's used the term "Indy", and your obliviousness toward the repeated request to provide more examples.

In the end, you've chosen pettiness as a means of expressing your disdain for those with whom you disagree. It's inelegant and small.
Nice monologue yet once again you step on your soapbox of righteousness and rattle off a soliloquy of indignation with absolute authority.

You basically presented the old "I was wrong but so was he" complaint my kids use. Not sure what I should stand corrected for but I'm sure you will tell me.

Repeated requests? SnS asked and I provided. You asked once and I pointed to my reply with SnS. This qualifies as repeated requests? I'm assuming SnS jumped in on the conversation because he's used the term loosely himself, which I'm sure you're aware of but probably won't acknowledge.

Nice monologue yet once again you step on your soapbox of righteousness and rattle off a soliloquy of indignation with absolute authority.

You basically presented the old "I was wrong but so was he" complaint my kids use. Not sure what I should stand corrected for but I'm sure you will tell me.

Repeated requests? SnS asked and I provided. You asked once and I pointed to my reply with SnS. This qualifies as repeated requests? I'm assuming SnS jumped in on the conversation because he's used the term loosely himself, which I'm sure you're aware of but probably won't acknowledge.
Did you really just accuse another poster of being on soapbox of righteousness? Please tell me that this was tongue in cheek

Every post you've made in this thread has been you on a soapbox of righteousness...do you call this irony or hypocrisy?

Why do you allow such a minor detail bother you so much?....like you said earlier it's a pet peeve that you should let go
The thing is if it came from opposing fans it wouldn't bother me in the least, as those are the things you expect from other fans. It shouldn't come from our own fan base. We should be the ones building pride in the program; not in an annoying manner as some other fan bases do (UK "we're everyone's Super Bowl, OSU "THE Ohio State University, Miami (FL) "The U", etc...) but rather with simple pride in who IU is.

Indy isn't, nor has it ever been, used to describe anything Indiana or a term of endearment towards anything Indiana related. The fact that certain people don't grasp that idea speaks volumes about their true connection, or lack thereof, to the state of Indiana or IU itself. No matter how hard you try to sell it as such doesn't make it so.

Pride starts within.

Reactions: Wat Shot
The thing is if it came from opposing fans it wouldn't bother me in the least, as those are the things you expect from other fans. It shouldn't come from our own fan base. We should be the ones building pride in the program; not in an annoying manner as some other fan bases do (UK "we're everyone's Super Bowl, OSU "THE Ohio State University, Miami (FL) "The U", etc...) but rather with simple pride in who IU is.

Indy isn't, nor has it ever been, used to describe anything Indiana or a term of endearment towards anything Indiana related. The fact that certain people don't grasp that idea speaks volumes about their true connection, or lack thereof, to the state of Indiana or IU itself. No matter how hard you try to sell it as such doesn't make it so.

Pride starts within.
Do you ever get down off of your soapbox of righteousness? The entire state of Indy is waiting for you to step down :)

Did you really just accuse another poster of being on soapbox of righteousness? Please tell me that this was tongue in cheek

Every post you've made in this thread has been you on a soapbox of righteousness...do you call this irony or hypocrisy?

My posts started with a question to a response, then responses followed to a bluntly posed yet false premise.

How is it you once put it? Sigh...

I know we're all impressed by your dedication in the vital quest to stamp once and for all the use of the term "Indy". I'll certainly sleep better tonight knowing your commitment to such an important endeavor.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins

Pride starts within.
It's not hard to question your connection to Indiana and IU.

Missing the point there kid....

If there is a wealth of talent in state, why in the hell can't IU get its share?

If there were 5 top 60 kids from North Carolina, how many go to UNC or Duke?
If there were 5 top 60 kids from Kansas, how many go to KU?
If there were 5 top 60 kids in Michigan, how many go to MSU or Michigan?
Hell....if there were 5 top 60 kids in Illinois, how many go to UI?

I bet its f***ing more than one.

Ask Mike Davis about how important recruiting in state is....

If this is a true statement, please explain to us why coaches like Izzo, Calipari, Matta, Williams, Coach K, etc . . . recruit Indiana whenever we have top talent?

You've never answered the basic question as to why Crean struggles to recruit well in Indiana. It's the state university with a rich basketball tradition yet IU seems to have no advantage in recruiting on their home turf. Football schools like Ohio State, LSU and Alabama have commanding positions in their states but, when this was pointed out, you claimed football recruiting wasn't analogous. When pressed, you avoided any explanation and have continually dodged any explanation, much as you have when pressed on Crean's failures. It's simply excuse making on your part.

e point about other coaches coming to Indiana to recruit is that those other top programs come after top talent when it is here. IU? "Hey, who cares that we're the state school with 5 National Championships, a storied tradition, top facilities and a fanbase like no other. WE can go elsewhere - HS coaches are better nationally now than they were 30 years ago!"

Other coaches are coming here because Indy is producing the talent...and the in state schools aren't a real factor in stopping them.

Tell us TeeJay - just how many times has Calipari / Williams / Coach K come into Indiana after top 50 kids when they have those kids in Kentucky and North Carolina?

And how many top 25 kids from those states go elsewhere?

Let me answer for you: NONE of those coaches go to Indiana - or elsewhere - to sign players if they have equal or better in their home states.

is it two in the last four classes? Has Beilein and Izzo gotten more of Han two?

I have been accused of ducking this in state recruiting issue so here are the results of a little research on the schools who are said to be raiding Indiana of talent.

This goes back the last four classes, 2013-2016.

Obviously, not all schools are included but, there was mention of these schools specifically in this thread.

School # recruited last 4 years

Duke 0

Kansas 0

Kentucky 2 (included Mulder (Canada) excluded Humphries)
we recruited Mulder hard, no interest in Humphries

Louisville 0

Michigan 1

Michigan State 0

North Carolina 0

Bam Adabayo is a five star from North Carolina, he's headed to Kentucky. DeAngelo Russell was a five star from Kentucky who left the state. Lourawls Nairn was #62 in the nation and went to Michigan State.

Michigan State and North Carolina have been the best at keeping it's talent in the fold with three each in the last four years. Indiana has lost five star Irvin to UM and four star Blueitt to Xavier. There was a post pertaining to three star rated kids who have been in Indiana High School, this list was limited to four and five star kids due to the volume of three stars in state and nationally but, only UNC and MSU have as many kids of three, four and five star status in their recruiting classes the last four years as IU. All other kids came from out of state so, it would seem that the other coaches aren't fishing the pond in their own back yard any more or less than CTC is.

I have been accused of ducking this in state recruiting issue so here are the results of a little research on the schools who are said to be raiding Indiana of talent.

Obviously, not all schools are included but, there was mention of these schools specifically in this thread.

Duke 0

Kansas 0

Louisville 0

Michigan 1

Michigan State 0

North Carolina 0

Bam Adabayo is a five star from North Carolina, he's headed to Kentucky. DeAngelo Russell was a five star from Kentucky who left the state. Lourawls Nairn was #62 in the nation and went to Michigan State.

Michigan State and North Carolina have been the best at keeping it's talent in the fold with three each in the last four years. Indiana has lost five star Irvin to UM and four star Blueitt to Xavier. There was a post pertaining to three star rated kids who have been in Indiana High School, this list was limited to four and five star kids due to the volume of three stars in state and nationally but, only UNC and MSU have as many kids of three, four and five star status in their recruiting classes the last four years as IU. All other kids came from out of state so, it would seem that the other coaches aren't fishing the pond in their own back yard any more or less than CTC is.
You had two five star from two states and that's comparable to what Indy has produced? More or less? Lmao

What about Swanigan, Lyles Coleman, Brunk, Jackson, Beachem, and Smotherman? They were all 4 star on rivals? Do they not count?

So that's 3 fives and 7four stars(8 if you count Humphries) IU has missed on in the last 4 yrs and it's more or less the same as the other coaches...seriously?

Considering the turnover rate at IU it's not surprising we had a large amount 3-4-5 stars. We've had a large amount of every type of recruit.

Only UNC and MSU have had as many 3-4-5 stars as IU....where are UK, KU, and Duke?

Who accused you of ducking it? We accused you of being wrong, but certainly not ducking

So to sum it up, your flawed data led to a flawed conclusion

Last edited:

Duke 0

Kansas 0

Louisville 0

Michigan 1

Michigan State 0

North Carolina 0

Where the hell did I EVER say the conversation was limited to the last 4 years?

The POINT is - and has always been - that IU doesn't recruit Indiana well. And all you've done is offer up a bevy of excuses.

Like this:

recruiting Indiana less important than it was years ago.

If this is a true statement, please explain to us why coaches like Izzo, Calipari, Matta, Williams, Coach K, etc . . . recruit Indiana whenever we have top talent?

The elephant in the middle of the room is Tom Crean has failed to - in EIGHT YEARS - establish himself and his program with the HS coaches in this state. Don't believe me? Fine - go out to AAU and IBCA events and listen for yourself.

and this:

How many total recruits have K, Calipari and Williams taken from Indiana while CTC has been here? Those coaches recruit the entire nation for the best talent. If CTC is attempting to duplicate the methods that the successful coaches are employing, what is the issue? The issue is that he isn't doing what YOU want him to.

I want IU to win during the regular season, the B1G Tournament and the NCAA Tournament and I don't give a rat's a$$ whether the kids are from Indiana, the US or the world. It's evident that your responses are designed to attack someone you view as a CTC sycophant. To be clear, I have, and will support the head coach at Indiana University regardless of who he, or she might be. The simple truth is, if the coach has success, the basketball experience is more enjoyable. (at least for me)

Carry on Hateful Eight...carry on.
Tell us TeeJay - just how many times has Calipari / Williams / Coach K come into Indiana after top 50 kids when they have those kids in Kentucky and North Carolina?

And how many top 25 kids from those states go elsewhere?

Funny how you cherry pick the facts to try to support your weak argument . . . but typical.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
You had two five star from two states and that's comparable to what Indy has produced? More or less? Lmao

You somehow missed Trey Lyles, smh. So that's 2 fives and 2 four stars(3 if you count Humphries) IU has missed on in the last 4 yrs and it's more or less the same as the other coaches...seriously?

Considering the turnover rate at IU it's not surprising we had a large amount 3-4-5 stars. We've had a large amount of every type of recruit.

Only UNC and MSU have had as many 3-4-5 stars as IU....where are UK, KU, and Duke?

Who accused you of ducking it? We accused you of being wrong, but certainly not ducking

So to sum it up, your flawed data led to a flawed conclusion

Myles was included in Kentucky's numbers.

The number of 3.4.5 star players from the home state are the same.

Have a nice evening. Your vitriole is noted. You hate when a good point is made and will obsess on items you can't comprehend to deflect.

IU has as many three, four and five star players on its roster , from the home state, as any of the other schools identified. The recruiting model CTC is using mirrors those of the schools that have been successful in the NCAA tournament. (Champions).

The fact that Indiana kids aren't on the roster isn't for a lack of attention. The upcoming class es of 17 and 18 are getting plenty of recruiting attention.

A reasonable mind would understand but we know you're not reasonable. Go to bed.
U
Where the hell did I EVER say the conversation was limited to the last 4 years?

The POINT is - and has always been - that IU doesn't recruit Indiana well. And all you've done is offer up a bevy of excuses.

Like this:

and this:

Funny how you cherry pick the facts to try to support your weak argument . . . but typical.

Your response was not unexpected. You want to have Indiana kids. This staff is recruiting Indiana as hard as anyone else. If we don't get those kids, your point will be made about not having an advantage. The point that those other schools have locked down the talent in their states wasn't correct. With respect to the post about CTC having NEVER been established in Indiana in eight years, the poster admitted he was incorrect in that statement and there was criticism of using rosters that were five and six years old. The information wasn't designed to cherry pick, it wasn't designed as excuses. It was done to shine a light on the fact that the top programs are recruiting nationally. Whether it's done by choice or not isn't really a factor.

There have been a number of times that people have said that in order to have consistent success, the level of talent needs to be upgraded. That's what the Indiana coaching staff is attempting to do. Please identify another time when IU basketball has been this strong with this many top 6 candidates.

As far as not recruiting Indiana well, that's a matter of perspective and we will probably disagree until there is a definition of the term well.

Thanks for your input. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT