ADVERTISEMENT

Jaren Jackson Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keith Smart hit a famous "tiebreaker" (actually we were trailing), and he was from Louisiana. Jay Edwards (from Anderson) hit a famous, last second shot in a Big Ten game that made Knight dance with joy in a rarely-seen exhibition of humanity. Personally, I think Keith Smart's shot was more important. What do you think?
Jay Edwards was from Marion, not Anderson

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Didn't I admit I was wrong with four years?

Admitting A mistake .....have you ever done that? Nope

This was a follow up statement you made after admitting your error. If there was a point you were trying to make, it was unclear and I simply was trying to understand. You're just seeing the poster, not the post. lol

See my reply to Spa. Guess you're one of those people, huh?

And you're one of THOSE people that think they know more about basketball than a D1 head coach. I guess hanging out at AAU events has "enlightened" you in sooooo many ways...eh? dws

Fox was born in Canada, raised in the Bahamas, then moved here in his soph yr(iirc)

Does he really count as a region kid?
The Northern Lakes Conference isn't in the Region, and I was only pointing out the fact that three of the players being discussed were all from NLC high school's...

Not really after his sophomore year, and Kemp's core class deficiencies alone made his admittance to IU virtually impossible.
But yet Knight was at a couple games when my school played Kemp's school, and was likely at other games to watch Shawn Kemp...I'm sure RMK wasn't there to watch me play...

I believe you, but that is the first I have heard of that. I thought he recruited Fox but that was about it.
At one game when we played Concord I could clearly see RMK, he had a seat in the front row of the upper deck of the gym, on the same side as our team bench...

This was a follow up statement you made after admitting your error. If there was a point you were trying to make, it was unclear and I simply was trying to understand. You're just seeing the poster, not the post. lol
I'm seeing the post, and as usual it reads like a spea term paper

Try this our last 14 recruits only 2 are from Indy, and one of them even you admit probably shouldn't have been offered

But yet Knight was at a couple games when my school played Kemp's school, and was likely at other games to watch Shawn Kemp...I'm sure RMK wasn't there to watch me play...
Just telling you what the facts were. Kemp was unquestionably talented but he wasn't academically qualified to be admitted to IU. They knew he had a steep climb from the time he was a high school sophomore, and the intervening time didn't improve his status enough to get admitted. It was primarily a core course issue, but that wasn't the only thing.

Are they anything like posters who refer to Ohio State as "Ohio"?
Really??? You're going to point out someone who refers to OSU as Ohio and infer that it's troll worthy yet someone on this board who consistently refers to IU as Indy gets a pass? Interesting...

I'm seeing the post, and as usual it reads like a spea term paper

Try this our last 14 recruits only 2 are from Indy, and one of them even you admit probably shouldn't have been offered

Here is the real issue, you want Indiana to recruit Indiana kids first and then go out from there (like in the good old days of RMK). I want Indiana to recruit the best players regardless of where they reside.

It's your opinion that Indiana needs to have Indiana kids in order to be successful but, the facts show that there were less kids from Indiana on our last National Championship squad (3), than there are on next season's team(4).

When the facts stare you in the face and prove that your position is incorrect, you sadly, but predictably, turn to erroneous personal attacks and statements of opinion as fact.

Carry on

So how long have you worked in the IU athletic department since you think you have all the inside info on this. Not saying I disagree with you but to guarantee something like this is plain silly since you have no moreinfo than the rest of us.

Still opinion. Even informed opinion is not "fact".

No one, and I repeat no one is asking for TC to only recruit Indiana kids. Start here and work your way out as needed, in state kids win the tiebreakers

But can you honestly tell me that TC couldn't have found better in state players than Roth, April, Priller, Stanford, and Hoetzel?

You can find duds everywhere: how did the Indiana kids — Steve Hart, A. J. Ratliff, Jeremy Hollowell — turn out?

Here is the real issue, you want Indiana to recruit Indiana kids first and then go out from there (like in the good old days of RMK). I want Indiana to recruit the best players regardless of where they reside.

It's your opinion that Indiana needs to have Indiana kids in order to be successful but, the facts show that there were less kids from Indiana on our last National Championship squad (3), than there are on next season's team(4).

When the facts stare you in the face and prove that your position is incorrect, you sadly, but predictably, turn to erroneous personal attacks and statements of opinion as fact.

Carry on
I never said that Indiana needs Indy kids to be successful...you said that for me, thanks for the thst btw.....but I know you stick to the facts....sigh

If you can recruit like Roy, and Self you don't need to establish yourself locally. If you can't you're better off starting local

I've said that local kids should in theory be the easier recruit, the low hanging fruit so to speak. There's a better chance of consistent success nearby rather than counting on getting kids to go halfway across the country That's the number one reason to start here

Second reason, I do think it adds something special to the team when you have local kids. I like it when people have a connection to a player through their own high school experience...even if it's decades apart...that's obviously a personal preference

I'll take your cries of personal attacks seriously when you tell that guy who keeps calling people the hateful eight to stop, how's that?

Last edited:
Really??? You're going to point out someone who refers to OSU as Ohio and infer that it's troll worthy yet someone on this board who consistently refers to IU as Indy gets a pass? Interesting...
Really??? You're going to troll in defense of trolls?

Who refers to IU as Indy? Are you sure it's not the state, or Indianapolis that is being referenced?

And you're one of THOSE people that think they know more about basketball than a D1 head coach. I guess hanging out at AAU events has "enlightened" you in sooooo many ways...eh? dws
I've said before I'm not an expert on basketball - but I've gotten a lot of insight into the game from people who do it for a living. More importantly, the people I've gotten my info from are directly involved in the recruiting process of top players from not only this state, but from around the country.

But you believe what you want. Again, look forward to hearing from you after Bamba, Williams, Wilkes and Scruggs commit.

I've said before I'm not an expert on basketball - but I've gotten a lot of insight into the game from people who do it for a living. More importantly, the people I've gotten my info from are directly involved in the recruiting process of top players from not only this state, but from around the country.

But you believe what you want. Again, look forward to hearing from you after Bamba, Williams, Wilkes and Scruggs commit.
For what it is worth the crystal ball now has IU favored to get Wilkes and Scruggs. As of right now it has IU 67% favored to UK 17% for Wilkes. Saw an article stating that if UK does not offer Wilkes shortly he will take them off of his list.

Also if UK decides to offer it sounds like we might be in trouble because it sounds like he is waiting for that offer.

Last edited:
I never said that Indiana needs Indy kids to be successful...you said that for me, thanks for the thst btw.....but I know you stick to the facts....sigh

I've said that local kids should in theory be the easier recruit, the low hanging fruit so to speak. There's a better chance of consistent success nearby rather than counting on getting kids to go halfway across the country That's the number one reason to start here

Second reason, I do think it adds something special to the team when you have local kids. I like it when people have a connection to a player through their own high school experience...even if it's decades apart...that's obviously a personal preference

I'll take your cries of personal attacks seriously when you tell that guy who keeps calling people the hateful eight to stop, how's that?
It's not a personal attack when the premise of the satement is false.

There has only been one person EVER that has taken exception to the use of the term hateful eight. Hmmm, little thin skinned?

So sorry I consider what Rabby and Peegs report more highly than the information provided to you by your sources. I DO understand that they may be influenced some by their association with IU but, they generally see the recruiting landscape clearly.

As far as those four go, I'm not expecting anything as of right now. I'm not even sure if there will be any more open scholarships for this class as we only have one Senior on the team.

For what it is worth the crystal ball now has IU favored to get Wilkes and Scruggs. As of right now it has IU 67% favored to UK 17% for wiles. Saw an article stating that if UK does not offer Wilkes shortly he will take them off of his list.
A lot of it will come down to July AAU events.

If Wilkes and Scruggs do really well at those events, the chances for IU to get them goes down exponentially. Duke and UK are closely watching Wilkes, and a big July will likely get an offer from both (although Cal is also looking at Vanderbilt, Knox and Petty).

Same on Scruggs. A big AAU July will garner more interest from Michigan St. and Kansas. UofL (with KJ) is already in good, but the hooker scandal hurts them somewhat. Mack has made some inroads lately, and Xavier is close enough (and now a bigger name since playing in the Big East) to be a serious player.

For what it is worth the crystal ball now has IU favored to get Wilkes and Scruggs. As of right now it has IU 67% favored to UK 17% for Wilkes. Saw an article stating that if UK does not offer Wilkes shortly he will take them off of his list.

Also if UK decides to offer it sounds like we might be in trouble because it sounds like he is waiting for that offer.
Your post epitomizes the drop in stature of IU under Crean with Indiana recruits.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
It's not a personal attack when the premise of the satement is false.

There has only been one person EVER that has taken exception to the use of the term hateful eight. Hmmm, little thin skinned?
When the source of the term is considered, it's impossible to take offense.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
Your post epitomizes the drop in stature of IU under Crean with Indiana recruits.
How is that we are leading for 2 top 20 in state kids. The problem right now is with Cal and coach K can come in late and offer the top layers and they will listen. Like it or not they can show that if you go to their schools they will get you to the NBA in one year. If that is what the players are looking for then it is hard to compete with those schools.

In IU's prime you did not have to worry about one and done players and compete with teams promising that they can get you to the NBA quickly.

How is that we are leading for 2 top 20 in state kids. The problem right now is with Cal and coach K can come in late and offer the top layers and they will listen. Like it or not they can show that if you go to their schools they will get you to the NBA in one year. If that is what the players are looking for then it is hard to compete with those schools.

In IU's prime you did not have to worry about one and done players and compete with teams promising that they can get you to the NBA quickly.
You need to read your own posts more carefully. IU leads because others haven't offered. Were they to offer, IU's "lead" would very likely evaporate (just like the in-state recruiting advantage). Do you really not understand this any better than you seem to?

By the way, do you not think Crean and staff are talking up their ability to get kids to the NBA?

Pot...meet kettle.
No. You admonished the poster for supposedly taking offense, which I dismissed based on the origin of the comment. I, on the other hand, took no such offense, for obvious reasons. Like Scott, your reading comprehension is sub-par.

You need to read your own posts more carefully. IU leads because others haven't offered. Were they to offer, IU's "lead" would very likely evaporate (just like the in-state recruiting advantage). Do you really not understand this any better than you seem to?
And that team is UK and like it or not they are very persuasive to recruits wanting to go to the NBA. Even if RMK was still coaching here he would have trouble recruiting in today's culture because the college basketball landscape is a lot different. Some can't see how much different college basketball recruiting is today compared to what it was like when we were one of the top programs.

And that team is UK and like it or not they are very persuasive to recruits wanting to go to the NBA. Even if RMK was still coaching here he would have trouble recruiting in today's culture because the college basketball landscape is a lot different. Some can't see how much different college basketball recruiting is today compared to what it was like when we were one of the top programs.
You may know very little about basketball, but your excuse making is top notch. Yes, recruiting elite players is challenging, and the competition can be stiff. But that's Crean's job, and he's paid quite well to do it at a higher level than he's done it so far.

Reactions: thoops7
You may know very little about basketball, but your excuse making is top notch.
Know more than you will ever know and it is not even close and it is not an excuse but a fact that today's recruiting is different. When we were elite the local kids only got to see IU and PU games locally and might have two or three games on the weekend on national tv. Once ESPN and cable tv went off it made more teams available to these kids to see and become fans of those teams.

With summer basketball more coaches are able to see more players and get into the recruiting picture than they use to. Today's kids can travel all over the country easier today than they use to and get to see more schools. With all the game son tv their families can see every game they play even if it is at Duke or UK. All of these are facts even if you decide not to see it.

J
Know more than you will ever know and it is not even close and it is not an excuse but a fact that today's recruiting is different. When we were elite the local kids only got to see IU and PU games locally and might have two or three games on the weekend on national tv. Once ESPN and cable tv went off it made more teams available to these kids to see and become fans of those teams.

With summer basketball more coaches are able to see more players and get into the recruiting picture than they use to. Today's kids can travel all over the country easier today than they use to and get to see more schools. With all the game son tv their families can see every game they play even if it is at Duke or UK. All of these are facts even if you decide not to see it.
Elite excuse making in regard to recruiting. And, no, you regularly exhibit a very limited understanding of basketball. You should "speak" less and "listen" more. It would help, as would some basic English skills,the lack of which serves to underscore your lack of hoops knowledge.

Last edited:
J

Elite excuse making in regard to recruiting. And, no, you regularly exhibit a very limited understanding of basketball. You should "speak" less and "listen" more. It would help.

To whom should he listen? You? Or will anyone who happens to agree with you suffice?

This strategy of "you're wrong because you don't know anything, and you don't know anything because I say so", is so laughably weak and logically indefensible that it even has it's own name; "poisoning the well". Look it up sometime, you might find your picture there.

Reactions: TeeJay88
To whom should he listen? You? Or will anyone who happens to agree with you suffice?

This strategy of "you're wrong because you don't know anything, and you don't know anything because I say so", is so laughably weak and logically indefensible that it even has it's own name; "poisoning the well". Look it up sometime, you might find your picture there.
He should "listen" to his own posts, in which he unknowingly contradicted himself in regard to Indiana recruits. More simply put, he's wrong because he fails to understand the absence of logic in his conclusions. Apparently, you weren't smart to understand it, either. Sorry about that.

He should "listen" to his own posts, in which he unknowingly contradicted himself in regard to Indiana recruits. Apparently, you weren't smart to understand it, either. Sorry about that.

Wow, you really do have only one page in your playbook. And I don't really care if you're not smart enough to understand that.

Wow, you really do have only one page in your playbook. And I don't really care if you're not smart enough to understand that.
He probably does not have anything else in his life so he needs to be a message boards strong man. He thinks he knows more than anyone else and is very arrogant but really knows very little. He just wants to make himself feel better by belittling other posters trying to make himself look better. He has done it for a long time on here with many different user names and he has used the same thing over and over again.

Do what I did and put him and some others on ignore. I thought I would give him another chance today but he did not disappoint so I put him back on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT