ADVERTISEMENT

Jaren Jackson Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiltthastilt

Benchwarmer
Apr 30, 2012
What do yall think of IU's chances with this fast rising park tudor star. I see there is a crystal ball pick to IU for him. Is Crean on him hard?

What do yall think of IU's chances with this fast rising park tudor star. I see there is a crystal ball pick to IU for him. Is Crean on him hard?
Really have no clue but I think he will be a hard get with his ties to the Washington D.C area. I f I had a guess he will end up at Georgetown where his dad went or maybe Maryland.

East coast for Jackson
Scruggs IU or Xavier
Wilkes...nobody knows
Williams.....not IU

East coast for Jackson
Scruggs IU or Xavier
Wilkes...nobody knows
Williams.....not IU
I see where everyone wants a great 2017 and I agree but for that to happen we will have to have a few players leave. My question is would you rather get this great class if it means losing Bryant, OG and Blackmon or have all of them stay and have a small 2017 class. I know people will say that it is having Priller, Geleon and Durham as the reason on losing these recruits but I don't think that is the case. Just look at it this way if all of our top players stay and our roster is deep that is what would cause us to lose these recruits. If we lose these guys to the draft and still have Priller and Geleon and Durham then I see us getting those recruits. If we have a frontline of Bryant, Davis, OG and Morgan then I would say that we wouldn't get any of the top front court players.

I see where everyone wants a great 2017 and I agree but for that to happen we will have to have a few players leave. My question is would you rather get this great class if it means losing Bryant, OG and Blackmon or have all of them stay and have a small 2017 class. I know people will say that it is having Priller, Geleon and Durham as the reason on losing these recruits but I don't think that is the case. Just look at it this way if all of our top players stay and our roster is deep that is what would cause us to lose these recruits. If we lose these guys to the draft and still have Priller and Geleon and Durham then I see us getting those recruits. If we have a frontline of Bryant, Davis, OG and Morgan then I would say that we wouldn't get any of the top front court players.
Bryant, Priller and Hartman are probably guaranteed to be gone. So that at least opens up 2 spots. Then we could have a transfer or jbj moves on.

Bryant, Priller and Hartman are probably guaranteed to be gone. So that at least opens up 2 spots. Then we could have a transfer or jbj moves on.
I agree that we will have the openings because I feel like Blackmon and Bryant will leave plus a good chance that OG will leave. Just was wondering if people would rather keep the experience players and lose the recruits or would you want to get the great recruits but lose the experience players.

I agree that we will have the openings because I feel like Blackmon and Bryant will leave plus a good chance that OG will leave. Just was wondering if people would rather keep the experience players and lose the recruits or would you want to get the great recruits but lose the experience players.
If we could possibly return three NBA caliber players who are experienced, over bringing in three talented, but unproven college, and definitely not NBA ready players, it's a no brainer, you want the experienced players.

Reactions: sasser2
A couple of weeks ago Crean said that you better enjoy watching OG because he might not be here that much longer.
Let's get it out there.............OG played really really well down the stretch. He wasn't a focal point of the other team. He was new. Let's see how the kid does with an increased role on the team. Let's see how he does when teams prepare for him.

Let the kid develop for Christ's sake. We're talking about him going pro off of a few really good games last year. I think he's gonna be a good player, but all this talk about him going pro is a bit premature at this point. He's got a whole season to prove himself. I hope he does because that'll be good for IU, but I'm willing to wait and see it first.

Reactions: loppster1
I expect JBJ, Bryant and Rojo will be the main scorers consistently relied upon with a different player stepping up from game to game to join them. Right now OG is like a super glue guy who makes momentum changing plays with his defense and hustle. I don't know that teams can prepare for the energy he brings. He will get the big offensive rebound and the put back. He will be very good in the transition offense but in the half court he is still fairly raw offensively. That's his role now and he is great at it. They just need him on the court more. Let the game come to him rather than force a go to role on him. Last thing anyone wants to see is him thinking he has to be the guy and start making crazy Troy like drives.

Reactions: ChampsAgain
Don't forget Kansas or MSU on Scruggs.

Out of all the guys I've seen listed, we have the best chance with Paul. But it is by no means a done deal.
ESPN just came out with their top 100 and the only team listed on Scruggs list was IU. The rest of the players usually have 5-10 schools listed who has offered them. Also We were listed on 9 top 50 players
#3 Bamba
#4 Porter
#10 Bowen
#11 Wilkes
#12 Diallo
#25 Jackson
#27 Coleman
#33 Scruggs
#42 Williams
We were not mentioned with Richards or Tucker which we were in the past.

ESPN just came out with their top 100 and the only team listed on Scruggs list was IU. The rest of the players usually have 5-10 schools listed who has offered them. Also We were listed on 9 top 50 players
#3 Bamba
#4 Porter
#10 Bowen
#11 Wilkes
#12 Diallo
#25 Jackson
#27 Coleman
#33 Scruggs
#42 Williams
We were not mentioned with Richards or Tucker which we were in the past.
Probably, the first thing you can do with that list is cross Porter off of it for IU.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Crean better score in 2017.....because there will be a lot of talent leaving after this year.

Crean will not survive another 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 repeat.

Reactions: Wat Shot
Crean better score in 2017.....because there will be a lot of talent leaving after this year.

Crean will not survive another 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 repeat.
Even if there is a repeat which is highly unlikely glass would not fire him. That's a fact

Even if there is a repeat which is highly unlikely glass would not fire him. That's a fact

No need to fire....3 years left on contract after this year....

Have 2 bad years after this year.....good luck getting an extension.

And that's if the upcoming year meets expectations with this loaded team.

Glass didn't give an extension after last year......FYI

You could be right but that is an opinion and not a fact
An opinion based of observation. Crean has a job for life as long as glass is around.I also guarantee you if Crean wins over 20 games this year and goes at least at least 10-8 in the big ten glass will extend him in a second.

An opinion based of observation. Crean has a job for life as long as glass is around.I also guarantee you if Crean wins over 20 games this year and goes at least at least 10-8 in the big ten glass will extend him in a second.
So how long have you worked in the IU athletic department since you think you have all the inside info on this. Not saying I disagree with you but to guarantee something like this is plain silly since you have no moreinfo than the rest of us.

So how long have you worked in the IU athletic department since you think you have all the inside info on this. Not saying I disagree with you but to guarantee something like this is plain silly since you have no moreinfo than the rest of us.
I mean sure if glass is told his job is on the line if he doesn't fire crean then probably. But crean is freds boy and he will not fire him on his own accord. If that was the case he would if been fired after yogis junior year. Glas was hoping this last season would save crean and it did. Crean has now bought himself at least two more years before there is any heat again.

I mean sure if glass is told his job is on the line if he doesn't fire crean then probably. But crean is freds boy and he will not fire him on his own accord. If that was the case he would if been fired after yogis junior year. Glas was hoping this last season would save crean and it did. Crean has now bought himself at least two more years before there is any heat again.

If IU fails to finish top 3 in B10 or fails to get deep into the tourney this year.....you better believe the heat will be on by spring.

And if he strikes out on the 2017 class, 2 years sounds about right.....for him to move on

Reactions: Rakkasan29

He didn't extend him last year with a much better season, why would he do it after a 20 win 10-8 conference season?

This is the make or break year for Crean....especially if he fails to get in state talent in 2017

Reactions: ORG and Rakkasan29
He didn't extend him last year with a much better season, why would he do it after a 20 win 10-8 conference season?

This is the make or break year for Crean....especially if he fails to get in state talent in 2017
There was no way could extend him after two bad seasons and then only one good one. If he finishes fourth or better in the conference and another sweet sixteen you better believe fred will extend him. Fred talks a good game but i think deep down he is fine with sweet sixeteens.Now I will admit 2017 in state recruiting is not looking to hot so far. Its almost as if kids in state don't want to play for him.

If IU fails to finish top 3 in B10 or fails to get deep into the tourney this year.....you better believe the heat will be on by spring.

And if he strikes out on the 2017 class, 2 years sounds about right.....for him to move on
#brokenrecord

I'll believe it when I see it. I think Glass would defend him just for making the Sweet 16 for the next 10 years no matter how loaded the team was.

Crean's record the last five years is better than Bob Knight's last five years at IU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT