ADVERTISEMENT

J J Redick

the guy is a douche of an announcer...

Fixed it for you.

It's the Duke way. Holier than thou...never mind who paid the rent on the mansion Zion's family lived it for the 8 months he was on campus. It's Duke...you're not supposed to ask those type of questions.

Coach K turned into RMK's own little frankenstein monster. (Halloween reference...not bad eh?)

the guy is a douche of an announcer...

Fixed it for you.

It's the Duke way. Holier than thou...never mind who paid the rent on the mansion Zion's family lived it for the 8 months he was on campus. It's Duke...you're not supposed to ask those type of questions.

Coach K turned into RMK's own little frankenstein monster. (Halloween reference...not bad eh?)
Never felt the dislike for Redick I did for several other Duke guys: Hurley, Grayson Allen, Chris Collins and naturally Laettner. Why were their white players so annoying? Redick to me was like Alford, not a great athlete who put in the work and got the most out of his skills. Could be said for most on this list, but Laettner was uber talented and Allen was a pretty good athlete.

Never felt the dislike for Redick I did for several other Duke guys: Hurley, Grayson Allen, Chris Collins and naturally Laettner. Why were their white players so annoying? Redick to me was like Alford, not a great athlete who put in the work and got the most out of his skills. Could be said for most on this list, but Laettner was uber talented and Allen was a pretty good athlete.
There is a common denominator, you can take them all and just divide by being a prick and a dirty player, my guess is Allen or Laettner wins

I think the disdain for Redick during his playing days was simply guilt by association. Vitale doesn't help, gushing over these guys on the air every game.

Laettner does a guest spot each year on a midwest fishing show I watch . They go up to Andy Myers lodge on Eagle Lake (Ontario) or sometimes LoTW and catch a bunch of big muskies. The host raves about how great a guy Laettner is, and apparently he does do a lot of local stuff for kids. But....even to this day, on a fishing show of all things....he still comes across as a loofy prick.

Last edited:
I think the disdain for Redick during his playing days was simply guilt by association. Vitale doesn't help, gushing over these guys on the air every game.

Laettner does a guest spot each year on a midwest fishing show I watch . They go up to Andy Myers lodge on Eagle Lake (Ontario) or sometimes LoTW and catch a bunch of big muskies. The host raves about how great a guy Laettner is, and apparently he does do a lot of local stuff for kids. But....even to this day, on a fishing show of all things....he still comes across as a loofy prick.
Redick is a terrible announcer, maybe he will get better, but mainly just talked about himself

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
When he played at Duke Laettner seemed like the spoiled rich kid who underneath must be soft, but he wasn’t because in reality he came from a working class family near Buffalo NY. He made it look so easy in college and this is probably why everyone hated him. Oh, and he played for Duke.

When he played at Duke Laettner seemed like the spoiled rich kid who underneath must be soft, but he wasn’t because in reality he came from a working class family near Buffalo NY. He made it look so easy in college and this is probably why everyone hated him. Oh, and he played for Duke.
he's always carried himself with an ample supply of smugness. Odd for working class product out of Buffalo.

And while we're on the topic...damn you, Ted Valentine.

And he stomped on players, even if it was a Kentuckian, he was dirty.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT