ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo comments on Knight

RegionHoosiers

Sophomore
Nov 9, 2021
I listened to the interview Izzo did about Knight. Had some nice comments. He talked about the MSU/IU game in Bloomington the year that MSU won the NCAA title and mentioned them between IU and about how Knight congratulated him after the game and told him MSU was good enough to win the title. But didn't IU win that game? I thought that was the OT game where Guyton missed the shot to win but Washington got the rebound and put it in. I thought MSU won out after that game that year. That was the best game I attended as a student - had floor seats under the basket closer to the MSU bench - so I'll never forget that. But maybe I had my years mixed it. Not a big deal but that game was incredible and I'm wondering if I'm remembering it right.

I unfortunately missed the game the next year when Haston hit the shot to win but it was the weekend before spring semester started and I didn't get back to Bloomington in time.

Reactions: kkott
I listened to the interview Izzo did about Knight. Had some nice comments. He talked about the MSU/IU game in Bloomington the year that MSU won the NCAA title and mentioned them between IU and about how Knight congratulated him after the game and told him MSU was good enough to win the title. But didn't IU win that game? I thought that was the OT game where Guyton missed the shot to win but Washington got the rebound and put it in. I thought MSU won out after that game that year. That was the best game I attended as a student - had floor seats under the basket closer to the MSU bench - so I'll never forget that. But maybe I had my years mixed it. Not a big deal but that game was incredible and I'm wondering if I'm remembering it right.

I unfortunately missed the game the next year when Haston hit the shot to win but it was the weekend before spring semester started and I didn't get back to Bloomington in time.
I saw that too (think BTN ran it) and the comments both in writing and interview by Jay Bilas. It was a good outpouring of love. The thing that was the saddest was hearing CMW talk about how he wished RMK's health had been better over these last few years, just so he could talk more bball with him. I know how sad Alzheimers and dementia are, and it's sad to think about it diminishing such a bright mind. The interviews and videos have been great to see so many positive sides and comments about Coach.

Reactions: BigMobe

Your memory of it matches mine. Sounds like we were both sitting in the same vicinity too.

If Izzo wasn't so successful, his antics would have got him canned by now. There have been several run-ins with players--on the court, going into the locker room, etc.--that border on abuse.

Reactions: edub72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT