ADVERTISEMENT

IUWBB

That’s a load of bullshit. Caitlin Harper is still on there.
Just been a fun team to watch all season. Coach Moren should be proud of their effort.
I doubt with Lilly and Wiseman that they go after a post in the portal this year. Right now with no addtional changes we are looking at a first five of Chloe, Parrish, Garzon, Lilly and either Bargesser or Lamendola probably starting.
IU staff should keep an eye on the center/ forward for Oregon State. Rumors are she may go portal because OSU is going to a lesser conference. I think her name is Beers.

Reactions: red hornet
Not the first time this season nor the closest game USCar has played this year. They had a few games in the SEC they were trailing in the second half.
The stat they showed last night said SCar averaged over 25+ victory margin and 15+ against top 20 teams. In other words, they didn’t have many close games.

I’m not surprised you showed up here again after the loss yesterday. I’m also not surprised you are trying to downplay a great effort by our team last night, especially after going on ad nauseum about how Moren has reached her ceiling here. According to you, we should not have been able to compete with a team full of athletes like USC has.

Don’t you have a WNIT game to look forward to?

The stat they showed last night said SCar averaged over 25+ victory margin and 15+ against top 20 teams. In other words, they didn’t have many close games.

I’m not surprised you showed up here again after the loss yesterday. I’m also not surprised you are trying to downplay a great effort by our team last night, especially after going on ad nauseum about how Moren has reached her ceiling here. According to you, we should not have been able to compete with a team full of athletes like USC has.

Don’t you have a WNIT game to look forward to?
Meh, not too excited about the loser WNIT tourney. IU did play well, but that didn't preclude USCar having eased up at half time. Funny thing about averages, some games are higher. Some lower. UTenn led USCar at halftime of a recent game.

• Haha
Reactions: MIS01
C. Harper is still going to games and some practices advising her sister, Madison has for personal reasons walled away from it all at this point in time. That's the difference.
So the roster being accurate for the WNIT passes the smell test for you? As if Harper sitting on the bench hurt is any different than Layden not being there at all?

Gearlds stepped in it here. And if you believe that excuse you’re not as bright as I’d like to think. Something stinks and it’s likely Katie Gearlds.

IU staff should keep an eye on the center/ forward for Oregon State. Rumors are she may go portal because OSU is going to a lesser conference. I think her name is Beers.
Maybe. I don’t get too excited about players that would be moving halfway across the country. Not that it can’t happen but I pay closer attention to Midwest portal entrants.

So the roster being accurate for the WNIT passes the smell test for you? As if Harper sitting on the bench hurt is any different than Layden not being there at all?

Gearlds stepped in it here. And if you believe that excuse you’re not as bright as I’d like to think. Something stinks and it’s likely Katie Gearlds.
I'm buying it... for now. I'll wait to raise hell until she isn't back on the roster once the loser tourneyis over

Maybe. I don’t get too excited about players that would be moving halfway across the country. Not that it can’t happen but I pay closer attention to Midwest portal entrants.
Interesting point. Do facts bear this out? I wonder what percent of players stay within 100 miles of where they were born?

I never said 100 miles. That’s incredibly limiting.
I am not one to limit in this world anymore when it comes to recruiting or portal. Our new freshman Fenn is from Buffalo, New York but is finishing her high school career at some type of academy in Arizona. Lamendola is from Texas, Chloe from Tennessee, Scalia from Minnesota and others from various locations.

I think Moren tries to get her culture and mindset as the critical points but even that does not always work out. We have lost players in the portal to Arizona, UCLA and St. Johns to name the biggest.

I am not one to limit in this world anymore when it comes to recruiting or portal. Our new freshman Fenn is from Buffalo, New York but is finishing her high school career at some type of academy in Arizona. Lamendola is from Texas, Chloe from Tennessee, Scalia from Minnesota and others from various locations.

I think Moren tries to get her culture and mindset as the critical points but even that does not always work out. We have lost players in the portal to Arizona, UCLA and St. Johns to name the biggest.
It’s certainly not impossible, but for my own expectations, I think probably at least 2/3 of players probably go to school in the region of the country where they live, generally speaking. That’s based on nothing other than casual observation of rosters.

Well she has been a 3 year starring PG on a team that has not lost a game with her in 3 years. So yea, people shiuld be high on her!!
That’s great. Truly. But I’m skeptical of that sort of record for small parochial schools, which I think is her background

That’s great. Truly. But I’m skeptical of that sort of record for small parochial schools, which I think is her background
To be fair, they are playing in 6A, whi h is thier largsst class even though they have a much smaller enrollment. At least feom what I saw on the Missouri Athletic aasociation site as well as Maxpreps

Yes, 5-10 G, Navaeth Caffey who is a smooth guard & very good on defense! She had offers from Mich. Pitt.. OK. among others.
Thanks. Could not recall her name had just read an article about her being a scrappy guard that plays the way Teri wants to go.

I think if IU wants national exposure and playing with the SC's and Uconns, the staff needs to get the best players from whenever. Oregon State should be in play, as well as East and Midwest. Uconn has a player from Fort Wayne( Homestead) and LA Lumiere ( Noblesville)

I think if IU wants national exposure and playing with the SC's and Uconns, the staff needs to get the best players from whenever. Oregon State should be in play, as well as East and Midwest. Uconn has a player from Fort Wayne( Homestead) and LA Lumiere ( Noblesville)
A program can be 100% all-in and the player still has to want to go there

Reactions: GOSHOE71
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT