ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs. Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol coming from the guy trolling the IU boards. IU lives rent free in all Purdue fans minds. You can see proof of that on every single kickoff for your team.

Living free in a Purdue minds. Yes! Only because prevailing 10 out of 11 contests and not 11 out 11! Damn . Those last couple bucket games on gridiron tough to counter against astute fans like yourself also!

Told you guys , want Purdue fans stay away tout your soccer program !! Can’t match that.

Your house divided guessing you also don’t wear pants in family. Behind every great woman is a IU husband !

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Living free in a Purdue minds. Yes! Only because prevailing 10 out of 11 contests and not 11 out 11! Damn . Those last couple bucket games on gridiron tough to counter against astute fans like yourself also!

Told you guys , want Purdue fans stay away tout your soccer program !! Can’t match that.

Your house divided guessing you also don’t wear pants in family. Behind every great woman is a IU husband !
Lol if IU doesn’t live rent free in your minds, why do you chant “IU Sucks” at every game when you aren’t playing IU? Why are you here on our board at 8 pm on Christmas Eve if we don’t live rent free in your mind? Why does your school need to constantly post things like “Our State”? If it really were your state, you wouldn’t have to tell people. You are and will always be little brother.

Are you saying you “wear the pants” in your household? Does that mean you just tell your wife what to do and make all the decisions for her? Seems healthy.

Lol if IU doesn’t live rent free in your minds, why do you chant “IU Sucks” at every game when you aren’t playing IU? Why are you here on our board at 8 pm on Christmas Eve if we don’t live rent free in your mind? Why does your school need to constantly post things like “Our State”? If it really were your state, you wouldn’t have to tell people. You are and will always be little brother.

Are you saying you “wear the pants” in your household? Does that mean you just tell your wife what to do and make all the decisions for her? Seems healthy.

Little brother love that counter ! Yes because we dominate in football and basketball , totally looking for affirmation ! Soccer and swimming start your arguments we go away I’m telling you !

And we should. I’d add in Villanova though.
Villanova way would be a good model. But will that work in portal times? We need kids like Gunn and Banks being okay sitting the bench one year. Guys like LD red shirting year one, sitting year two and being relevant years three through five.

Little brother love that counter ! Yes because we dominate in football and basketball , totally looking for affirmation ! Soccer and swimming start your arguments we go away I’m telling you !
“Dominate” lol. You beat us under Archie. Archie sucked. Last time I checked, even with Matt Painter’s “best team ever” Mike Woodson was able to split with him. What has Purdue football or basketball accomplished that’s relevant on the national scene?

maybe you can be a diving school though!!

I think you forgot to respond to my last question. By “wearing the pants” in your marriage, does that mean you control all aspects of your wife’s life? I’m getting serious Chris Beard vibes from you

Villanova way would be a good model. But will that work in portal times? We need kids like Gunn and Banks being okay sitting the bench one year. Guys like LD red shirting year one, sitting year two and being relevant years three through five.
No, we need a coach with a system proven to win at the college level and to recruit players to that system.

I think recruiting classes should be smaller now. Either elite recruits or high ceiling projects. Should have two or 3 transfers in each year. No more low ceiling 100+ ranked recruits.

“Dominate” lol. You beat us under Archie. Archie sucked. Last time I checked, even with Matt Painter’s “best team ever” Mike Woodson was able to split with him. What has Purdue football or basketball accomplished that’s relevant on the national scene?

maybe you can be a diving school though!!

I think you forgot to respond to my last question. By “wearing the pants” in your marriage, does that mean you control all aspects of your wife’s life? I’m getting serious Chris Beard vibes from you
No, but I’m not the guy that has kicked sand in your face at beach every vacation also!

Your a very peculiar figure here for sure . Not at all one that draws conflict from its own fan base either ! Ooy. Happy holidays and congrats on great win last night and good luck in the bowl game !

Those mid major guards held their own Gonzaga, Duke and Florida State.

How did our D1 athletic studs perform against Arizona and Kansas.

I can’t stand Purdue but I will give Painter respect for what he’s doing.
Painter is a good coach especially in December.

He uses a system that doesn't rely on guards breaking down defenses and making plays. A system that in many ways counter other teams normal habits. As teams become more proficient in floor play, which they will, those oddities will have less impact.

In tourney play, teams have to have guards that make plays because teams become more proficient at taking away post play. Ever notice they lose to better guard play every year? Like Swiss clockwork ..

As far as their mid major guards (that makes me laugh) Loyer is a baller, born to score. He'll be really scary, some day. Knuckle Dragger has game, a full PG kit, but he's still 5'11, not a good defender. That 6'5 upper torso on a 5'5 lower torso (lmao) helps him dribble because he's so low but I'm not sure it'll help him defend. Probably a bit top heavy. Right now they (the mid major backcourt) have it easy and only have to funnel into Edey.

Plus, Edey always plays drop coverage, mostly because he's unable to guard anything except the rim, there's a hole in the middle of their defense. Teams will become better at exploiting it .. the later it is in the season, the better teams become in proficiency especially floor game and shooting.

The least efficient play in basketball by percentage of success, is a post up on the low block. They rely on it to start action .. it's one reason they lose in March.

Last edited:

He uses a system that doesn't rely on guards breaking down defenses and making plays. A system that in many ways counter other teams normal habits. As teams become more proficient in floor play, which they will, those oddities will have less impact.

In tourney play, teams have to have guards that make plays because teams become more proficient at taking away post play. Ever notice they lose to better guard play every year? Like Swiss clockwork ..

As far as their mid major guards (that makes me laugh) Loyer is a baller, born to score. He'll be really scary, some day. Knuckle Dragger has game, a full PG kit, but he's still 5'11, not a good defender. That 6'5 upper torso on a 5'5 lower torso (lmao) helps him dribble because he's so low but I'm not sure it'll help him defend. Probably a bit top heavy. Right now they (the mid major backcourt) have it easy and only have to funnel into Edey.

Plus, Edey always plays drop coverage, mostly because he's unable to guard anything except the rim, there's a hole in the middle of their defense. Teams will become better at exploiting it .. the later it is in the season, the better teams become in proficiency especially floor game and shooting.

The least efficient play in basketball by percentage of success, is a post up on the low block. They rely on it to start action .. it's why they lose in March.
Great post. Hard to argue with that.

The least efficient play in basketball by percentage of success, is a post up on the low block. They rely on it to start action .. it's why they lose in March.

Lose in March , so spot on !

Tournaments last 5 years been in or past Sweet 16 four of those tournaments . IU fans are so damn informative. We so need validation !

No, but I’m not the guy that has kicked sand in your face at beach every vacation also!

Your a very peculiar figure here for sure . Not at all one that draws conflict from its own fan base either ! Ooy. Happy holidays and congrats on great win last night and good luck in the bowl game !
Whatever you were going for here, it didn’t land. I’ll expect better from you in the future.

Still waiting to hear what you think “wearing the pants” in the relationship means. Do you regret saying that at this point?

Lose in March , so spot on !

Tournaments last 5 years been in or past Sweet 16 four of those tournaments . IU fans are so damn informative. We so need validation !
Why are you here if you aren’t seeking validation? What has Purdue accomplished under Painter that is noteworthy on the national level? 1980 was the last time you did anything that anyone outside the Big Ten cares about. Keady and Keady 2.0 can’t even accomplish something that Mike Davis and Tom Crean did. Keep pounding your chest about squeaking out wins against Nebraska and Davidson though.

Why are you here if you aren’t seeking validation? What has Purdue accomplished under Painter that is noteworthy on the national level? 1980 was the last time you did anything that anyone outside the Big Ten cares about. Keady and Keady 2.0 can’t even accomplish something that Mike Davis and Tom Crean did. Keep pounding your chest about squeaking out wins against Nebraska and Davidson though.
Another IU fan that’s obviously never been involved in organization sports and basketball that just doesn’t get it. Street cred will always elude sadly .

Merry merry

• Haha
Another IU fan that’s obviously never been involved in organization sports and basketball that just doesn’t get it. Street cred will always elude sadly .

Merry merry
Lol what’s your sports resume?

Painter is a good coach, but he will never win anything of note at Purdue due to the lack of resources and shithole of a town.

Until that system faces off against quicker, better, mid major guards in the tourney, where that inside oriented guard play lacking system gets its ass handed to it, sure.

But, Painter might have fixed that by recruiting his own set of mid major guards.... if you can't beat em, recruit em....
******* dumb. For a guy who fancies himself an expert, this is a comically inaccurate post.

• Haha
Wooden , Wright and Boeheim all were head coaches at least 15 years and let’s see, they have 14 banners hanging. Hmmm!

You are obsessed with IU: you can't even stay away during the holidays. Get a life, loser troll.

Reactions: indiana ed
Wooden , Wright and Boeheim all were head coaches at least 15 years and let’s see, they have 14 banners hanging. Hmmm!
To win national championships, a school needs to be committed to winning and attractive to lure quality athletes. UCLA, Villanova, Syracuse, and Indiana have 120, 21, 15, and 24 team championships, respectively. PU has three, including two for golf. So, your analogy is weak. I'd say PU hanging a banner to be very remote. Merry Christmas!!

PU is absolutely, 110% worse without Ivey and Trevion. I'm guessing you would add them to this year's team in a heartbeat if it were possible. PU has not had a player like Ivey in 30 years.

Edey is taller than Trevion, not as skilled. Nebraska's zone held Edey to 10 p
What have you seen over and over again? Purdue usually losing to a higher seed in the tourney? That's what happens more than no

Your PG situation is a wash. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say Smith is better than Hunter, but Jenkins is garbage and not close to either IT or Hunter.

Hustle and toughness are subjective.

Your defense has yet to be tested. We will see if they are good defensively in Big Ten play. I don’t think IU’s defense has been very good this year, and we are still ranked ahead of you in Kenpom.

It’s hard to call it a shooting slump when we are 12 games into the season. That’s approaching the midway point, and you are almost out of cupcakes to pump up those numbers.
Have you watched any games? IT and Thompson better? That's like saying Phinisee was better than JHS. SMH.

Reactions: Bill4411
Have you watched any games? IT and Thompson better? That's like saying Phinisee was better than JHS. SMH.
Who are IT and Thompson? I don’t remember a Thompson other than IT.

I would say that Hunter and Smith are close and then IT was clearly better than Jenkins.

Lol what does this year’s team have that last year’s team didn’t have? Clearly it’s not shooting.
We are literally several points better shooting so far this season. Let’s see where things end up

Weird that literally every single other poster here was able to comprehend it correctly.
Still waiting for you to tell me where I said “So in his first 3 years, you would be cool with Woodson finishing 9th, 4-5, and 7-10?”

You guys realize the same OP started identical threads on both boards, right?

If the game were tomorrow, how do you think it would play out?

Since the game is not for a bit of time, and each team will continue to grow and improve, how do you think the first match up will play out?

I am curious as to your thoughts on where you see both teams and the improvements leading up to the first match up will have on the game.
Game tomorrow…Bloomington close IU win. WLaughy…comfy Purdue win.

When the games actually happen…two competitive games. Home teams win close games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT