ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs. Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol do you think everyone at a company makes the same $$$? No, the top employees make more.

The Illinois players don’t hate each other. They hate their coach.

Wrong. Hawkins was ready to leave the team until he got NIL deals to match the transfers.

There is public information. Purdue produced $170k for across the board for their athletes last year. WEAK SAUCE.

Brohm’s comments were very clear. He was clearly implying Louisville is in a much better situation from a NIL perspective. Are you too dumb to understand that?

There is also private information that you aren’t privy too.
You are inferring what you want out of his comment. Brohm's statement said no such thing. I am not "that dumb", rather I understand the difference between an implication and an inference.If he wanted to make the point that you seem to have inferred, he could have said that it was more generous, or larger, or better structured. He said neither. Brohm has the ability to speak clearly when he wants to. If he wanted to criticize Purdue's NIL plan he could have with nothing holding him back. He did not.

Depends on where it is played. It would be tough for either team to win away. IU is better than they were last year and PU is worse. I don't care what PU is ranked, they don't have anybody on their team this year that is better than Ivey or Trevion. Run Nebraska's game plan.
I am not sure PU is worse this yr. They share the ball a lot more because they don't have Ivey. Edey has improved this yr no doubt.

Reactions: BoilerN
I am not sure PU is worse this yr. They share the ball a lot more because they don't have Ivey. Edey has improved this yr no doubt.
Was IU better off without Eric Gordon or Calbert Cheaney? Come on, now. In any sport, you are always, always, always, always better off having elite talent. A talent like Ivey comes around about once every few decades at PU: they blew their shot against mid-majors.

Was IU better off without Eric Gordon or Calbert Cheaney? Come on, now. In any sport, you are always, always, always, always better off having elite talent.
Sure, but one player does not make Purdue worse this year. The sum is greater than the really good player last year. Purdue also also more style flexible this year as the can go small and run if needed. This year's team would beat last year's. But I understand. Last year's sweet 16 team being worse than this years team does not fit your narrative of last year being "Painter's best team ever" even though it was not. Question is, will more elite guards come to Purdue since Painter has shown he can feature guards after everyone said "is not a guard friendly offense". Is think so...

Sure, but one player does not make Purdue worse this year. The sum is greater than the really good player last year. Purdue also also more style flexible this year as the can go small and run if needed. This year's team would beat last year's. But I understand. Last year's sweet 16 team being worse than this years team does not fit your narrative of last year being "Painter's best team ever" even though it was not. Question is, will more elite guards come to Purdue since Painter has shown he can feature guards after everyone said "is not a guard friendly offense". Is think so...
The Bulls were better off without Michael Jordan: sure. You are just making excuses and hope springs eternal. I have 19 years of data to base my points on (not that it takes 19 years), while you have black and gold colored glasses. No other coach in the country gets 19 years to prove himself as a coach: only at PU.

Ivey is the anomaly at PU, and Painter couldn't get past mid-majors when it mattered with him.

Hey slow down. This is making way too much sense for some folks here to grasp.

It's almost impossible not to distinguish some of the folk here who have never played organized team sports(specifically basketball) and fail to understand the concept of team basketball. Superstars don't guarantee success in college basketball. Kentucky has been the proof of that.

Very good post. Hope some can grasp but I'm not optimistic they will.

Reactions: BoilerN
Hey slow down. This is making way too much sense for some folks here to grasp.

It's almost impossible not to distinguish some of the folk here who have never played organized team sports(specifically basketball) and fail to understand the concept of team basketball. Superstars don't guarantee success in college basketball. Kentucky has been the proof of that.

Very good post. Hope some can grasp but I'm not optimistic they will.
I'd rather have Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen on my team than not. It is X's and O's and Jimmy's and Joe's. I'll take Calipari's record and players over Painter's every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

ding ding ding we have a winner!
I haven't touched a basketball in years and have a bad left shoulder, but I would bet the farm I would kick your ass on the basketball court today. Don't assume anything about me.

Calipari's record and recruiting are light years beyond Painter's: what am I missing other than gold and black colored glasses? If somebody wants to say that the Bulls were better off without Michael Jordan, then I will shut up.

I haven't touched a basketball in years and have a bad left shoulder, but I would bet the farm I would kick your ass on the basketball court today. Don't assume anything about me.

You are so transparent you know little about team building and what traits and characteristics are involved in putting together a winning team and program. Sorry Jim, that's church here man.

Have a happy holiday though.

You are so transparent you know little about team building and what traits and characteristics are involved in putting together a winning team and program. Sorry Jim, that's church here man.

Have a happy holiday though.
I know that I would rather have Michael Jordan and elite talent on my team than not: that requires zero thought process.

The Bulls were better off without Michael Jordan: sure. You are just making excuses and hope springs eternal. I have 19 years of data to base my points on (not that it takes 19 years), while you have black and gold colored glasses. No other coach in the country gets 19 years to prove himself as a coach: only at PU.

Ivey is the anomaly at PU, and Painter couldn't get past mid-majors when it mattered with him.
Because ivey is a great player, but had his issues still. Carsen Edward was the better college player.

Calipari's record and recruiting are light years beyond Painter's: what am I missing other than gold and black colored glasses? If somebody wants to say that the Bulls were better off without Michael Jordan, then I will shut up.
Sure. They recruit very different players. UK has how many 5 star players last year and lost to st. Peters. How bad is caliperi to lose with the best recruits in the country? At least Painter could say he had all 3 star players... speaking of which, this board didn't think ivey was that good of a recruit.

I'd expect caliperi to make the elite 8 every year though since he's so good. And Painter to be a fringe tourney team. Which i was told Purdue was this year.

Sure. They recruit very different players. UK has how many 5 star players last year and lost to st. Peters. How bad is caliperi to lose with the best recruits in the country? At least Painter could say he had all 3 star players... speaking of which, this board didn't think ivey was that good of a recruit.

I'd expect caliperi to make the elite 8 every year though since he's so good. And Painter to be a fringe tourney team. Which i was told Purdue was this year.
Calipari has a National Championship and has taken 3 different schools to Final Fours. I don't know what point you are trying to make, but comparing Calipari and Painter is a waste of time. Calipari is clearly the better coach and recruiter, and his record is overwhelming proof: next topic. It is no accident that Calipari's record is way better than Painter's.

Go ahead and say the Bulls were better off without Michael Jordan, and we can move on. I'll bet PU was better off without Glenn Robinson as well.

Calipari has a National Championship and has taken 3 different schools to Final Fours. I don't know what point you are trying to make, but comparing Calipari and Painter is a waste of time. Calipari is clearly the better coach and recruiter, and his record is overwhelming proof: next topic. It is no accident that Calipari's record is way better than Painter's.

Go ahead and say the Bulls were better off without Michael Jordan, and we can move on. I'll bet PU was better off without Glenn Robinson as well.
That's why I don't expect him to lose to a 15th seed in the first round of the NCAA tourney. So him losing to st. Peters is even more embarrassing, but you seem to disagree.

Anyways, time to finish cooking, so have a good Christmas.

That's why I don't expect him to lose to a 15th seed in the first round of the NCAA tourney. So him losing to st. Peters is even more embarrassing, but you seem to disagree.

Anyways, time to finish cooking, so have a good Christmas.
The difference is Calipari has taken 3 different schools to the FF and won a National Championship. Most programs don't have a great NCAA run every year. A program's odds to do well increase with better talent.

If you don't want to say the Bulls were better off without Jordan, fine. Merry Christmas!

Agree he could get a bucket when needed. Anything different from Painter. What does that exactly mean? Think the experts back in September(or Purdue followers for that matter) genuinely thought Purdue would be ranked as high as they are or having early success? Your saying the coaching hasn't made any difference? You will obviously counter with history in tournament and of course some disappointment.

Are you aware that out of the last 5 tournaments only 4 teams have made it to the second week Sweet 16 four out of those five years. Painter and Purdue being one of those four. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on Painter. My opinion is that you are a minority in that thinking but again, your entitled.
Painter is very good and he has his system well oiled.

IU would do well to adopt his system rather than trying to recruit a team of five stars.

IU would do well to adopt his system rather than trying to recruit a team of five stars.
Until that system faces off against quicker, better, mid major guards in the tourney, where that inside oriented guard play lacking system gets its ass handed to it, sure.

But, Painter might have fixed that by recruiting his own set of mid major guards.... if you can't beat em, recruit em....

Last edited:
Until that system faces off against quicker, better, mid major guards in the tourney, where that inside oriented guard play lacking system gets its ass handed to it, sure.

But, Painter might have fixed that by recruiting his own set of mid major guards.... if you can't beat em, recruit em....
dumb

Mid major guards that is classic !
I’m just hoping St Mary’s in the West and we are no where near. That team late the woodshed man
St. Mary's was no 15 seed. PU and Painter's best team ever helped the Peacocks make history: first 15 seed to ever make the Elite 8.

St. Mary's was no 15 seed. PU and Painter's best team ever helped the Peacocks make history: first 15 seed to ever make the Elite 8.

Jimmy john joe jim,

Remember,

Just cause you have a portable basket in your drive way and can shoot hoops once every couple of weeks DOES not make a person a intelligent poster on basketball! We talked about this. Leave it to the Indiana and Purdue fans that know something a little more about the sport from experience. Here endeth the lesson. But....

have a great holiday

Jimmy john joe jim,

Remember,

Just cause you have a portable basket in your drive way and can shoot hoops once every couple of weeks DOES not make a person a intelligent poster on basketball! We talked about this. Leave it to the Indiana and Purdue fans that know something a little more about the sport from experience. Here endeth the lesson. But....

have a great holiday
You are a troll: no more, no less.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

Those mid major guards held their own Gonzaga, Duke and Florida State.

How did our D1 athletic studs perform against Arizona and Kansas.

I can’t stand Purdue but I will give Painter respect for what he’s doing.

Last year’s Purdue team was unquestionably better. Williams better than Furst. Ivey better than Loyer. Sasha better than Morton. Your bench really is not very good this year.

I think we would be better off copying the teams that actually make final 4s and win championships.

Those mid major guards held their own Gonzaga, Duke and Florida State.

How did our D1 athletic studs perform against Arizona and Kansas.

I can’t stand Purdue but I will give Painter respect for what he’s doing.
Florida state? They are absolute garbage. Gonzaga and Duke aren’t nearly as good as Kansas and Arizona. The same days IU was playing those two teams Purdue was struggling to beat Nebraska and Davidson.

Reactions: indiana ed
Last year’s Purdue team was unquestionably better. Williams better than Furst. Ivey better than Loyer. Sasha better than Morton. Your bench really is not very good this year.

Over used phrase rent free. Totally applies to you regarding Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT