ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs. Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsa

Redshirt
Jul 18, 2004
If the game were tomorrow, how do you think it would play out?

Since the game is not for a bit of time, and each team will continue to grow and improve, how do you think the first match up will play out?

I am curious as to your thoughts on where you see both teams and the improvements leading up to the first match up will have on the game.

Since the game is not for a bit of time, and each team will continue to grow and improve, how do you think the first match up will play out?

I am curious as to your thoughts on where you see both teams and the improvements leading up to the first match up will have on the game.
Well all things considered, no X or TJD, I wouldnt like the Hoosiers chances. Lil alone at 100% at this point.

Well all things considered, no X or TJD, I wouldnt like the Hoosiers chances. Lil alone at 100% at this point.
I heard about X but not about TJD. That would be a serious problem as he always appeared to be the teams' inspiration and leader. Is he out for the season?

I think TJD would play and I noticed Edey did not play in their last game so he is dinged up as well….I think Purdue still pulls it out but close

Still think pair of Frosh guards start faltering under night after night of B1G assault. Don't believe Hood paired with TG/Bates wilts as easily. As usual though outside shooting, TO's and D will rule. Gonna be fun, home or away.

Depends on where it is played. It would be tough for either team to win away. IU is better than they were last year and PU is worse. I don't care what PU is ranked, they don't have anybody on their team this year that is better than Ivey or Trevion. Run Nebraska's game plan.

Last edited:
Depends on where it is played. It would be tough for either team to win away. IU is better than they were last year and PU is worse. I don't care what PU is ranked, they don't have anybody on their team this year that is better than Ivey or Trevion. Run Nebraska's game plan.

Interesting. You really think PU is worse? Talent doesn't always equate being better if players don't adhere to system and team goals. Edey is playing much better than Trevion ever was in all areas. I'm guessing they will adjust to the double teaming on Edey also. We will see.
Good chance each holds serve at home and would love to see a matchup in the B10 tourney on neutral court.

Reactions: kkott
I hope Purdue's season doesn't get derailed from Edy possibly having Covid as the Big 10 season approaches.

Edey is better than Trevion. Edey is arguably the most dominant player in college this year up to this point. No worse than first team All American.

IU wins at home. Purdue wins at home.

Purdue would win on a neutral court at this time. IMHO

Reactions: stollcpa
Interesting. You really think PU is worse? Talent doesn't always equate being better if players don't adhere to system and team goals. Edey is playing much better than Trevion ever was in all areas. I'm guessing they will adjust to the double teaming on Edey also. We will see.
Good chance each holds serve at home and would love to see a matchup in the B10 tourney on neutral court.
PU is absolutely, 110% worse without Ivey and Trevion. I'm guessing you would add them to this year's team in a heartbeat if it were possible. PU has not had a player like Ivey in 30 years.

Edey is taller than Trevion, not as skilled. Nebraska's zone held Edey to 10 points or so.

PU is absolutely, 110% worse without Ivey and Trevion. I'm guessing you would add them to this year's team in a heartbeat if it were possible. PU has not had a player like Ivey in 30 years.

Edey is taller than Trevion, not as skilled. Nebraska's zone held Edey to 10 points or so.

Interesting. 110% worse they must be doing it with smoke and mirrors this year in your eyes. Those two players were really good and your right, Ivey was unlike anything they had in 30 years. They were a really good team winning 29 games. This current group seems to be much more balanced though and much better defensively which was a huge issue with last year's team. Will be interesting to see how it plays out when both teams meet.

Interesting. 110% worse they must be doing it with smoke and mirrors this year in your eyes. Those two players were really good and your right, Ivey was unlike anything they had in 30 years. They were a really good team winning 29 games. This current group seems to be much more balanced though and much better defensively which was a huge issue with last year's team. Will be interesting to see how it plays out when both teams meet.
Ivey scored 6 points against Saint Peters. He was a one man ball hog. College is not the NBA.

Purdue in a close one at assembly. Pu blows us out at Mackey
That’s what i thought last year and it didn’t happen. In fact we won here and had a chance to win in Mackey. I think IU fans are just so down on the team right now they are exaggerating their predictions. No way Purdue is as good as AZ or Kansas, regardless of this early ranking.

Don’t forget that college basketball is much worse overall than last year.

This year's PU team is very Edey and freshman dependent, especially Edey. Say what you will about Ivey, but he could go get a bucket when needed: PU doesn't have that this year. You aren't going to see anything different this year from Painter.

This year's PU team is very Edey and freshman dependent, especially Edey. Say what you will about Ivey, but he could go get a bucket when needed: PU doesn't have that this year. You aren't going to see anything different this year from Painter.

Agree he could get a bucket when needed. Anything different from Painter. What does that exactly mean? Think the experts back in September(or Purdue followers for that matter) genuinely thought Purdue would be ranked as high as they are or having early success? Your saying the coaching hasn't made any difference? You will obviously counter with history in tournament and of course some disappointment.

Are you aware that out of the last 5 tournaments only 4 teams have made it to the second week Sweet 16 four out of those five years. Painter and Purdue being one of those four. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on Painter. My opinion is that you are a minority in that thinking but again, your entitled.

Agree he could get a bucket when needed. Anything different from Painter. What does that exactly mean? Think the experts back in September(or Purdue followers for that matter) genuinely thought Purdue would be ranked as high as they are or having early success? Your saying the coaching hasn't made any difference? You will obviously counter with history in tournament and of course some disappointment.

Are you aware that out of the last 5 tournaments only 4 teams have made it to the second week Sweet 16 four out of those five years. Painter and Purdue being one of those four. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on Painter. My opinion is that you are a minority in that thinking but again, your entitled.
Don’t forget the year they were going to miss the tournament in that stretch.

111% disagree. 110% worse and Purdue is currently #1 lol

Last years team had a defense and effort problem that some IU fans may not have noticed having not followed every game. College basketball tends to be who has the better sum of parts, not the best talent. Having watched both teams, at this moment, I’d rather take this team over last years.

111% disagree. 110% worse and Purdue is currently #1 lol

Last years team had a defense and effort problem that some IU fans may not have noticed having not followed every game. College basketball tends to be who has the better sum of parts, not the best talent. Having watched both teams, at this moment, I’d rather take this team over last years.
purdue vs indiana. predictions? i will get the thread back on track.

happy holidays to everybody!

Purdue needed a lot of buckets for st. Peters and ivey was no where to be found. Ivey is super talented. Take nothing away from that. But this year's team has a lot of stuff that that team lacked. This year's team is better than last years team. Shocked me because I didn't want to rely on freshman, but those freshman have made this team better, tougher, and they play harder. No ifs ands or buts.

That’s what i thought last year and it didn’t happen. In fact we won here and had a chance to win in Mackey. I think IU fans are just so down on the team right now they are exaggerating their predictions. No way Purdue is as good as AZ or Kansas, regardless of this early ranking.
Hard to dispute with the wins they have.

Reactions: BoilerN
Don't forget the Mean Green, Peacocks, and 1980. When you've seen the same thing over and over again, whether it is 19 or 43 times, you know how it ends.
What have you seen over and over again? Purdue usually losing to a higher seed in the tourney? That's what happens more than not vs Painter.

Technically, Big Dog was 26 years ago so Purdue has had a player better than Ivey in 30 years.

Last years team was more talented, this team is a better team. This years team defends extremely well and doesn't turn the ball over, two things that they sucked at last year.

I'm not going to discount Tre's skill level, a really solid player who was productive all four years at Purdue. As of now, Edey would be a first team All-American, Big Ten POY, and in the discussion for national POY. I'll take Edey 10 out of 10 times...

This years team is better which is a testimonial to Matt and the program. You lose a guy like Tre and a lottery pick in Jaden and are even better.

Purdue is the first Big Ten team in 46 years to be #1 two consecutive years.

"Purdue is the first Big Ten team in 46 years to be #1 two consecutive years."

Congrats to PU......but really?....46 years for the B10 ?1

What have you seen over and over again? Purdue usually losing to a higher seed in the tourney? That's what happens more than not vs Painter.
It ends with PU and Painter not doing anything at the national level since 1980: I agree. This same exact thing happened last year and ended in the Peacocks. PU fans think they are going to see something different.

Purdue needed a lot of buckets for st. Peters and ivey was no where to be found. Ivey is super talented. Take nothing away from that. But this year's team has a lot of stuff that that team lacked. This year's team is better than last years team. Shocked me because I didn't want to rely on freshman, but those freshman have made this team better, tougher, and they play harder. No ifs ands or buts.
Lol what does this year’s team have that last year’s team didn’t have? Clearly it’s not shooting.

We think they would have missed it. Without big ten tourney, it's hard to say for sure.
Unless they won the whole thing (which they weren’t going to do), they would have missed the tourney. Getting deep dicked by Rutgers put the final nail in that coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT