ADVERTISEMENT

IU soccer

GeddyHoosier

All-Big Ten
Feb 1, 2006
If you're bummed about basketball and football this year and need something IU related to get excited about, check out what the men's soccer team is up to. Todd has a great team this year that has put up some incredible numbers. They had an undefeated regular season, but fell to Wisconsin on penalty kicks in the BIG title game. They are the overall #2 seed in the NCAA tourney, which means 3 potential home games to earn a College Cup trip. First match is Sunday vs. ODU or NC State. This team has a great shot to win title #9. Come join us on the soccer board and enjoy the ride!

If you're bummed about basketball and football this year and need something IU related to get excited about, check out what the men's soccer team is up to. Todd has a great team this year that has put up some incredible numbers. They had an undefeated regular season, but fell to Wisconsin on penalty kicks in the BIG title game. They are the overall #2 seed in the NCAA tourney, which means 3 potential home games to earn a College Cup trip. First match is Sunday vs. ODU or NC State. This team has a great shot to win title #9. Come join us on the soccer board and enjoy the ride!
Totally agree, but I’m not really sure how football being in literally the exact same situation they’ve been in each of the last two years is an awful situation. They’re probably going to go to a third straight bowl. That has happened one time. Ever. We’ve also never beat PU 5 times in a row.

I don’t get why people go into a season expecting a mid-level bowl, and then freak out and give up when they look like they’re going to go to a mid-level bowl. Everyone knew the back part of the schedule was easier.

But yes, IU soccer is definitely worth watching as well.

Soccer is that sport that everybody said, 25 years ago, would replace football and basketball as America's favorite sport. Still waiting on that one. The one thing it did was propel the automotive industry with the sales of vans for the soccer moms.

In any event, I hope they succeed but how in the heck can you lose your conference title game to the #5 seed?
Disappointing.

Reactions: abraxis
Soccer is that sport that everybody said, 25 years ago, would replace football and basketball as America's favorite sport. Still waiting on that one. The one thing it did was propel the automotive industry with the sales of vans for the soccer moms.

In any event, I hope they succeed but how in the heck can you lose your conference title game to the #5 seed?
Disappointing.
It went to PK's and that can become a crap shoot. I watched the 2nd half and both OT's and IU was in control but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. The weather was downright awful as well - rain and 40 degrees.

Soccer is great to watch and IU is outstanding. I truly feel that football will wane (mainly due the dangers of the sport) and soccer will continue to thrive.

Their defense is really good this year. They had a stretch of like 7 or 8 shut outs in a row. That's the route of defense that can win titles as long as the offense can produce a little.

Wisconsin may have been the 5 seed, but they still are a top 25 and would've been in the tourney either way. 5 teams from the B10 made it. IU dominated that game, but just couldn't get one in. Didn't trail in anything other than PK's the entire year. 2 seed, overall, for good reason. Should have a good chance. As for basketball and football, who was expecting miracles?

How can a soccer team say it is "undefeated" when 3 of it's 8 conference matches ended in a tie?

Somebody said we won the Big Ten. Wasn't that technically Michigan?

How can a soccer team say it is "undefeated" when 3 of it's 8 conference matches ended in a tie?

Somebody said we won the Big Ten. Wasn't that technically Michigan?

because i don't think that word means what you think it means...

I did not realize that IU has not won the Big Ten regular season title in soccer since 2010!!!!

That's a 7 year stretch. From 1991-2000, we dominated the conference and then the last 15 years, not so much. Yeagley Jr. looks as promising as his dad with a .783 winning percentage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT