ADVERTISEMENT

IU is THE bottom of the Big Ten

4IUfourever

Junior
Oct 22, 2002
They are on the same level as Northwestern, Penn State, and Wisconsin used to be in the early 90's. Pathetic basketball, piss poor players, and horrible coaches. I have no other way to explain it. There must be a curse on IU basketball. Burn it down from top to bottom--all coaches and all players-- and start from scratch. It can't get any worse than it already is.

This is what happens when you have a AD who in all accounts nice guy but has no clue what he is doing. I'm no rocket scientist but if I just started a job I'm going all in for the best coach I can find your telling me Mike Woodson was his top choice. No college coaching experience really Scott? I think Quinn Buckner had all the say and its backfiring on him and Scott.

They are on the same level as Northwestern, Penn State, and Wisconsin used to be in the early 90's. Pathetic basketball, piss poor players, and horrible coaches. I have no other way to explain it. There must be a curse on IU basketball. Burn it down from top to bottom--all coaches and all players-- and start from scratch. It can't get any worse than it already is.
Three injured starters say hi

dont know many other P5 collegiate schools that suck annually in both football and basketball!
I think if you attach dollars to wins, would be interesting to see ROI compared by other schools. IUFB has lost more games than any D1 program. Ever. IU is paying top dollar for 18 wins. It would be a very interesting exercise,

It starts by making bad hires. You know an ad normally looks for a coach who had some success at the college level. Not an nba guy who never coached college and was below average in the nba at best.

This is what happens when you have a AD who in all accounts nice guy but has no clue what he is doing. I'm no rocket scientist but if I just started a job I'm going all in for the best coach I can find your telling me Mike Woodson was his top choice. No college coaching experience really Scott? I think Quinn Buckner had all the say and its backfiring on him and Scott.

Wasn't it well reported that Dolson went after Stevens first?

My very strong guess is the money that helped fire Archie came with some “guidance”. Sounded like that guidance was get Stevens. When that didn’t work out it probably shifted to “get an IU guy”.

My very strong guess is the money that helped fire Archie came with some “guidance”. Sounded like that guidance was get Stevens. When that didn’t work out it probably shifted to “get an IU guy”.
I would guess Cook is not very happy with his investment at this point. I think they flopped on a number of coaches and Buckner championed Woodson. Dolson had to make it look okay, so he hired Matta.

Reactions: bailey777
I would guess Cook is not very happy with his investment at this point. I think they flopped on a number of coaches and Buckner championed Woodson. Dolson had to make it look okay, so he hired Matta.
Very possible. I think though the Archie experience probably pushed them all into an IU guy being a priority after Stevens turned it down. The RMK Assembly Hall return, and how Archie handled it, sealed his fate and probably set the course for an IU guy.

Very possible. I think though the Archie experience probably pushed them all into an IU guy being a priority after Stevens turned it down. The RMK Assembly Hall return, and how Archie handled it, sealed his fate and probably set the course for an IU guy.
How Archie handled it? They got smoked, but that was because of shitty coaching. The same would happen if Knight returned for a game now.

Very possible. I think though the Archie experience probably pushed them all into an IU guy being a priority after Stevens turned it down. The RMK Assembly Hall return, and how Archie handled it, sealed his fate and probably set the course for
Well they got their iu guy. The question is how long will it take before they admit it was a mistake?

Dolson by all accounts thought he had Stevens. When that flopped Buckner moved in and hired his buddy. If it had to be an IU guy Alford was the only one remotely qualified but Buckner supposedly despises him.

Dolson by all accounts thought he had Stevens. When that flopped Buckner moved in and hired his buddy. If it had to be an IU guy Alford was the only one remotely qualified but Buckner supposedly despises him.
The insider on Btown Banners at the time was convinced we had Stevens and said it was why the donor put up the 10 million. I think the donor was the Phau family he said. I am pretty sure they are not putting up the 10 million if they know IU is hiring Woodson. It is obvious even Dolson knew the Woodson hire would not be populare so he ran out and got Matta and Fife to try and calm people nerves. The only thing Woodson has been good at is gettting the players to stay for another year. But his coaching is just flat out bad.

The game at Minnesota in a few weeks will likely determine who sits in last place us or them.

JHS is certainly an upgrade at point. While injuries have had an impact, I would argue the issues with this team (program) run much deeper than the injuries.
#PROGRAM/PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
As a primary ball handler JHS brings scoring.

But, defensively X was close to an elite on ball defender. That’s an important role, a good one can cut the head off the snake, so to speak.

Fight, scratch, claw to get to .500 in conference. Even a game or two under with a good BTT showing might get us on the bubble.

If we’re being optimistic, the experience that Jalen and Malik are getting right now is invaluable. If we could somehow, some way get X and Race back before the tournament, I still think they can be a dangerous team.

Fife cursed the program. We won’t win again until Woody switches from CNN to Fox News.
Fight, scratch, claw to get to .500 in conference. Even a game or two under with a good BTT showing might get us on the bubble.

If we’re being optimistic, the experience that Jalen and Malik are getting right now is invaluable. If we could somehow, some way get X and Race back before the tournament, I still think they can be a dangerous team.
wven if they do come back, it will take 3/4 games for them to be close to normal. This isnt a video game where they come back 100%. Jesus. Only chance I feel is to get them back, 3-4 games left and try win the B1G tourney. But that aint happening. Five games in five days? nope.

If rumors are true they likely will not be back tell mid February when we only have five conference games left. That will be far too late as it will take them several weeks to even get back up to speed. We were not even a dangerous team before they got hurt so yeah it likely will not happen.

wven if they do come back, it will take 3/4 games for them to be close to normal. This isnt a video game where they come back 100%. Jesus. Only chance I feel is to get them back, 3-4 games left and try win the B1G tourney. But that aint happening. Five games in five days? nope.
Thanks for correcting me, I was under the impression that this was a video game. You seem to be under the impression that players coming back from injury take the cast off in the morning and hit the floor that night.

It’s still a massive long shot to make the tourney but there is also no reason to believe that upperclassmen starters will be completely out of sync upon return. They will have weeks of partial and full practice before hitting the floor in a real game.

Thanks for correcting me, I was under the impression that this was a video game. You seem to be under the impression that players coming back from injury take the cast off in the morning and hit the floor that night.

It’s still a massive long shot to make the tourney but there is also no reason to believe that upperclassmen starters will be completely out of sync upon return. They will have weeks of partial and full practice before hitting the floor in a real game.
Isnt this bascially the same conversation we have every year. If we can just make a run or win the BTT tourney we can make the dance. Last year was the only year I can recall we made the semis in a very long time. We are usually one and done.

Hopefully, you are not one of the posters banging their chest at how deep this team is during the pre-season.
Like those saying we were going to go 12 deep. Race would not be starting because Malik was going to take his spot. Banks would see quality minutes. The same type of talk happens every single year but this year it was more over the top than most years.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I would tend to agree, maybe we should ask Ed Hightower or Ted Valentine about a voodoo curse.

Like those saying we were going to go 12 deep. Race would not be starting because Malik was going to take his spot. Banks would see quality minutes. The same type of talk happens every single year but this year it was more over the top than most years.
Even through the UNC game Reneau did look like a mainstay in the rotation and potential starter. I heard Dustin Diporak from the Indy Star say he was quite surprised that Reneau had fallen off so much. During the UNC game Bilas commented on how Reneau was going to be really good. I don’t know what’s happened, but it seems everyone felt he and JHS would be major pieces of the puzzle this year.

And as I recall, outside of those two freshmen most of us saw a few other guys as key role players, like Galloway, Bates, and Geronimo. That’s 9 deep and not unreasonable to think this could’ve happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT