ADVERTISEMENT

Its my job to get them to play harder, again, and again

BAMAFORIU

Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2001
This is the only thing consistent about this team-the coaches stand line of "its my job to get them to play harder. Perhaps the wrong coach was fired, perhaps we need Dane Fife who understands coaching college ball is different from coaching pro ball, unless you have pro players.

I do think Woodson gives way too much leeway and respect to his players. The fundamental flaws- going for blocks instead of staying in position, one handed errant pass turnovers....that stuff doesn't work in college.

Reactions: IUgradman
Fife should have been the hire.
Perhaps people are right. Woody was only hired because he was an IU guy and we are the only major program that would have made that hire.

That would be even more the case with Fife. WTH has he accomplished as a coach? Programs are not exactly beating g his doors down. It would be crazy to hand him the keys.

Perhaps people are right. Woody was only hired because he was an IU guy and we are the only major program that would have made that hire.

That would be even more the case with Fife. WTH has he accomplished as a coach? Programs are not exactly beating g his doors down. It would be crazy to hand him the keys.
We handed them to Woodson..
Where's that getting us ?.
You think he rights this ship ?
I'm a non believer...

Davis and Sheyer were both assistants and now hold 2 of the top 3 jobs in college basketball.

Reactions: brianiu
I'm a non believer...
Not saying that at all. Things don't look good and I'm assuming recruiting is about to get more difficult. I'm simply saying Fife is not the answer.

Reactions: bailey777
Not saying that at all. Things don't look good and I'm assuming recruiting is about to get more difficult. I'm simply saying Fife is not the answer.
From the last round.. After Archie....
It doesn't sound like everyone is clamoring to come to Btown anymore...
Idk..It's looking looking bad for us..As each week passes..

Agree there. I'm guessing we will have to go with a younger and less proven coach than most of the fanbase would like.

Some of the shine is off this job it seems.

I'm a non believer...

I do not watch much NBA but the way I see it to run NBA things in college you need superior talent not role players like Purdue or WIsconsin has. So Woodson has to land high level talent imo and without winning big I do not see that happening.

This is the only thing consistent about this team-the coaches stand line of "its my job to get them to play harder. Perhaps the wrong coach was fired, perhaps we need Dane Fife who understands coaching college ball is different from coaching pro ball, unless you have pro players.
💯
As soon as Fife was let go I knew something was probably wrong with the direction. Fifes resume for the job was outstanding.

Really? Another team's assistant is good enough for IU? At least Woodson has experience being in charge.
Beard should have been the hire.
But hopefully his nothing burger is a blessing in disguise and theres a srs chance of landing him at IU once the fake news media finds a new hard on.
That said Fife def shoulda been coach > Woodson.

Agree there. I'm guessing we will have to go with a younger and less proven coach than most of the fanbase would like.

Money always speaks bigger volumes over prestige.
The problem is IU isnt paying up for whatever reason

i think that's exactly what happened. dolson went through options 1 2 3 4 and 5. no one wanted the job. he had to settle.

Reactions: Radio Zero

Dunno he did well in getting IPFW to winning games. Doesn't mean he should have been the hire but he did improve wins each of the seasons he was head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT