ADVERTISEMENT

It was good while it lasted

4IUfourever

Junior
Oct 22, 2002
Knew this run was coming. Same old Hoosiers. They can’t put together a 40 minute game.

Tired of the mediocrity. I don’t understand how other blue bloods have a “down” year but bounce back the next. IU has had a down year since 1992-93. I don’t get it.

(Side note: I’ve had 5 beers, so my gloom meter is at full throttle)

Reactions: IUgradman
Knew this run was coming. Same old Hoosiers. They can’t put together a 40 minute game.

Tired of the mediocrity. I don’t understand how other blue bloods have a “down” year but bounce back the next. IU has had a down year since 1992-93. I don’t get it.

Yeah, thought we might pull this one out. Got off to a fast scoring start, team looked tougher.

Once up 14, up 8 at the half, now down 9. That's a 23 point swing.

Lol. I get it. The alcohol doesn’t help. Some of these players just don’t understand their limits. Even after years of playing. They are trying to play beyond their capabilities.

92' was a good year though.

One man...Fred Glass

Shades of TC, substitute, substitute.

We’ll be fine. Trust in CAM

Reactions: Hatchets7times

It starts at the top. Until we get new leadership, you can change all of the coaches and players you want. The Colts got good when they fired Grigson and Pagano, Irsay listened to outside voices, hired Ballard and let him run things.

Last edited:
He may turn out great but it wasn’t a great hire. We needed a big splash. Archie was the easy hire. We all hope it works out.
Like who? I kept telling people when they were calling for the coaches head that when we do we will not get a big time coach. we were going to have to hire an up and coming coach because a well established coach is not going to leave their current job.

Like who? I kept telling people when they were calling for the coaches head that when we do we will not get a big time coach. we were going to have to hire an up and coming coach because a well established coach is not going to leave their current job.

You will get no better ideas from him, just criticism. Learned that from Ordy

You hit the nail on the head here Scott and the only logical big name coach was Donovan. Also, you may have unintentionally pointed out the problem with the IU program as it stands today:

No established coach would leave their program because IU has lost its luster. Should put all this nonsense blue blood talk to rest.
Blue blood 25 years ago. Unfortunately, that vein has been bled dry.

Shades of TC, substitute, substitute.

Crean made upwards of 30 plus subs per game even late in season, a number rarely matched by other coaches with the exception of some pressing teams and Buzz Williams. Arch is at average for subs for the pace we currently play at.

This obviously points to one thing. You are dumb.

Crean made upwards of 30 plus subs per game even late in season, a number rarely matched by other coaches with the exception of some pressing teams and Buzz Williams. Arch is at average for subs for the pace we currently play at.

This obviously points to one thing. You are dumb.
All we need is the note pad on the scores bench
for the complete TC clone.

We weren’t willing to pay the money. If UK was hiring would they hire Archie? No

Tony Bennett makes $3 mil a year. Offer him 7

Self makes $5 mil. Offer him 9

I could go on and on. Money talks. We get $60 mil per year from the BTN alone. But again, we don’t care about winning. Not enough to pay for it.

He learned it from Love4beer and, as they say on the Purdue board, at games and in church, “Love4beer Sucks!”

Hey Ordy...troll much?

Oh, and since you now post on GBI can we count on you to change the chant to COURTSENSE SUCKS!!!?

We weren’t willing to pay the money. If UK was hiring would they hire Archie? No

I could go on and on. Money talks. We get $60 mil per year from the BTN alone. But again, we don’t care about winning. Not enough to pay for it.

Lol

Hey Ordy...troll much?

Oh, and since you now post on GBI can we count on you to change the chant to COURTSENSE SUCKS!!!?
In your honor, we’ve already changed it to “Love4beer Sucks!”, since you post here and there under that name. Our mods already busted you on that, among other things!

In your honor, we’ve already changed it to “Love4beer Sucks!”, since you post here and there under that name. Our mods already busted you on that, among other things!

Huh?

OH, and...welcome to ignore for the 23rd time.

Last edited:
He may turn out great but it wasn’t a great hire. We needed a big splash. Archie was the easy hire. We all hope it works out.
Wow, disagree. Good hire - give the program a chance to come back, at least give him a chance to get his own guys in. One year not enough... CAM is a great hire in my opinion.

dumb. kentucky hired billy clyde one coach ago. you suck at this.

This team has final four potential and I'll stand by that until proven wrong. We need some healthy bodies and a little luck though.

Reactions: SixthFlagComing

Like Bill Self would leave KU and he has been in the middle of the FBI investigation. I remember correctly that a lot of fans on here did not like it when Bennett's name came up because they did not like his style on offense. If he had lost as #1 seed to a 16 at IU you would have been on here calling for his head.

Like Bill Self would leave KU and he has been in the middle of the FBI investigation. I remember correctly that a lot of fans on here did not like it when Bennett's name came up because they did not like his style on offense. If he had lost as #1 seed to a 16 at IU you would have been on here calling for his head.
I would take Tony Bennett in a second. Terrific coach and one of my favorites to watch. I don't care about style of play, dude's a flat out winner.

McRobbie will never allow a basketball coach or any coach for that matter to be paid above a certain amount. Until that moron leaves the university the main athletics programs will suffer.

McRobbie will never allow a basketball coach or any coach for that matter to be paid above a certain amount. Until that moron leaves the university the main athletics programs will suffer.

Please link articles to back up your claim.

You could be right, but I'm still going to blame FG for the no search hire in football. Two straight very possible bowl seasons down the tubes in exchange for cashing BTN money, is enough evidence for me that he and anyone else he reports to, do not care about winning.

If this basketball season implodes and somehow IU does not make the field of 68, there ought to be serious questions going on. Next season will more than likely be a step back and could mean three straight seasons of "what the hell is going on around here". These type of questions need to be asked and answered by those who make the decisions on athletics. Glass needs to step up and demand better results with conviction, and until he does, he gets 100% of all the blame from me.

Reactions: BigMobe and fpeaugh
I would take Tony Bennett in a second. Terrific coach and one of my favorites to watch. I don't care about style of play, dude's a flat out winner.

Bennett has been my number one guy since before Crean was hired and I beat the drum for him on here quite a bit until we hired Archie. That said, conversations like this are a joke right now and not fair to Archie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT