ADVERTISEMENT

It has finally been said

I’d like to see how many of the Archie defenders who blame Crean , use to be Crean defenders. Chris Mack didn’t inherit that much more talent than Miller. But he did coach and develop his team better.

I’d like to see how many of the Archie defenders who blame Crean , use to be Crean defenders. Chris Mack didn’t inherit that much more talent than Miller. But he did coach and develop his team better.

Mack also took over a team with that had been to the tournament the 2 previous years (would have been 12 previous years had Louisville not received a tournament ban in 2016) that also had incredible post depth, 2 things that don't describe IU's situation under Miller

Louisville was 20-13 9-9 last year and was in the NIT; Mack didn’t inherit shit. Just more excuses by the Apologists!

I agree with a lot what you say at times, but Mack inherited a veteran team of predominantly Top 75 rated recruits.

Enoch #62
Williams #25
Agau #88
King #25
Nwora #73
Perry #71

McMahon was a 4* by one service and a 3* by another
Fore, Sutton and Cunninham were unheralded transfers, but are each highly experienced.

While most people were writing the Cards off this season, I actually had their roster rated #8 in the nation. Too high, I agree due to King being a bust, but (just based on numbers and experience) Mack stepped into a terrific situation especially considering the low expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Agreed. This year has shaken my confidence in CAM, but it's too early to run him off and his recruiting has been good, even in losing Brooks. It's also logical in building a complete roster, which is an improvement. I do think we need to make the tournament next year. I get that we're losing a lot in Langford and Morgan, but we should have overall improvement in everyone back, Hunter (or his recruited replacement) will return in addition to next years class. We underperformed this year, no reason we can't overperform next, as both MI and PU did imo.
i don't think we a losing a lot with langford. he's not scoring as much lately and other players will be better at scoring next season, such as all of our guards. langford doesn't bring anything else to the table. zero passing, no fight or determination, not much rebounding. i agree about morgan but not romeo.

Even with my pretty basic system, I had IU #40 if Davis couldn't give IU top 5 minutes. I did have IU #18 on roster alone, without any injury consideration, which fueled some optimism. I was pretty sure that Davis wouldn't be able to do that at least until late in the season, but that #18 still looked pretty good.

Factor in a super tough Big 10 and this years results might not be as awful as it seems. The problem is that I thought Archie would be a coach who would actually be able to outperform basic expectation levels and hopefully by a lot. Also, you have a team that went 5-5 vs Kenpom Top 30 teams. That rarely (if ever) is the mark of an NIT team; I think Crean might have come close once... red flag.

Strangely, I'm still more optimistic than I probably should be, but I need to see something next year to remain optimistic. I don't just mean getting into the NCAA Tourney either. IU will have the right kind of experience level to have a really good regular season next year. That would be my expectation of a very good coach.

One thing about Alford. Steve doesn't get the benefit of the same excuses that are passed off as valid ones for almost every other coach. That said, I thought he needed to be fired and said so here after the loss to Cincy. I've never seen a team totally quit on a coach so early in a season. I wanted him fired for his own sake.

Steve was fired before this year started. Was told he had to go to Final Four. He might have done that with better circumstances. He was missing 4 players this year at start of season that all we're projected as possible starters.

Reactions: homeytheclown
Steve was fired before this year started. Was told he had to go to Final Four. He might have done that with better circumstances. He was missing 4 players this year at start of season that all we're projected as possible starters.

If that's true, it sounds like the UCLA Athletic Director is worse than Indiana's.

Reactions: homeytheclown

And he wore a wire during this conversation? Lol

Reactions: TommyCracker
I agree with a lot what you say at times, but Mack inherited a veteran team of predominantly Top 75 rated recruits.

Enoch #62
Williams #25
Agau #88
King #25
Nwora #73
Perry #71

Fore, Sutton and Cunninham were unheralded transfers, but are each highly experienced.

While most people were writing the Cards off this season, I actually had their roster rated #8 in the nation. Too high, I agree due to King being a bust, but (just based on numbers and experience) Mack stepped into a terrific situation especially considering the low expectations.

Damn it man, quit using facts!!

I noticed that VickieBear hasn't responded to your post since it blows his assertion out of the water. Hmmm, go figure.

You’re a total fking tool dude. Kiss my ass. I’ve got more IU allegiance then you, are u even a season ticket holder? Yea that’s what I thought just another cheap ass IU fan that has no money.

You could not be further from the truth. It thought I would give you another chance after your time out, oh, well, welcome back to ignore.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
Lemme see now- Losing our two best players. The black hole a.k.a. Justin Smith, however, will still be here. Lost out on Brooks, our second highest recruiting target. No perimeter scoring on the floor, none coming in. Coach seems to not be able to motivate the players. Coach doesn’t seem to have a coherent offensive philosophy.

You don’t have to be Jeane Dixon to see that next year is going to be a tough one for IU.

Bump

Enoch #62
Williams #25
Agau #88
King #25
Nwora #73
Perry #71

Just curious (and for comparison purposes), what did Archie inherit?

ADVERTISEMENT