ADVERTISEMENT

It has finally been said

regardless of how much of the fault lies on Archie..it feels as if Archie is already a lame duck. There are a lot of what if's with this and last season, but what if's dont get you banners or in the tourney. Next year will be interesting to say the least.

Reactions: IUgradman
regardless of how much of the fault lies on Archie..it feels as if Archie is already a lame duck. There are a lot of what if's with this and last season, but what if's dont get you banners or in the tourney. Next year will be interesting to say the least.
You don’t come back from this as a coach. It’s a matter of when not if at this point.

Apparently nobody looks at hard facts about Iu the last couple of years. First Crean lost recruiting in Indy which cost him dearly. His last two classes werent that great. Second when Miller showed up his top three players went pro with no time to recruit. Third he has one class or recruits who have played. Then there is the injuries that derailed this season. Since he has taken a team to the elite eight I am gonna give him time. He has also recruited some nice players. I wanna see how they develop. If some of you fans wanna jump ship please do. Just don't come back when he starts winning..

Apparently nobody looks at hard facts about Iu the last couple of years. First Crean lost recruiting in Indy which cost him dearly. His last two classes werent that great. Second when Miller showed up his top three players went pro with no time to recruit. Third he has one class or recruits who have played. Then there is the injuries that derailed this season. Since he has taken a team to the elite eight I am gonna give him time. He has also recruited some nice players. I wanna see how they develop. If some of you fans wanna jump ship please do. Just don't come back when he starts winning..
Thanks dad.

You don’t come back from this as a coach. It’s a matter of when not if at this point.

Yep, you just don't come back from a disappointing second season as a head coach. Everybody knows that if your team fails to live up to expectations in your second season as head coach, then you are bound to be fired unceremoniously. It's common practice and knowledge. :rolleyes:

Yep, you just don't come back from a disappointing second season as a head coach. Everybody knows that if your team fails to live up to expectations in your second season as head coach, then you are bound to be fired unceremoniously. It's common practice and knowledge. :rolleyes:
Next year will be as bad or worse. There’s no reason to be this awful in year 3. All reasonable fans can see it and they’re not going to come back. It’s a matter of time now.

Next year will be as bad or worse. There’s no reason to be this awful in year 3. All reasonable fans can see it and they’re not going to come back. It’s a matter of time now.
Year three? Miller has coached two years. I find it interesting you can see into the future. Since you can how would this season have gone if they didn't have any injuries? So you already know how the team is gonna develop and how are freshman will contribute I am impressed. You saved me a lot of time next season. No reason to watch.

Chris Mack figured it out

Yep, next year is going to be awful for IU. Everybody knows that what we are now is what we will be or worse next year, and that what our competition is now will be the same or better next year as well. Because past and present performance is ALWAYS indicative of future results, everyone knows this. There are no variables. Everything and everyone is a known quantity, based solely on what they were and what they are.

It's the bedrock of how things work in sports, finance and life. Thank you for illustrating that and sharing this level of wisdom with the unwashed masses of IU fandom. :rolleyes:

Year three? Miller has coached two years. I find it interesting you can see into the future. Since you can how would this season have gone if they didn't have any injuries? So you already know how the team is gonna develop and how are freshman will contribute I am impressed. You saved me a lot of time next season. No reason to watch.
Going on the evidence of the past 2 years, not predicting the future.
Coaching has been poorer than expected in my opinion.
Motivation/culture seems to be an issue, we don’t play hard as often as I thought we would.
Recruiting, beside Romeo, has been poor. RP has been mediocre to below that far more often than he has been good. Thompson and Hunter are non factors and Damezi and Jake can’t play. Pretty poor.
Most of the roster hasn’t improved in 2 years.
Talent evaluation on grad transfers is a fail.
All next year’s improvement is based on hope. I guess that’s fine but a poor strategy.
TJD likely has a chance to help- beyond that this staff has given no one a reason they can recruit and evaluate the talent they need

Reactions: IUgradman
Rick Barnes, Mike Krzyzewski, and Tony Bennett did.

Rick Barnes
15-19
16-16

Mike Krzyzewski
17-13
10-17

Tony Bennett
15-16
16-15

Archie will come back too....
Here we go again cherry picking the few winners! How about UNLV coach that just got fired, won 3 titles at New Mexico State and was COY. Done

Motivation/culture seems to be an issue, we don’t play hard as often as I thought we would.
Recruiting, beside Romeo, has been poor. RP has been mediocre to below that far more often than he has been good. Thompson and Hunter are non factors and Damezi and Jake can’t play. Pretty poor.
All next year’s improvement is based on hope. I guess that’s fine but a poor strategy.
TJD likely has a chance to help- beyond that this staff has given no one a reason they can recruit and evaluate the talent they need
You can't be serious.. If you can't see that RP is a great talent in the making I feel sorry for you. Recruiting is a lot better then Crean and his unbalanced rosters. Apparently you haven't notice the u haven't notice the uptick in this teams play? Nobody knows how Hunter will play. He has had one class. He is putting together his second class. I played for years and have had several coaches in my family. One coached in the NBA and Europe. I'll listen to people who know basketball. You apparently don't..

I would be so excited for next year had we gotten some production from Damezi and Jake and Race (injury of course) but that didn’t happen. To think those guys will be major players next year is pretty foolish. Look at Gophers and Purdue they had freshman giving productive minutes, we only return Phinesse

Yep, next year is going to be awful for IU. Everybody knows that what we are now is what we will be or worse next year, and that what our competition is now will be the same or better next year as well. Because past and present performance is ALWAYS indicative of future results, everyone knows this. There are no variables. Everything and everyone is a known quantity, based solely on what they were and what they are.

It's the bedrock of how things work in sports, finance and life. Thank you for illustrating that and sharing this level of wisdom with the unwashed masses of IU fandom. :rolleyes:
Yes miracles do happen but unfortunately not very often. When you put a team on the court that looks absolutely lost for multiple games, that plays worse than any IU team I have ever ever seen on the court, then any reasonable person would be concerned about future results.
One miracle could be that Williamson, Barrett, Herro, and Little announce they have decided not to go pro but transfer to IU to play for CAM. Another could be that Donovan and Stevens announce they have decided to accept assistant coaching jobs at IU to study under CAM. Yes absolutely these events could happen but not overwhelmingly likely.

Reactions: mk23 and IUgradman

Past performance is not always indicative of future performance if you do something dramatically different when it comes to human behavior.

That principle mostly holds true because we avoid change for a variety of reasons...

Yes miracles do happen but unfortunately not very often. When you put a team on the court that looks absolutely lost for multiple games, that plays worse than any IU team I have ever ever seen on the court, then any reasonable person would be concerned about future results.
One miracle could be that Williamson, Barrett, Herro, and Little announce they have decided not to go pro but transfer to IU to play for CAM. Another could be that Donovan and Stevens announce they have decided to accept assistant coaching jobs at IU to study under CAM. Yes absolutely these events could happen but not overwhelmingly likely.
Unfortunately what you see is what you get will most likely be the rule for next year, some games where Archie looks great but many others where u kind of scratch your head

Showing other coach’s records serves a purpose I guess; however , show me one of those coaches who lost 12/13 against some of the teams we lost to. With the resources and money at IU, no coach should do that. Any of us could’ve coached this team to that record. Why is it so hard for people to understand that we are not elite and if we want to get back to that , it does not happen with 5-7 years of rebuilding every 7 years. This is the same comments we heard with Crean , then 9 years later we were back to square one.

I'll say this. If we fire Archie, the next hire better be Alford, Fife, Woodson, or Wittman. And Mike Lewis, Guyton, Cheaney should be considered as Assts. We need to bridge the Knight era. You always go back to the well.

Reactions: ORG
Showing other coach’s records serves a purpose I guess; however , show me one of those coaches who lost 12/13 against some of the teams we lost to. With the resources and money at IU, no coach should do that. Any of us could’ve coached this team to that record. Why is it so hard for people to understand that we are not elite and if we want to get back to that , it does not happen with 5-7 years of rebuilding every 7 years. This is the same comments we heard with Crean , then 9 years later we were back to square one.
Tony Bennett’s longest losing streak was 3 games his 2nd year at UVA. Losing 12/13 is totally unacceptable

I'll say this. If we fire Archie, the next hire better be Alford, Fife, Woodson, or Wittman. And Mike Lewis, Guyton, Cheaney should be considered as Assts. We need to bridge the Knight era. You always go back to the well.
Painter has done nothing more but continue what Keady started, it works

I agree. If we’re not coming back to elite status why not give an iu guy a chance. At least the effort would be there.

Lemme see now- Losing our two best players. The black hole a.k.a. Justin Smith, however, will still be here. Lost out on Brooks, our second highest recruiting target. No perimeter scoring on the floor, none coming in. Coach seems to not be able to motivate the players. Coach doesn’t seem to have a coherent offensive philosophy.

You don’t have to be Jeane Dixon to see that next year is going to be a tough one for IU.

Reactions: mk23
That's BS. Yes, anytime you are hired into a big time job, its because someone else was not getting it done or moved on. Archie should not have held onto Crean's recruits if he wanted a three year honeymoon … bad decision, but when you make 3.5 million a year, you are expected to make good decisions. I will give him one more year to turn it around and by that I mean show consistent improvement. He has not done that to date, and for his salary, we can get someone else who can.

Rick Barnes, Mike Krzyzewski, and Tony Bennett did.

Rick Barnes
15-19
16-16

Mike Krzyzewski
17-13
10-17

Tony Bennett
15-16
16-15

Archie will come back too....
And I could name 300 who didn’t. The odds are about 1% from this point forward.

You can't be serious.. If you can't see that RP is a great talent in the making I feel sorry for you. Recruiting is a lot better then Crean and his unbalanced rosters. Apparently you haven't notice the u haven't notice the uptick in this teams play? Nobody knows how Hunter will play. He has had one class. He is putting together his second class. I played for years and have had several coaches in my family. One coached in the NBA and Europe. I'll listen to people who know basketball. You apparently don't..
“In the making”- hope again
I hope he can play well more often, more consistently- like lots of other freshmen players do around the country. I simply want to see it not guess. You can’t dispute that mediocre far more often than good.
Somebody has to play. Now that recruiting is falling off we better have in house development- but we haven’t seen much of that either.
Losing Brooks is huge. Clearly Archie needs far more talent than the opponent at this point to compete. Based on what we’ve seen for 2 years.
I’m sure we’ll be sold on the #210 ranked player from somewhere that is an undiscovered gem, hard worker who will develop.
As it stands by what we know now, next year we will have bottom third talent in the conference with bottom third coaching.

Painter has done nothing more but continue what Keady started, it works

Another dumb post from you. The bridge is gone, Knight has been gone for over 20 years. Painter immediately succeeded Keady. Bringing in someone who had ties to Knight does not guarantee anything.

When Crean was hired and he gave s “Its Indiana crap” at his presser he never followed through sans Zeller, Blackmon, Hulls. This was one thing that “IU fans” were begging for. In two years we have gotten that from Miller. Hes two for two on landing our Mr Basketball. You and the likes of Fpuke want to run him out.

Next years team assuming no other transfers will still have 6 Crean scholarships on the roster. This years team despite record was markedly better than last and you’re a fool if you don’t see it. This years wins versus last years losses to Fort Wayne and Ind St prove this.

I am not a Miller apologist at all and will call it as I see it.

But you need to GTFOH

Another dumb post from you. The bridge is gone, Knight has been gone for over 20 years. Painter immediately succeeded Keady. Bringing in someone who had ties to Knight does not guarantee anything.

When Crean was hired and he gave s “Its Indiana crap” at his presser he never followed through sans Zeller, Blackmon, Hulls. This was one thing that “IU fans” were begging for. In two years we have gotten that from Miller. Hes two for two on landing our Mr Basketball. You and the likes of Fpuke want to run him out.

Next years team assuming no other transfers will still have 6 Crean scholarships on the roster. This years team despite record was markedly better than last and you’re a fool if you don’t see it. This years wins versus last years losses to Fort Wayne and Ind St prove this.

I am not a Miller apologist at all and will call it as I see it.

But you need to GTFOH
That hate will get the best of you, sorry you feel this way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT